2 3 4
bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
6/2/15 12:41 p.m.

In reply to xflowgolf:

like I said, I'm interested in the cargo space, and the CX9 has more of it. Nothing misleading there. In any case, there isn't a huge difference, and that was what my original point was. I can't produce the numbers, but I measured the floor space in both of them at the auto show and they were not much different. Certainly not enough different to discount one or the other.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson UltimaDork
6/5/15 7:56 a.m.

Brining this back to toot my own horn.

Dropped of the old Lincoln and picked this up this morning. First impression, it's big!

TGMF
TGMF New Reader
6/5/15 8:09 a.m.

Nice! congrats on the purchase!

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler SuperDork
6/5/15 8:24 a.m.

Looks really sharp in that color scheme. I'm fairly lukewarm about the updated grille, especially in chrome, but it does look good in black.

How's the power?

Adrian_Thompson
6/5/15 8:33 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Looks really sharp in that color scheme. I'm fairly lukewarm about the updated grille, especially in chrome, but it does look good in black. How's the power?

I'm not sure about the black door handles on the sport either right now.

The black grille is for the Sport, other models get different grilles. I like the Titanium and Platinum grilles, but I really wanted a sport.

Power? I've driven it about 3 miles so far. I'll get back to you after heading to Ann Arbor tonight.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/5/15 8:33 a.m.

Love that color combo. Good choice.

alfadriver
alfadriver UltimaDork
6/5/15 8:34 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Looks really sharp in that color scheme. I'm fairly lukewarm about the updated grille, especially in chrome, but it does look good in black. How's the power?

He can update the grill to be more... well.. English. Get some Land Rover badges and all.

I've not seen one up close.

Adrian_Thompson
6/5/15 8:38 a.m.
Woody wrote: Love that color combo. Good choice.

It doesn't come off in my crappy cell phone photo, but the white is a metallic and slightly pearlescent. It looks really cool in person.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce PowerDork
6/5/15 8:39 a.m.

Can you take a picture of something for scale behind the rear seat? That's very valuable space for my clan when we travel.

Adrian_Thompson
alfadriver wrote:
He can update the grill to be more... well.. English. Get some Land Rover badges and all. I've not seen one up close.

I could just pour some oil on the ground each time I park and hard wire the check engine light to be on all the time as well if I wanted to do that

Adrian_Thompson
mazdeuce wrote: Can you take a picture of something for scale behind the rear seat? That's very valuable space for my clan when we travel.

Will do tonight.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler SuperDork
6/5/15 9:03 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote:
mazdeuce wrote: Can you take a picture of something for scale behind the rear seat? That's very valuable space for my clan when we travel.
Will do tonight.

Use a banana.

Adrian_Thompson
6/6/15 8:37 a.m.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler SuperDork
6/6/15 10:15 a.m.

Pics no worky.

Adrian_Thompson
6/8/15 9:21 a.m.

Crappy pics with cell phone in poor light

Third row stowed

Third row in place

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
6/9/15 1:42 p.m.

Congrats Adrian. Looks great!

We're going to drive a used Flex Limited Ecoboost AWD that looks to have all the options we want tonight.

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
6/9/15 2:18 p.m.

For me, Flex > Explorer. The Flex just uses it's space better, and is more wagon-like.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
6/9/15 2:43 p.m.

Flex wins in my book more just because it looks cooler and stands out more..

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
6/9/15 3:20 p.m.

Another thing is cost. An Explorer Sport with the panoramic roof and the upgrade pack is $50k. A loaded-to-the-hills every possible option Flex Ecoboost is $48k. The Explorer doesn't get a fridge in the second row.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
6/9/15 3:21 p.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man:

Okay, using your example, what are people actually paying for a Flex with a $48k sticker?

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man HalfDork
6/9/15 3:37 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: In reply to G_Body_Man: Okay, using your example, what are people actually paying for a Flex with a $48k sticker?

Practically nobody. That doesn't stop me from dreaming of the ultimate family truckster, though.

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
6/10/15 10:40 a.m.

In reply to G_Body_Man:

Practically nobody? Huh?

HiTempguy
HiTempguy UberDork
6/10/15 11:15 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson wrote: Power? I've driven it about 3 miles so far. I'll get back to you after heading to Ann Arbor tonight.

The first thing you didn't do with it is mash the throttle and brakes at the same time and do a full-boost awd launch? Lame.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VkI7LRpLLQx12qeIcjlBiHwqn55jpPQAdtZMUHYkJ9C8FqJZVFXgEoxPQw5RoBJd