The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/11/20 10:38 a.m.

This has been rolling around in the back of my mind for weeks now, and with the recent spat of issues I've been having with the X-Terra, I'm seriously considering it.

So I was watching the Skid Factory about a month ago and this was said:

Naturally I was off to Harrops website to locate this:

Now I'm seriously sitting here wondering how cheaply a 50kish mile 4WD Armada can be obtained for, if I'd be willing to sell the MS3 to do it, or if I should just get one, build it, and replace the wifes X-Terra in the middle of the night with it and see if she notices.

I'm having a hard time finding a problem with a 500 whp family hauler.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/11/20 1:45 p.m.

Do I have to pick just one?

The0retical
The0retical UberDork
3/11/20 2:10 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I'm full of bad ideas. They're usually discarded within a day or so of thinking how much fun they'd be.

This one has been weird because it keeps popping to the forefront of my mind when I think about replacing either the Vibe or the X-Terra.

Maybe it's just the fact that, while new cars are nice, I really don't want a car payment.

Last time this happened I bought the RX-3.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/11/20 2:15 p.m.

In reply to The0retical :

I hear ya. I've not had a car payment since the ms3 and I am loathe to do it again. The used garbage I shop for is hilarious

NoBrakesRacing
NoBrakesRacing Reader
3/11/20 2:20 p.m.

I keep having the idea of putting a turbo through the hood of the family 4cyl, auto, Kia sorento. 

Add some power, give it some street cred.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
3/11/20 2:36 p.m.
NoBrakesRacing said:

I keep having the idea of putting a turbo through the hood of the family 4cyl, auto, Kia sorento. 

Add some power, give it some street cred.

Fe3 based? Could be worthy. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
3/11/20 2:50 p.m.

In reply to The0retical :

Buddy of mine has an Avalanche with the 6.0/4L60 combo.  He put a blower on it and hooned a 500 hp DD for a couple of years until annual transmission rebuilds got tiresome.  He pulled the blower back off and it sits on a shelf in his garage now.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
3/11/20 3:12 p.m.

Oldest one i have is doing a twin engine Geo Storm....

My hardcore one is building a GTLM version of a Buick Century.. on the W platform. full carbon everything, xtrac sequential with pneumatic activated paddles, ect.

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
3/11/20 3:40 p.m.

Yes.  I suspect those ideas drove most of us to find this place in the first place.

I mean I have a Porsche 924 that I want to swap a Chrysler 2.2L Turbo into with Corvette or Miata front and rear suspension.

Its a terrible idea in SO many ways and I'd be better served to build something, nearly anything else.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
3/11/20 4:04 p.m.

I can't let go of a dirt modified on the street.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
3/11/20 4:15 p.m.

Some of my best ideas are bad ones.

ebelements
ebelements Reader
3/11/20 4:46 p.m.

I want to buy a clean but non-op '80s El Camino and a clean, fully operational LS400 or 430 and move everything possible from the Lexus to the GM. 

noddaz
noddaz UltraDork
3/11/20 4:57 p.m.
Appleseed said:

I can't let go of a dirt modified on the street.

Thanks.  Just when I hadn't thought about something like that in a long time.  (Ok, maybe a few weeks.)

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/11/20 7:06 p.m.

I've been daydreaming lately of a v8 caddy srx and slapping the sts-v blower on it 

90BuickCentury
90BuickCentury New Reader
3/11/20 9:04 p.m.

Mid-engined turboed V8 RWD minivan is an idea I've had since I was a kid but will probably never do.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MB3O8UMWf8dOy0Jr4NQ0aK95hs724XqbdkkWocRfCHDhKdEryS7FjBCUUYSaztrV