1 2
Will
Will Dork
1/13/14 8:28 a.m.

I haven't driven on them myself, but I was extremely impressed to see how the BFG R1s did on one car in our region this year. They lasted all year long on a Solstice GXP with three drivers in it at every event (9-10 events, 6-8 runs per event per driver). And they were still really good at the end of the year. I couldn't believe it.

evildky
evildky Dork
1/13/14 11:21 a.m.

I say stick with the rivals. You really aren't leaving much on the table with them, maybe half a second on a 40 second course?

Eldukerino
Eldukerino New Reader
2/28/14 12:05 p.m.

Wanted to update this. Last Sunday was the first event of the year and my first event on the Hankooks. It was quite a learning experience! The difference in grip compared to the Rivals was staggering. So much so that it brought out some fueling problems in long sweepers with my carburetors. It took me a few runs to get used to the capabilities of the tires and get my car dialed in with brake balance (had a couple of spins because of this) and tire pressures (ended up at 27 psi front and rear), but once I got those things sorted, it was fast. I can't wait for the next event now that I have those things figured out and I have a better idea of what the limits of the tires are.

Here is a picture from Sunday.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oEUGCocaXN2dPMpnTeEYMLFcqkOkBkbcsdBtFsSzG6yySRJ7Z4iTXrO0wQTirLzL