11 12 13
Opti
Opti Dork
3/24/22 9:48 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

If you're talking about the heads you showed a flow chart for earlier in the thread, realize your heads aren't good, and they don't flow better than conventional 2 valve heads. They don't even flow better than a stock L03 (305 tbi) head, which are generally considered one of the worst SBC heads for performance. They also don't flow better than 60 year old cast iron SBC heads

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
3/24/22 9:59 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Big grill little bumpers

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/24/22 11:17 p.m.
Opti said:

In reply to frenchyd :

If you're talking about the heads you showed a flow chart for earlier in the thread, realize your heads aren't good, and they don't flow better than conventional 2 valve heads. They don't even flow better than a stock L03 (305 tbi) head, which are generally considered one of the worst SBC heads for performance. They also don't flow better than 60 year old cast iron SBC heads

Now multiply them times 1.5. Because I have 12 intake and 12 exhaust.  Not just 8 +8  By the way those were mke ( the Ferrari guy ) numbers   
    I'm also sure those are stock and not sure how they are measured.    
    I know the last time I ported a set of the early heads I picked up significant flow numbers but from what I've since learned I did it wrong.   Those heads I used 1.95 intake valves  ( stock is 1,635 )  I'd like to correctly port a pair and see what numbers I get with the correct porting done. 
     Remember One guy ( Bob Tullus) not a whole country with one XKE took on all of America's Corvettes and  Camaro's  in the SCCA run offs and beat them.  
 Then took a XJS  and beat all of the Trans Am Corvette, Camaro's  and Porsche's  two years in a row  

Meanwhile Tom Walkinshaw Racing took on BMW's newest group A sedan with his Jaguar XJS  and also won back to back championships 

Not to mention LeMans?  
 Now I'm just a fat Old semi retired bus driver with a budget that wouldn't make a decent down payment on a new car. 
    My $500  Jaguar that's nearly 40 years old  should be semi respectable.  Maybe not as fast as the Nelson's or whoever the autocross guy will be  but considering it's designed to go wheel to wheel and is really out of its element  drag racing or autocrossing  it should do OK  

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/24/22 11:42 p.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to frenchyd :

Big grill little bumpers

That is a handsome car.  Good paint,  nice interior?  Whoever bought it really got a great deal. What color was it?  

11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zK5B2Qhn2bxVy4vOp5SSGjs3iLZiTl0sPMQWMgVa6yxOwgxDblfNsJG7nErQtdZF