1 2
Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
10/4/12 3:23 p.m.

All hail Pantera pik link All happy very nice deal . 5 speed 351 ford engine . Got a big thrill from the vehicle AC works daily driver super nice guy named Paul

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
10/4/12 3:25 p.m.

Beautiful cars for sure

lastsnare
lastsnare New Reader
10/4/12 3:26 p.m.

nice :-) !!

I got to sit in one a few years ago, didn't hear it run or ride in it however.

Cone_Junky
Cone_Junky Dork
10/4/12 3:38 p.m.

We've sold a couple at my shop over the years. A beautiful white one doused in carbon fiber with a FoMoCo Crate motor and a vomit green one. It's quite an experience to drive. A whole lot going on behind your head, including belts spinning thousands of RPM 6 inches from your back.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
10/4/12 3:38 p.m.

That's a beautiful car. Another of my lottery win picks for sure. I actually like these better than the Ford GT. Once upon a time you could buy these fairly reasonably too. I saw one at an autocross years ago and the guy did really well.

yamaha
yamaha Dork
10/4/12 3:40 p.m.

My only complaint is how close the pedals are.....otherwise, love them

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette SuperDork
10/4/12 3:42 p.m.
yamaha wrote: My only complaint is how close the pedals are.....otherwise, love them

he was going through the check out and he said "" ankles together "

Woody
Woody MegaDork
10/4/12 3:42 p.m.

Photobucket

slantvaliant
slantvaliant SuperDork
10/4/12 3:43 p.m.

I'm jealous.

I've wanted a Pantera since about 1974, when I really started to become car-aware. The movie "Challenge" played a part in that.

More Pantera:

Photobucket

Photobucket

NOHOME
NOHOME Dork
10/4/12 4:05 p.m.

Wanted to buy one of those way back in 1991. Was flush with $$$ cause I was working the oilfields in Nigeria. My insurance broker was in South Dakota.

When I told him what I was buying, he mentioned that I had "No Real Address" as "single" no "Real Car" for daily driving and was without a place to store it. The insurance was going to be insane.

I bought a Miata shortly after. Man did I ever dodge a bullet there!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
10/4/12 4:15 p.m.

Photobucket

Wally
Wally UltimaDork
10/4/12 4:25 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

Who would sell a car to a guy in Nigeria anyway?

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade SuperDork
10/4/12 4:31 p.m.

Someone traded in a later model at a car dealership I delivered to once. Awesome looking cars, more like a hammer than a fine tool.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy Dork
10/4/12 6:02 p.m.
Woody wrote: Photobucket

Tyler H
Tyler H Dork
10/4/12 6:36 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote:
Woody wrote: Photobucket

First for 24 Hours of Lemons? Put a slant 6 in it. Or a Ford 2.3L?

petegossett
petegossett UltraDork
10/4/12 7:00 p.m.

I had the pleasure of trying one out 15-years ago or so. I agree with the hammer comment. The shifter takes a bit of practice, as do the pedal arrangement, and heavy steering.

I can't say I was disappointed, but I came away from the experience thinking & feeling less "sportscar" about them, and more "muscle-car" instead. I still want a mid-80's GT-5.

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
10/4/12 7:30 p.m.

Drove one for a short (too short) time many years ago. I was too enthralled to pay attention to niceties but I do remember the small footwells, weird driving position similar to a Fiat 850 Spyder and a whole lotta rumblin'.

carguy123
carguy123 PowerDork
10/4/12 8:32 p.m.

The limited pedal space is because of how far forward they sit. Definitely well into the front wheel wells.

The first really hard corner I came into I felt like I was Fred Flintstoning it. I thought my feet were the very first thing that would hit anything.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
10/4/12 8:41 p.m.

I've never drove one, I bought one out of a junkyard on the south side of Chicago 20 years ago for 900. I should have left it there; it rolled around but was otherwise much like the one woody posted above. Guy here in town owns two, ridiculous really.

DavidinDurango
DavidinDurango Reader
10/4/12 9:43 p.m.

Funny, I drove my '73 today. and 200 miles on Saturday (San Juan Skyway)

Never driven anything I like better. Go figure.

a few Panteras at the owner's convention 2003.

dabird
dabird Reader
10/4/12 10:24 p.m.

my ex wifes dad ( who I still hang out with on a regular basis) has a 74. Great car

novaderrik
novaderrik UltraDork
10/4/12 11:03 p.m.

if i ever get one, it's getting a big "CFH" logo on the hood and the plates will say "FN HOSTL"..

Derick Freese
Derick Freese SuperDork
10/5/12 12:11 a.m.

I want one of these more than just about any other car, save for an LS1 DeLorean.

Mitchell
Mitchell SuperDork
10/5/12 12:54 a.m.
DavidinDurango wrote: Funny, I drove my '73 today. and 200 miles on Saturday (San Juan Skyway) Never driven anything I like better. Go figure. a few Panteras at the owner's convention 2003.

The seventies was a very strange time for color choices.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
10/5/12 7:18 a.m.
Mitchell wrote:
DavidinDurango wrote: Funny, I drove my '73 today. and 200 miles on Saturday (San Juan Skyway) Never driven anything I like better. Go figure. a few Panteras at the owner's convention 2003.
The seventies was a very strange time for color choices.

Did you see the pants?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ILtMJgcnWKF1T8kMpHT053y2YDXbSorUCcMN1IDsSeF6U4oe3F60T4Ad8cvSBTIa