_
_ HalfDork
6/9/19 12:07 a.m.

I just scored some mazdaspeed bars. I never plan to have anything over 200tw. Do I need these?

Also with the adjustable end links, Mr. Tanner, if you end up in here, the FM site says these are backordered until June, but there’s still time to order them. Is this current?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
6/9/19 6:21 a.m.

In reply to _ :

What size is your front bar? 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/9/19 7:09 a.m.

You’ve got to try pretty hard to rip the mounts off. You’ll probably be okay with what you describe. 

I’m not sure I follow the question about availability. Of what?

MSM front bar is 24mm, I think. 

moxnix
moxnix HalfDork
6/9/19 7:18 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

I’m not sure I follow the question about availability. Of what?

End links.

https://www.flyinmiata.com/na-end-link.html

_
_ HalfDork
6/9/19 9:35 a.m.

Yes, the FM site says your getting those endlinks in this month (backordered), it also says I can place an order now. Wondering if I missed the boat and they are all spoken for. Don’t worry about it though, it’s the weekend. 

The bar size is the factory MSM bars, 23mm and 14mm. It’s worth mentioning I do autocross, but only a few events out of the year, and rarely, if ever go 10/10ths on a winding road. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
6/9/19 5:27 p.m.

In order to break the mounts, you usually need >1” front bars and r comps on an autox course - although modern 200TW are pretty darn close. 

I do not have insider information on exactly how many end links will be in the next shipment, but we usually order very large quantities from that supplier. 

_
_ HalfDork
6/9/19 5:57 p.m.

reply to Keith Tanner :

Thanks. I’ll give FM a call Monday. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
6/9/19 8:15 p.m.

In reply to _ :

Ok I agree with Keith, you probably don’t need the swaybar mount braces. I ran the FM adjustable bar on the front of my(now FBC’s) red Miata without an problems, but I put them on my current car since I have the RB 1-1/8” front bar, -4.1* camber, and about as much grip as the car can get. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XzJjynwLpSZ5LNyX7UiAUqGBcocJ1hfN5sBxrdKCegoFY1POC1k7jpWvL3m95a1C