1 2
naparsei
naparsei New Reader
2/7/11 5:48 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn:

+1.

1 - they ARE better. 2 - I just replaced mine after 6 years. I've used them for autox, hpde, but mostly for road racing. $120/6 = $20/yr, and worth EVERY penny. Better grip, very comfortable. Oh, yeah, I use them when I go to karting places and they take a lot of abuse there. I would suggest trying them on though. Depending on your hands, your grip, etc. the seams can be irritating. You can get gloves with the seams on the outside if it bothers you. I use AlpineStars, FWIW.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 HalfDork
2/7/11 6:02 p.m.

I second flight gloves. I have several pair- one is insulated (look for winter flying gloves)- work like a champ- great feel, thin leather, and nomex or other fireproof construction.

Sumflow
Sumflow
2/25/11 5:00 a.m.

== Driving gloves ==

The finest driving gloves for street road racing, are handsewn using soft rare Peccary glove leather. Said to be "the world’s rarest and most luxurious gloving leather." Peccary leather is buttery soft, and hard wearing.

The unlined designs will keep you in touch with your fingers senses so you never lose that layer of sensitivity from lined gloves and will improve your grip on the steering wheel. Your driving glove should give you a close fit that conforms to your hand's anatomy. And like OJ can tell you, they should be on the small size side, so that they have to stretch to fit your hand.

Street driving gloves reached their highest level of comfort and safety for car control, when sports car and competition drivers used them in long distance road racing events. Here is a shot of Fangio wearing pre-nomex driving gloves at Lemans.

Fangio

You can see the World Champions gloves were are made of leather, with open knuckles, and ventilation holes. This was when racers gloves were designed primarily for car control. From this view we cannot see the external seams, open back or snap attach. It was not until Jackie Stewart that multi layered fire safety gloves, become mandatory on the track.

These guys seem serious about driving gloves. You can find them cheaper on eBay. Driving gloves Pic Bauhaus

Dents UK

Driving gloves

What are driving gloves?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fe435stjxMuWYAIkamo2XeR0p2b3iGYtmF3xRUrCT1bnArPxwooDBTYqcJSoorri