1 2 3
mfennell
mfennell Reader
7/28/20 9:33 a.m.
dean1484 said:

Bad days wrenching always seem to happen when there is a time deadline associated with it. It is a big reason I don't do much wrenching on my DD cars any more. Ever since I stopped wrenching on my DD cars wrenching became fun again. 

This right here.  I will work on my DD cars but only because I have alternates.  If I get frustrated about something, I just walk away.  I'm about 1/2 way to removing the dash in my 360 right now to replace the defrost vents.  I'm taking FOREVER because I run into roadblocks and want to be damn sure I'm not about to break some unobtainium piece of top-shelf Italian plastic.  Walk away, do some research, try again tomorrow.

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
7/28/20 9:59 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to A 401 CJ :

Interesting.

A completely tangential bit of trivia I've read is that the average tank saw 30 miles of use before it was destroyed in WWII.  That seems VERY low unless tanks were delivered to the front lines by train, or they include island-hopping.

They often were sent by train. There was a story about how a French Resistance group managed to keep the Nazis from counter-attacking the D-Day invasion by finding out that the panzers themselves were well guarded, but nobody though to protect the flatcars used to haul them. So when the Germans sent a train of tanks to stop the invasion, it got a few miles before they realized somebody had switched the flatcars' axle grease with industrial abrasives.

On the side of dragging down the average, during the siege of Stalingrad, the Russians were building tanks in the city, then driving them out of the tank factory and straight into battle like a game of Command & Conquer. I'm guessing most of them didn't get very high odometer readings.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
7/28/20 10:14 a.m.

Just great, that's my talkin' finger.

Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter)
Paul_VR6 (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/28/20 11:01 a.m.

Every time I can't figure out intuitively which way the distributor should rotate. Seems to happen a lot, probably should seek help.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
7/28/20 11:07 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

In reply to A 401 CJ :

Interesting.

A completely tangential bit of trivia I've read is that the average tank saw 30 miles of use before it was destroyed in WWII.  That seems VERY low unless tanks were delivered to the front lines by train, or they include island-hopping.

Low miles, one owner, never seen snow.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Xmpziw9CbYyg6VhlzaPTTmQU1Tx6rNHJgAqRBPQzXpAc58p6ydATKPOk6SKmleRE