PunchyWrench
PunchyWrench UberDork
12/13/21 12:47 p.m.

Theoretically, is there anyone in the Boston area who might be down to put eyes on a car for sale just south of there in the town of Braintree?

There's a car there for sub-$1k that would be a perfect parts car for my race car. Exact driveline I run, same body and same color. I'm kind of hoping it might be possible to get some eyes on it before I make the 15+ hour round trip. And I'm not even sure if I can financially justify retrieving it yet. Just thought I'd see if this one piece of the puzzle is possible yet for planning purposes.

Taking a glance at the GRM on the road assist list it looks like there are a couple folks in the area.

Thoughts?

Ironsides
Ironsides Reader
12/13/21 2:09 p.m.

Might be able to help out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
12/13/21 2:16 p.m.

If you run out of options here let me know and I can annoy some rally people in that general region.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
12/13/21 2:33 p.m.

In reply to PunchyWrench :

This might be a good time to go back to your original screen name.  Highlight your long standing presence here so as to not get overlooked on this favor by someone who might not recognize.  

PunchyWrench - Ed Higginbotham
PunchyWrench - Ed Higginbotham UberDork
12/13/21 3:23 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

That's a fair point. Felt like a change in name was due since most of the people who use their real name as their screen name are a staffer or mod. And I'm not in that role anymore. laugh Maybe I'll add it back following the new screen name for now.

12/13/21 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Ironsides :

That would be super cool. Really the only things that I'd want checked is that the drivetrain is all there and the apparent shape/rustiness of everything underneath, especially the diff and other rear suspension bits. 

As of now the seller hasn't answered me so idk if it's even still there. Just trying to come up with a plan in the event that I talk myself into it and SWMBO doesn't kill me when I bring it up. If this was closer or south of me I'd be all over it. Unfortunately the roads between Maryland and Mass are not friendly ones to travel.

12/13/21 3:30 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Maybe I'll keep that as a last resort but I would hate to be a bother to people with multiple degrees of sepparation. Much appreciated!

12/13/21 4:04 p.m.

Oh and I'm more than happy to compensate anyone for their trouble. Realized I left that out in the first post.

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
12/13/21 11:38 p.m.

What type of car. Braintree is not far from me. 30-40 min drive if it is near 95. My issue is scheduling it in but if you are in a pinch I can make it happen. I have a project in Quincy so I am down that way every now and then. 

imgon
imgon HalfDork
12/14/21 5:14 a.m.

I'm somewhat local (40 min) also if you can wait until the weekend.

12/14/21 9:16 a.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

It's an E36. Happens to be the complete correct drivetrain for Spec3 and is a hellrot sedan, which is what my car is. So it's kind of the perfect spares car. Supposedly it only has about 123,000 miles on it. I'm slightly skeptical of that number but I guess we'll see. It's been listed for 2 weeks so I don't think I need to be super urgent about it. Still waiting to hear back from the seller.

12/14/21 9:18 a.m.

In reply to imgon :

Wow. You guys are awesome. Again, I haven't heard back from the seller yet but this is amazingly helpful. I'll ping this thread if things start to move forward. Many thanks.

12/16/21 10:03 a.m.

The seller just finally got back to me. Car sold and he never took it down. Bummer. Appreciate you all for volunteering.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XB8njH6zeLONwc979E3c7HXBhknkn9OFSoEFikf98OezW77ElMtlS9pL4nuYAT1W