poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
8/12/20 8:23 a.m.

Considering one of these for the FoRS. Roads are pretty smooth here but the ride was kinda brutal in Colorado.

ALTHOUGH, for an extra $1500, THIS is REALLY tempting. 1/2 price compared to new.

Thoughts?

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/12/20 8:42 a.m.

Buy the tractive stuff. No question.

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
8/12/20 9:59 a.m.

Normally I'm kinda skeptical of their stuff, especially the out of the box tunes. But if the description is accurate and it actually turns it into an active system versus the stock fixed current system, it could be a pretty big improvement.

poopshovel again
8/12/20 10:05 a.m.

Kit is sold :/ Seller did not update thread.

Interested in any real-world experiences with the box.

dps214
dps214 HalfDork
8/12/20 10:22 a.m.

The only direct feedback I have is from a GT4, where the owner said the out of the box tune didn't do much for performance but made a big difference on the street. The stock RS system isn't active, just fixed current modes (ie koni sports, but the knob is on the dashboard instead of attached to the shocks). The DSC description says it turns it into an active system which, if that's accurate and they did a decent job tuning it, would be a huge improvement.

poopshovel again
8/12/20 10:33 a.m.

In reply to dps214 :

Yeah. SADLY no plans on tracking it as I have learned the "Don't put in on track unless you can afford to leave it there" lesson the hard way. More interested in street ride/handling improvement...but not interested in $1k worth of snake-oil.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
8/12/20 10:43 a.m.
poopshovel again said:

In reply to dps214 :

Yeah. SADLY no plans on tracking it as I have learned the "Don't put in on track unless you can afford to leave it there" lesson the hard way. More interested in street ride/handling improvement...but not interested in $1k worth of snake-oil.

I haven't read enough about it, but I know the ACE kit for 949 is similar and has good reviews. It's a tractive setup as well.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
njpkk0pIw1vPkAYuiwtghqIOiOIAqgnHHN2yfBYKMqliCBBKN4Jg4tCZNH5l4OBe