1 2 3
Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
4/3/13 3:08 p.m.

Yes, it's still a real thing, and you, GRM faithful, designed it. FFR has now announced they'll be entering production in June! We'll get the first serial number they issue. Who's gonna be in line for the second?

https://www.factoryfive.com/kits/project-818/

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/3/13 3:10 p.m.

I think we're going to have to put this thing up against the FM Exocet.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltraDork
4/3/13 3:11 p.m.

What are those headlights?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/3/13 3:20 p.m.

I still can't decide if i love or hate this thing.

I think i'd like it far better with a hardtop.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
4/3/13 3:23 p.m.

I've seen both the racing and street versions at SEMA and found them to be drop-dead sexy.

Perfect? no--- good looking-- yes.

logdog
logdog HalfDork
4/3/13 3:25 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: I think we're going to have to put this thing up against the FM Exocet.

There is a great cover story idea!

slefain
slefain UltraDork
4/3/13 3:32 p.m.

I saw it in person at SEMA last year. Neat little car for sure.

kreb
kreb SuperDork
4/3/13 3:42 p.m.

Wah, I liked version 3.5!

No seriously, it looks great! I think that FF's going to have trouble keeping up with demand.

And as much as I respect what they're doing with the Exocet, I think that this is a much more refined package which'll be showing it's taillights.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet Dork
4/3/13 3:47 p.m.

I can't wait to see the completed product in person. I barely fit in the prototype during that GRM-hosted tour last year, but it's still pretty cool. Are they building one to keep in Wareham for a while? I would assume that they would...

jv8
jv8 New Reader
4/3/13 3:55 p.m.
logdog wrote:
Keith Tanner wrote: I think we're going to have to put this thing up against the FM Exocet.

Please do this!!!

Ian F
Ian F PowerDork
4/3/13 3:56 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I still can't decide if i love or hate this thing. I think i'd like it far better with a hardtop.

Same here. As a roadster I'm indifferent, but I might like it with a roof and door glass. If I'm spending that much time & money on a roadster kit, I'd rather have a Cobra or Galek.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey SuperDork
4/3/13 4:06 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: What are those headlights?

Looks like Camry donations

kreb
kreb SuperDork
4/3/13 4:17 p.m.

Are there prices on that website? If so, they keep them well tucked away.

dean1484
dean1484 UberDork
4/3/13 5:09 p.m.

I like it. Those are the first photos I have seen that actually have me thinning really bad things.

dean1484
dean1484 UberDork
4/3/13 5:10 p.m.

I still want to know if you could put a GTM body on the 818 chaise.

ransom
ransom UltraDork
4/3/13 5:14 p.m.
kreb wrote: Are there prices on that website? If so, they keep them well tucked away.

The closest I've found is on the linked page and just says "Sub 10 grand kit price, REAL complete car price under 15 grand"...

failboat
failboat SuperDork
4/3/13 5:21 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote:
Bobzilla wrote: What are those headlights?
Looks like Camry donations

that was my first guess.

Sultan
Sultan HalfDork
4/3/13 5:22 p.m.
dean1484 wrote: I still want to know if you could put a GTM body on the 818 chaise.

Looking at the size differences I would say nope.

kreb
kreb SuperDork
4/3/13 6:08 p.m.
ransom wrote:
kreb wrote: Are there prices on that website? If so, they keep them well tucked away.
The closest I've found is on the linked page and just says "Sub 10 grand kit price, REAL complete car price under 15 grand"...

There's more on their order form, but it's still pretty brief.

I'm more fired up than I expected. That thing just looks badass. And running a turbo, it's going to be one of the fastest games in town.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
4/3/13 6:10 p.m.

Agreed, it has some real potential.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH UltimaDork
4/3/13 6:15 p.m.

I thought that was a new front bumper for the street model but it's just repainted (edit: oh and has a mini-splitter)...still, shows you what a difference just some paint can make. The facial expression went from "I just ate a lemon" to a big McLaren P1-like serial killer grin.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Intern
4/3/13 6:16 p.m.
ransom wrote:

The kit price is $9,990

The0retical
The0retical Reader
4/3/13 6:24 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: I still can't decide if i love or hate this thing. I think i'd like it far better with a hardtop.

I hear that's version 3 of the car if the R and convertible do alright. I think I saw on the FFR forums that they were going to sell a really good quality soft top for the convertible version. Provided it doesn't take 3 engineers, a project manager, and a crew of day laborers to set it up like the Murcielago.

I'd still like to see one in person to decide how I feel.

logdog wrote:

Yes yes and yes.

crankwalk
crankwalk Reader
4/3/13 6:44 p.m.

It looks like hodge podge of parts. MR-S with a widebody kit kind of thing. I'm sure its fast for the money but so is a foxbody and both are not my thing.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH UltimaDork
4/3/13 6:50 p.m.

It may not be a great looker but performance-wise this thing is about as legit as it gets. It uses all Impreza parts, no hodge podge of mechanical stuff.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KA4dr9WxmavAhUWeExUN585t7Eh5ZEq6MPYM7BIi94MpEx8R7wFpZ9NhIt4xy8mh