1 2 3
Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
8/23/21 11:03 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

I have been told multiple times that if it has a differential in the transfer case, it isn't 4WD.  Lots of Land Rover and mid 70s Jeep owners would disagree, of course.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
8/23/21 11:27 p.m.

Yeah, some people get very exercised about AWD vs 4WD. My Land Rover doesn't have a center differential. The XJ has a lockable one. My GTX had a lockable one. Our WJ is not lockable (I think). The Big Dodge Truck doesn't have a center diff. My Subaru didn't have a center diff. Neither does the Tesla. So the Subaru and Tesla are 4WD while neither of the Jeeps are?  Seems counter-intuitive.

That's why I mentioned an open center diff instead of specifying a drive type.

Not sure I can look at an XJ with driveshafts at both ends and say "nope, not 4WD" laugh

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
8/24/21 12:50 a.m.

In reply to Steve_Jones :

It's a joke.

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/24/21 9:30 a.m.
Steve_Jones said:
Appleseed said:
Steve_Jones said:
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

How good is his insurance? 

Is driving it through the front window of the dealership and then telling them now it is your problem, an option? 

Why? What did the dealer do to deserve this?

He sold someone a 2wd Wrangler. That's reason enough. 

No, that guy bought a 2wd Wrangler. I've never heard of anyone being forced to write a check for a car they don't want. Next time he won't be in such a hurry. 
At some point, it's gotta be the fault of the guy that saw the truck, drove it, paid for it, etc. 

Agreed.  Missing such a huge and obvious option when purchasing a vehicle is like not realizing it was yellow.

This is all on the buyer.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3yOFj9PymIjHSqM2vI2D3SfJDctTxwQve9TcfdDmSypc7qH0qjvlCxhmxsRYLmrV