3 4 5 6
shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
3/22/11 4:13 p.m.
corytate wrote: I can't get over this, even way back in High School AP English I used to edit papers for friends pro bono.

You went to high school with Sonny Bono?

Wally
Wally SuperDork
3/22/11 11:05 p.m.

In reply to cwh:

I sweat too much. Sometimes in the winter I start to get sweat-cicles when I'm outside running around.

Rufledt
Rufledt HalfDork
3/23/11 1:12 a.m.

This would be so awesome if only I met any of the qualifications and could actually move to Florida. Oh, wait, I do have photography skills! I don't have a journalism degree, though, and something tells me my half-completed masters in archaeology won't exactly count as 'equivalent experience.'

Congrats to whomever gets this job!

bobpink
bobpink New Reader
3/23/11 11:28 a.m.

Back in the late 90s and early 2000s I used to write articles for GRM on a fairly regular basis. One of the most enjoyable aspects of doing this, besides dealing with the GRM staff, was making new contacts in the motorsports world and getting their stories while researching an article.

Whoever gets this job either has already or will come to appreciate this. More times than not, it was the people and not always the cars that made it fun.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/23/11 6:43 p.m.
bobpink wrote: Back in the late 90s and early 2000s I used to write articles for GRM on a fairly regular basis. One of the most enjoyable aspects of doing this, besides dealing with the GRM staff, was making new contacts in the motorsports world and getting their stories while researching an article. Whoever gets this job either has already or will come to appreciate this. More times than not, it was the people and not always the cars that made it fun.

I have already found this true in the few articles that I have written for various magazines. I got to spend an afternoon with Jack Baldwin, I spoke shortly with Vic Elford, and I sang karaoke with two Daytona 24 winners. Later this week I will be spending some time over at Chuck Beck's shop, he is such a cool guy! I love my life, I just wish it payed better..

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
3/23/11 9:39 p.m.
bobpink wrote: Back in the late 90s and early 2000s I used to write articles for GRM on a fairly regular basis. One of the most enjoyable aspects of doing this, besides dealing with the GRM staff, was making new contacts in the motorsports world and getting their stories while researching an article. Whoever gets this job either has already or will come to appreciate this. More times than not, it was the people and not always the cars that made it fun.

Didn't you buy a car from us at some point? Or did we sell you one? Hard to keep track. At any rate, good to hear from you.

What is impressive is the overall quality of all the applicants. If this were the NFL draft, there'd be a lot of first day guys, and even some first round guys. They're creative, professional, and some satisfy the requirements in unique ways, but they're all very much real, and we are treating them as such.

Whoever ends u in this position will have edged out some highly qualified applicants.You certainly didn't just waltz in. this is going to be a tough call, and that mostly means the field is quite strong.

Thanks for taking this all seriously. We look forward to moving into the future with one of you.

jg

ZOO
ZOO SuperDork
3/24/11 6:15 a.m.

I hope the newbie gets JG's grunt work, so that JG can write more articles . . . unless the newbie is funnier than JG.

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
3/24/11 8:05 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
Didn't you buy a car from us at some point? Or did we sell you one? Hard to keep track. At any rate, good to hear from you.

The yellow 240Z either went to or came from Bob.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
3/24/11 8:18 a.m.
JG Pasterjak wrote:
Didn't you buy a car from us at some point? Or did we sell you one? Hard to keep track. At any rate, good to hear from you. What is impressive is the overall quality of all the applicants. If this were the NFL draft, there'd be a lot of first day guys, and even some first round guys. They're creative, professional, and some satisfy the requirements in unique ways, but they're all very much real, and we are treating them as such. Whoever ends u in this position will have edged out some highly qualified applicants.You certainly didn't just waltz in. this is going to be a tough call, and that mostly means the field is quite strong. Thanks for taking this all seriously. We look forward to moving into the future with one of you. jg

I'll make it easy for you; I'll do it. I know I know, I'm a giver.

corytate
corytate Reader
3/24/11 4:34 p.m.
shadetree30 wrote:
corytate wrote: I can't get over this, even way back in High School AP English I used to edit papers for friends pro bono.
You went to high school with Sonny Bono?

si, in 2007

91RSImpulse
91RSImpulse New Reader
3/24/11 6:05 p.m.

