1 2 3
crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
3/3/16 5:20 p.m.
Flight Service wrote:
Hal wrote: To VG30_S12: Congrats on the purchase. Just don't follow this link.
I forgot about Clifford, they make good stuff.

Offenhauser made some good stuff for this motor too.

Knurled
Knurled MegaDork
3/3/16 5:54 p.m.
Antihero wrote:
rslifkin wrote:
Knurled wrote:
Antihero wrote: I wish they hadn't stopped using the 300 it's an insanely good truck engine
It was also awful for emissions and it wouldn't have fit the new chassis. Same reason why Mercedes went from inlines to V6s.
And it was kinda underpowered. It's a damn good engine, but I probably wouldn't buy a truck with one, and certainly not more than a 1/2 ton, as it's no fun having a trailer on the back and winding the thing out at WOT trying not to get too far under the speed limit on a hill...
Well yeah it's still a 6 cyl. I like it better than the 302 in trucks though definitely

The 300 definitely felt like it pulled better than the 302. And if memory serves, it had the same valve sizes as the 302. So cylinders 4/3rds larger (I think. Math is hard, let's go shopping!) with the same size valves and stuff equals a lot more intake velocity so it SHOULD be a better pulling engine.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
3/3/16 5:56 p.m.
Joe Gearin wrote: For any of you interested in a basic---but tough as nails truck, I found this last night. If it's as well taken care of as it seems, this truck would last you.....basically forever! http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/5473928271.html someone here needs it!

Old school topper, classy wheel covers, dual tanks, 4.9 5-speed w/ 70K. Why is this truck still there?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
udsETPn43EFJ7WKrmxKVuqEbKKsyXW54wGMF25poBFcKp8xDPPcGZBbVMDRvSxpC