2 3 4 5 6
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/11/20 11:08 a.m.

Oh, and you're welcome to call the office (386-239-0523) and give Nancy a credit card over the phone if you'd prefer. Just tell her it's for the GRM Forum Ad, and Tom is the rep. 

Shadeux (Forum Supporter)
Shadeux (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/11/20 11:35 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

PayPal was going to charge 88 cents but then I received a popup warning that my issuing bank could charge fees and I should call them to find out how much. I just didn't want to deal with that at the time.

I'll give GRM a call. Thanks!

Raze (Forum Supporter)
Raze (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/11/20 7:47 p.m.

Come on everybody, need to get to the full page

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/11/20 10:23 p.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Done.

I am not going to link the Jaguar ad.  It's not family friendly, and I can't find it anyway.

Googling "crazy people" "jaguar ad" will find it pretty easily :)

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose SuperDork
4/11/20 10:34 p.m.

Done!

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
4/12/20 8:05 p.m.
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) said:
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Done.

I am not going to link the Jaguar ad.  It's not family friendly, and I can't find it anyway.

Googling "crazy people" "jaguar ad" will find it pretty easily :)

I never stated that I LOOKED for it.  smiley  I still laugh when I think of the line of people grabbing the tickets that said "Yes!  I want a (...)".  Even more so than the Metamucil ad.

I am only slightly dismayed that my Paypal e-mail is different than my GRM e-mail, if there is going to be some sort of "user support" thing in whatever ad shows up like BOM does at the end of their videos.

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/12/20 8:19 p.m.

I'll see if this works: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/parts-sale/buy-my-porsche-boxster-booksgive-to-grm/171076/page1/#post2983602

Maybe we can have a Garage Sale to raise a little more money for the ad.

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/12/20 8:28 p.m.

I'm in for a garage sale; all kinds of 99 986 Boxster parts, just about anything that can be pulled off but still keep running - all mostly in vgc. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/12/20 8:34 p.m.

In reply to AAZCD (Forum Supporter) :

Hmmm, if I sell something from my chalr project for $1000 and the $1000 is donated to GRM, then inquires should be minimal...

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
4/12/20 9:33 p.m.

Boom... $25 more in the pot. Javelin got a great deal on some books he can use and I got some duplicate books off my bookshelf.

Who else has stuff to put up to raise money for the ad?

LanEvo
LanEvo Dork
4/13/20 8:48 a.m.

Made my humble contribution just now

#jerseystrong

#blessed

Tom Suddard
4/13/20 8:49 a.m.

Up to $660 as of this morning! That means...

Tom Suddard
4/14/20 3:07 p.m.

Up to $715, so we're a tad closer to a Junior page! 

We could get something into the June issue if we get copy by this Friday, do you all want to aim for that?

4/14/20 4:30 p.m.

Would LOVE to see a full page for June. 

bigben
bigben Reader
4/14/20 7:04 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Up to $715, so we're a tad closer to a Junior page! 

We could get something into the June issue if we get copy by this Friday, do you all want to aim for that?

I think the June issue would be optimal.  We really need to start working the graphics and text content if we're going to make a Friday deadline. 

4/14/20 9:17 p.m.

WE THE SUBSCRIBERS of this occasionally august, sometimes (adjective?), and always true to our  racing enthusiast interests, hereby place on notice all advertisers that we are strong, dedicated, and committed to the Grassroots Motorsports (family?). 

We want to race! We want to build! We want to drive!
And we want to see and purchase YOUR PRODUCTS! 

We challenge you that you maintain your commitment to this publication and to our community.

-----

Just a thought.

For what it's worth, I just dropped hundreds with Tire Rack for new shoes for my Crown Vic.  And somehow, Harbor Freight *still* keeps getting my money every couple of weeks. Covid or no, I'm supporting brands that support GRM. 

morello159
morello159 Reader
4/15/20 3:51 p.m.

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/15/20 4:02 p.m.

Would LOVE to see a full page for June. 

How much is left to get there?

bigben
bigben Reader
4/15/20 7:10 p.m.
morello159 said:

I'd increase the font size just a wee bit on the "this ad paid for by..."

I like the Miata shot and know that is poster child for every question asked on the forum, but maybe instead of just this Miata photo we include equally good a picks of a couple other cars (from the pics of your car motorsporting thread maybe) representing other genres of GRM family motorsporting. And add a heading "What do all these people have in common?" Keep the rest of the text but replace "he" with "they."

Tom Suddard
4/16/20 9:02 a.m.

Current contributions are at $770. I'm feeling generous, and I'd like to get this into this next issue, so I'm going to call it a:

This means we'll need an ad with the dimensions 4.75"x7.375"

Tom Suddard
4/16/20 9:03 a.m.

And our preferred format is a high-res PDF. 

EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter)
EastCoastMojo (Forum Supporter) Mod Squad
4/16/20 9:20 a.m.

Katie Suddard
Katie Suddard Advertising Coordinator
4/16/20 9:24 a.m.

Hey guys, you can email me the ad once it's done.

That ad mockup looks super cool. If you guys could get the dimensions into 4.75" wide by 7.375" tall, you're all set. :) 

Tom Suddard
4/16/20 9:33 a.m.

And pro tip... "crazy" might not be the best word to describe yourselves. Maybe committed or loyal or passionate?

Tom Suddard
4/16/20 9:34 a.m.

WE THE SUBSCRIBERS of this occasionally august, sometimes (adjective?), and always true to our  racing enthusiast interests, hereby place on notice all advertisers that we are strong, dedicated, and committed to the Grassroots Motorsports (family?). 

We want to race! We want to build! We want to drive!
And we want to see and purchase YOUR PRODUCTS! 

We challenge you that you maintain your commitment to this publication and to our community.

-----

Just a thought.

For what it's worth, I just dropped hundreds with Tire Rack for new shoes for my Crown Vic.  And somehow, Harbor Freight *still* keeps getting my money every couple of weeks. Covid or no, I'm supporting brands that support GRM. 

This is super strong!

2 3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AtALVCFdhNEwrOCptAKlPj5xHIJI8b4fS1ggzrOOfJcyvg6JEwB7gAy6cHgvPdLM