Whoever gets this position needs to write an article about the lost and forgotten 1991 Isuzu Impulse RS...

Seriously though; This is an amazing job! especially in this Economy... I wish that I had half of the qualifications for a job like this :)

I lived in and loved Florida! and have been trying to find the perfect job for the last several years...

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
3/24/11 6:11 p.m.
ZOO wrote: ...unless the newbie is funnier than JG.

srsly!

lol just kidding JG

...but seriously...

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
3/24/11 7:56 p.m.

Whoever gets this position needs to write an article about getting this position. That way I know who to kil...er, follow in the footsteps of.

Yaeh, thats it.

bobpink
bobpink New Reader
3/24/11 8:22 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote:
JG Pasterjak wrote: Didn't you buy a car from us at some point? Or did we sell you one? Hard to keep track. At any rate, good to hear from you.
I sold Tim the '70 240Z. This was after Per worked me like a dog trying to get the car ready for a magazine article and Tim caught me at the right moment to ask if I was still interested in selling it. See you guys at the Mitty I hope. Fantastic to see that the empire is still growing after so much talk about how print is dead.
White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
3/24/11 8:48 p.m.
91RSImpulse wrote: Whoever gets this position needs to write an article about the lost and forgotten 1991 Isuzu Impulse RS...

Sure, I'll get right on that after I cover my first car, a 1982 Pontiac 6000LE.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
3/24/11 9:30 p.m.
White_and_Nerdy wrote:
91RSImpulse wrote: Whoever gets this position needs to write an article about the lost and forgotten 1991 Isuzu Impulse RS...
Sure, I'll get right on that after I cover my first car, a 1982 Pontiac 6000LE.

Make it a 6000STE with a manual swap from an X-11 and I'd read it!

91RSImpulse
91RSImpulse New Reader
3/25/11 6:39 a.m.

I doubt anybody would like to hear about my first car... I mean truck... 1981 Chevrolet LUV Truck... Canary Yellow, carbed 1.8L with a 4-speed...

HStockSolo
HStockSolo New Reader
3/25/11 11:45 a.m.

The last time I applied I submitted an article about the Geo Storm. Does that qualify? :)

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/25/11 12:01 p.m.

I didn't know anybody else was silly enough to autocross a geo

HStockSolo
HStockSolo New Reader
3/25/11 1:15 p.m.

In reply to JoeyM:

It worked pretty well once I installed this:

jstein77
jstein77 Dork
3/25/11 1:21 p.m.
91RSImpulse wrote: Whoever gets this position needs to write an article about the lost and forgotten 1991 Isuzu Impulse RS... Seriously though; This is an amazing job! especially in this Economy... I wish that I had half of the qualifications for a job like this :) I lived in and loved Florida! and have been trying to find the perfect job for the last several years...

The article for that car was written by a big guy named Glen, who squeezed his huge frame into a first-gen Honda Civic with a roll cage on a regular basis. I wrote a counterpoint for that article.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
3/25/11 2:29 p.m.
HStockSolo wrote: In reply to JoeyM: It worked pretty well once I installed this:

when I'm done with the datsun, I may do something similar to my storm

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
3/27/11 6:02 a.m.

Actually, I have very, very fond memories of spending a week with an Isuzu I Mark RS. I think the turbo version was an 88 and in 89 it was a 16 valve. What a cool car and I would love to find one again.

91RSImpulse
91RSImpulse New Reader
3/27/11 11:10 a.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/200x-classifieds/1988-isuzu-i-mark-in-ma/32749/page1/

What swaybar are you running on your Geo Storm??? that rear endlink looks awesome!!!

91RSImpulse
91RSImpulse New Reader
3/27/11 11:13 a.m.

ooooppsss did not realize the i-mark has been sold :(

www.isuzone.org always seems to have things like this for sale !!

3 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x2vILHHXTA6SsTMus6S77B3OBVEBy8cuuv4cQ4orDIBThBxvmKZlMxlXE5IqfVmb