4 5 6
HStockSolo
HStockSolo New Reader
3/27/11 5:35 p.m.
91RSImpulse wrote: What swaybar are you running on your Geo Storm??? that rear endlink looks awesome!!!

The bar was a custom piece someone had made but didn't pay for. I bought it fairly cheap, but it was just the bar. I made the sliders from some aluminum, which I also used to made the extensions on the struts. The end links are just generic rod ends from RacerPartsWholesale. I have a bag of extra ones I need to make into some endlinks for my 325i.

The problem with this design is the tab on the GR-2s is just spot welded in two places. The welds eventually break when you hit a pothole or something similar.

The stock endlink design on the Storms and the base Stylus is just garbage. The Lotus specified ones on the Impulses and Stylus XS/RS are fine.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
3/30/11 9:23 p.m.

I just sent my application 1 minute 29 seconds ago.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
4/3/11 5:20 p.m.

Can't believe I missed this!?!?! Going away to the Air Force anyways Good luck to whomever gets the position, I'm sure it will be a blast!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 SuperDork
4/3/11 5:24 p.m.

Any chance for an extension? I've got a great case study on how Audi turned around Lamborghini as a writing sample! :(

And I've been published before! http://www.planetlsx.com/event/RacingPartyingThe12_Hours_of_Sebring_2009/73

GregW
GregW New Reader
4/4/11 8:04 a.m.

Hell, why not? I would like to actually work at something entertaining instead of current job counting smokestacks (literally) as an Environmental Scientist. The problem is I do not meet your criteria in any formal way. I also have some qualms about living on the Hurricane Coast. I am a scientist/regulator, not a journalist but I can put words in a row ranging from political analysis to disassembling and reassembling most anything mechanical and some things electrical.

I have an idea. Would you folks send me an automotive related topic like” “How to drive an old Buick like a sports car without having the cops laugh themselves senceless?” and I write an article. It is nearly spring up here in the frozen North and the local auto creatures are putting away their snowmobiles and trying to get their MG’s started (You did remember to uses lots of Marine Stabile, didn’t you? Did you keep the battery tender hooked up?) and running condition for the few sunny days we get around here. Maybe I could attend a couple of events and write a report or two.

In any case it is a relief to return to the GRM family.

Greg Warner (GregW former owner of the Redtoy)

N Sperlo
N Sperlo Reader
4/5/11 9:24 a.m.

Wurr du i sen dis res£me?

DILYSI Dave
DILYSI Dave SuperDork
4/8/11 7:25 a.m.
mass wrote: This is a pretty good chance unfortunately I'm going to miss this chance because I do not have a degree in journalism.

Pretty defeatist attitude. Do you think that GRM are the kind of people who care what overpriced piece of paper is hanging on the wall, if you can deliver the goods? Now - said overpriced piece of paper is probably the best way to learn how to deliver the goods, but certainly not the only way.

<--- Has two overpriced pieces of paper. Delivers the goods. :)

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
4/8/11 8:31 a.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: <--- Has two overpriced pieces of paper. Delivers the goods. :)

and that, ladies and gentlemen, really is what she said!

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
4/15/11 10:17 a.m.

Today is judgment day. Where, when, and how will the announcement be made?

shadetree30
shadetree30 Reader
4/16/11 9:35 a.m.

Did anybody ask if "DORK" or above is a qualifying factor?

Wally
Wally SuperDork
4/17/11 8:15 p.m.

Would YOU hire any of us?

Woody
Woody SuperDork
4/17/11 8:35 p.m.

I would hire all of us.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
4/17/11 8:37 p.m.

When did you become the editor of "Miata-enablers-R-Us"?

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
4/23/11 7:47 p.m.

Congrats to the lucky finalist, what a marvelous opportunity.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/23/11 8:14 p.m.

The new guy is pretty jazzed, and we'll let him make an introduction soon--still has to move to town, etc., etc. And yes, he drives a Miata.

Vigo
Vigo Dork
4/24/11 2:46 a.m.

Wow, im really glad i waited until right now to check back to this.. I was starting to give serious thought to the feasibility of uprooting everything! At the right time, it could be fun.. but not yet for me.

Congrats to the new guy. After ive burned this next career wick i'll be watching for another opportunity like the one he just got.

Do you think that GRM are the kind of people who care what overpriced piece of paper is hanging on the wall, if you can deliver the goods?

Bravo.

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
4/24/11 7:33 a.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: And yes, he drives a Miata.

Doesn't everyone?

Greg Voth
Greg Voth HalfDork
4/25/11 11:33 a.m.

I didn't drive one and had no real desire to own one.

Maybe that's why I dont work there anymore?

4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z4cQ20gQDSedrZEKeuhX7yENVa8UKl7bNHQ54maEgZ1KIe6kcViCiuNQWGG2Pm6g