1 2 3
MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt PowerDork
2/7/20 7:29 a.m.

Here's a 1964 Dodge Dart - I kind of like this generation better with the earlier rounded front end.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/7/20 7:30 a.m.

There can be only one. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 Dork
2/7/20 7:44 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson :

In certain US states (New Jersey for sure) Mk2 Jags were delivered without the auxiliary lamps. I like the 240/340 bumpers a lot better too.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
2/7/20 8:03 a.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

I didn't know that!

karplus2
karplus2 New Reader
2/7/20 8:41 a.m.
Toyman01 said:

I'll take one of these. 

This was my first project car back when I was in college. I learned a ton getting it running/driving again. Sold it to a friend who sold it to another friend who I then bought it back from. Sold it because I never drove it and didn't have space to store it anymore. Wish I had it back because it was an awesome cruiser.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
2/7/20 8:42 a.m.
ShawnG said:
Appleseed said:

The highest point of American styling.

Is very clearly a coupe, because it has no B-pillar.

Hatchback? laugh

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE HalfDork
2/7/20 10:35 a.m.

There's just something about the '67 Bonneville's wild headlight assembly that I love- though I gotta admit, the Ford Galaxie/Mercury Comet is a close second for DAD CAR

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltimaDork
2/7/20 10:42 a.m.

Late 60s GM A body. Chevelle, Tempest, etc. 4 door hardtop.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
2/7/20 10:51 a.m.

In reply to GIRTHQUAKE :

No B-pillar.

4-door hardtop, not a sedan.

I thought this was a forum for people who like cars... cheeky

RossD
RossD MegaDork
2/7/20 11:25 a.m.

swampyankee
swampyankee New Reader
2/7/20 12:05 p.m.

Triumph Herald sedan. Flip front, sharing the running gear of the Triumph Spitfire. I had a few back in the 90's. Fun to fettle  and "hot rod" with Spitfire and GT6 OE and aftermarket parts

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 MegaDork
2/7/20 12:54 p.m.
vwcorvette said:

2-door sedans best I can do. I struggle with 4-doors.

You would have to post that.  Reminds me I have a 1966 Chevy II Hardtop in my garage, waiting patiently....

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
2/7/20 1:05 p.m.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
2/7/20 1:31 p.m.

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito PowerDork
2/7/20 1:56 p.m.

buzzboy
buzzboy HalfDork
2/7/20 4:25 p.m.

I'm not used to seeing the Coronet as a 4 door. That's a damn fine looking car  

TonySestito said:
Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
2/7/20 5:04 p.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
Somebeach said:

When I think of the 60's for cool cars I always thing of mustangs, corvettes, camaros,chargers etc.

But what is everyone's coolest sedans of the era?

I came across this old Jag. MK2

This thread missed the bulls eye by >< much with the first post.  I love MkII Jags and that's what I thought of as soon as I saw the title.  Unfortunately you chose the worst possible MkII to post.  That's the one modified by Ian Callum, design head of Jag.  While I respect his work, this is an abomination.  I really dislike the front and rear bumper treatment.  BTW, Morray Callum, his younger brother is the head of Design at Ford and my old boss.

My father had two of these back in the 80's.  Here's what it should look like, I also much prefer steel to wire wheels.  Wire wheels were just a joke by the 60's. 

This next one isn't technically a Mk II.  they finished production in 66.  For 67 and 68 they cost reduced them, dropped the 3.8L engine and kept the 3.4 and 2.4 (never sold in the USA) and renamed them the 240 and 340.  They went to the thinner bumpers, got rid of the spot lights for cheaper (my how times change) chrome grilles and went from leather to a synthetic leather called Ambler.  The second of my dads cars was a 68 240, the other was a 66 2.4 MkII.Jaguar Mk2 (Mark 2, 240, 340), 1959

Well, you're just wrong.

The original posters Modified Jaaaaag is the absolute HOTNESS !

Curtis73
Curtis73 MegaDork
2/7/20 5:20 p.m.
dculberson said:

1966 Bonneville will always have a place in my heart. 

I own one.  It was the first car I ever bought with my own money.  Bought it on 12/26/96 and still have it.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
2/7/20 5:22 p.m.

People keep posting pictures of hardtops.  cheeky

I prefer them as well, but I'd take one of these sedans any day - a '61 Pontiac Catalina super stock, or even better a '63 Pontiac Tempest A/FX.

Curtis73
Curtis73 MegaDork
2/7/20 5:23 p.m.

I had a 62 SDV.  Just enough fin.  61 was too much.  Of course, this one is a hardtop, but they came in sedan

No photo description available.

Curtis73
Curtis73 MegaDork
2/7/20 5:30 p.m.

Seriously hard to overlook the slab side cars.

Image result for mopar slab side sedan

noddaz
noddaz SuperDork
2/7/20 5:53 p.m.

Not a fan of more-doors myself.  But there are some that handle the extra bulk very well.  Looks like most of them have been mentioned.

So I will post a Rambler.

Funny that that one is actually in the UK.

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
2/7/20 6:02 p.m.
RossD said:

/thread. Seriously.

I do like the '60s C-body MoPars as well, and who doesn't like the old suicide-door Continentals?

Pic of my '66 Belvedere sedan for relavancy

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltimaDork
2/7/20 6:35 p.m.

The 66-67 Chevelle 4 door hardtop was marketed as a"sports sedan" right in the advertisement and order guide.

I my opinion, 4 doors=sedan. 2 doors = coupe. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/7/20 6:39 p.m.
buzzboy said:

Does it have to be a 4 door sedan? How about a sedan delivery? I quite liked my 1962 Comet two door sedan. Still looks good as a 4 door, but doesn't quite do the same thing for me. And Sonic already took my real answer of W108.

I'm going Sedan Deville. I saw an absolute gem at the fall Gingerman Lemons in 2016 but I don't have a photo.

I would have to agree, given that I've owned three of them. Money where mouth is, etc, etc.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
al1gSnAq5CRARC2ACrjPdDvCiK1Tg04QyqiuXRD7UB9Y5mTQ94kK6pIS0w7cyqTH