1 2 3 4 5
JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/10/11 11:36 a.m.
JThw8 wrote: Just think of all the trouble I could get into if I worked someplace that encouraged my oddities.

"....GRM, now with a fleet of widebody yugos as company cars."

monark192
monark192 Reader
3/10/11 11:52 a.m.

Can't write worth a damn, photography skills are getting better now that I have discovered lens caps can be removed, and I live on the wrong coast. Other than that, I have you all covered on the english skills as I was born and raised there. I am proficient in right hand drive, tea drinking, and ordering pints in pubs!

Strizzo
Strizzo SuperDork
3/10/11 12:38 p.m.

still no openings for geologists eh? guess i'll check back later...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/10/11 12:48 p.m.

Yeah - Im surprised, Id have thought Logistics and production control consultants would be in high demand for car mag publishers...go figure?!?

Otto Maddox
Otto Maddox HalfDork
3/10/11 1:38 p.m.

How about a CFO?

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
3/10/11 4:06 p.m.

Taken, but Margie is mighty busy with that patio.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
3/10/11 4:30 p.m.

I know the GRM guys well enough to know that it would be a great job - hard work and pretty consuming with the editorial monster always screaming for more content, but a great job. Whoever picks this up is going to enjoy it.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/10/11 5:01 p.m.
Per Schroeder wrote: Taken, but Margie is mighty busy with that patio.

I can float some MEAN cement... Maybe I should add that on my resume?

Timeormoney
Timeormoney Reader
3/10/11 5:43 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: "This is a full-time, in-house position" - Well, I need to leave the house occasionally so that may be an issue. "Candidates should have a degree in journalism, communications, English, public relations or closely related field of study" - Hey, I should have a degree in all of those! So I qualify. "photography skills are a plus" - I have three pictures of bigfoot. Huh? Who else can say that? I'm a show in! "equivalent experience will be considered" - I have spent hours laying under a greasy car and then complained about it later. Is that close? "Competitive salary based on experience and ability" - I currently make $432.50 per hour...I assume that this will be an increase. Seriously, that is very cool and I wish I was 20 years younger!

You need to be 20 years younger to move to Florida?

Steve Chryssos
Steve Chryssos Associate Publisher
3/10/11 7:17 p.m.
oldtin wrote: You're seriously tempting me to apply. I've done 14 Chicago winters. This one pretty much burned me out on crappy weather.

Winter here was TERRIBLE this year. Both days!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
3/11/11 9:38 a.m.

In all the excitement, I forgot to ask. Is this an expansion of the staff, or is someone getting the axe? Did Margie fire Tim? Awkward!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/11/11 9:42 a.m.

No, no one is leaving. We've been growing and need another person to help make magazines and stuff.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/11/11 10:56 a.m.

I can make grilled cheese that will

BLOW
YOUR
MIND
!

when do I start?

Keith
Keith SuperDork
3/11/11 1:57 p.m.

Excellent, I was hoping we weren't losing anyone.

I talked to Janel about this last night. It's the perfect time of year to bring up Florida with her She could make the move pretty easily from a professional standpoint.

But I've already pretty much got a dream job, and it would be goofy to consider walking away from it for another one!

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/11/11 4:06 p.m.
Keith wrote: Excellent, I was hoping we weren't losing anyone. I talked to Janel about this last night. It's the perfect time of year to bring up Florida with her She could make the move pretty easily from a professional standpoint. But I've already pretty much got a dream job, and it would be goofy to consider walking away from it for another one!

That is good, because I would NOT want to even think about competing against Keith for a job. Clearly he is the better man!

On the other hand, Keith, if you want to leave Grand Junction, let FM know that I am a good replacement! You really do have a dream job!

johnnytorque
johnnytorque New Reader
3/12/11 4:49 p.m.

What you guys REALLY need is a Canadian on staff.

When do I start?

gamby
gamby SuperDork
3/12/11 7:27 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: No, no one is leaving. We've been growing and need another person to help make magazines and stuff.

This drives me crazy. It would be the first time I could actually DO something with my frickin' communications degree.

Damn you all for being in Florida--damn you, DAMN you!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap5Sw3xsZhU

jrw1621
jrw1621 SuperDork
3/12/11 8:18 p.m.

An interesting absence of comment from Lesley!

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/12/11 8:20 p.m.

^^^^ This is good. FL could use more women who are both attractive and intelligent.

TR8owner
TR8owner Reader
3/12/11 10:10 p.m.

In reply to johnnytorque:

"What you guys REALLY need is a Canadian on staff."

Are you sure you could handle those Florida winters?

Zomby woof
Zomby woof Dork
3/12/11 10:27 p.m.
johnnytorque wrote: What you guys REALLY need is a Canadian on staff.

JG probably spent enough time in Simcoe and Burford to qualify for that.

griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
3/12/11 11:27 p.m.
rogerbvonceg wrote: Too bad my Wife is the journalist in the family. And she's not a car nut.

I fall into this category. While my written English skills aren't bad, my girlfriend is the one finishing an Anthropology degree with minors in English and Psych. Also, while she likes cars, I'm the nut. Last impediment is that we just bought our house last year and under the USDA financing program we got it under we cannot sell for three years minimum.

Agreed with all above it is a dream job.

triumph5
triumph5 Dork
3/13/11 12:52 p.m.
Keith wrote: I know the GRM guys well enough to know that it would be a great job - hard work and pretty consuming with the editorial monster always screaming for more content, but a great job. Whoever picks this up is going to enjoy it.

Anybody seriously considering this position, and has not worked in an everyday editorial position, should take this advice very seriously. Keith knows whereof he speaks.

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
3/13/11 8:28 p.m.

Damn, six months ago, I would have applied for this! Sounds like a great possibility.

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
3/14/11 11:14 a.m.

I'm surprised Slick Dizzy hasn't chimed in, being recently unemployed and all. Actually, if I wasn't making out so well at my current job I'd consider it myself.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z2bazR00KuQmEKR2eFMV7LcsoojNMboodFl3ksuufFsDPivKn41QQ52XINSxBfpq