singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/23/21 10:43 a.m.

We have a higher mileage sienna and kids are getting into smaller car seats. If the Sienna craps out before we are ready for something this is on my short list of possibles. 

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
10/23/21 7:52 p.m.
Erich said:

Official hybrid mpg numbers are out: 42 city, 33 highway. Deliveries start in January and Ford expects the whole of 2022 model year to be sold out by the number of reservations within the next month. 

The 2.0 was rated at 26/25 mpg. 

I was a little on the fence about the hybrid (never had one before, lower towing capacity, complexity) but an additional 5mpg city over what was predicted makes the decision.

MrChaos
MrChaos UltraDork
10/23/21 9:52 p.m.
yupididit said:

I wonder if my dealer has them. My wife wants to look at the fullsize bronco and mach-e, with my full support lol

if you order anything other than a 4 door soft top manual big bend new bronco it will very likely be 2023 before you get one unless you are willing to pay $10k+ADM at the low end.  Why i ended up canceling my order and am picking up a competitor that i ordered mid august and arrived at the dealership today.

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
10/23/21 11:06 p.m.

In reply to MrChaos :

We didn't like the bronco that much.  

STM317
STM317 UberDork
10/24/21 6:26 a.m.

Saw my first one in the flesh yesterday. White. Driven by a 50 something woman, with a bed full of landscaping tools. That seemed like it will probably be a pretty typical sighting for these.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
10/26/21 8:27 a.m.
MrChaos said:

In reply to Hoondavan :

you can only order the hybrids, there will be no dealer stock for them.

weird...the one my local dealer showed in stock indicated it was a 2.5L hybrid.

MrChaos
MrChaos UltraDork
10/26/21 8:37 a.m.
Hoondavan said:
MrChaos said:

In reply to Hoondavan :

you can only order the hybrids, there will be no dealer stock for them.

weird...the one my local dealer showed in stock indicated it was a 2.5L hybrid.

the hybrids okay to buy date isnt unti December 8th. No hybrids have been built yet.

MrChaos
MrChaos UltraDork
10/26/21 8:41 a.m.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/10/21/epa-estimated-42-mpg-city-all-new-ford-maverick-hybrid.html

• The first Maverick Hybrid pickups are expected to start shipping in December with customer deliveries expected to start in January, arriving with an EPA-estimated rating of 37 mpg combined and an EPA-estimated driving range of more than 500 miles.
John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/26/21 9:46 a.m.

My local dealer had one on the lot.  It has a window sticker and was wearing a dealer plate.  It also has another sticker that says somethig to the affect of, "this vehicle not for sale."  Their yellow big Bronco says the same.  I'm guessing they are using this one as the "test drive" vehicle for orders.  

What they had was a XLT with no options other than the big engine.  Sticker was $24,860.  There was no second sticker, but Bronco Sports were wearing a sticker for $5,000 market adjustment!  That was on top of the $34,515 sticker or lets just call it $40k for a Bronco Sport!!!   The Ford Edges on the lot were not wearing the same $5k mark up sticker.  

I took this size comparison picture.  The rear bumpers of the Maverick and B-Sport were even but the front of the Maverick is this much longer... 

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Dork
10/29/21 4:36 p.m.

I've been reading a lot of reviews of this truck lately and they all seem to basically say the same thing: if you don't need to tow 10K pounds but still want a truck, get this one and get the lower trim level because it's fantastic.

Right now my plan is to get one in 3 years off lease. Pretty excited for that.

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/2/21 8:00 a.m.

Yummy...

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/2/21 8:05 a.m.

These Mavericks are going to be a big deal at this years SEMA.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
11/2/21 9:25 a.m.
John Welsh said:

I'll be watching for images from SEMA this year to see any modified Mavericks, but I wonder how many shops were able to get one?  I kinda figure they'll be more common next year, but I'm not SEMA-savvy.

-Rob

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/2/21 9:27 a.m.

I'm really curious about the lowering of the 2wd variants.  Everyone who has messed with one so far has been an AWD.  The 2wd have a very different rear suspension.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
11/2/21 10:07 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

what are you curious about?

Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
11/2/21 10:11 a.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

It might be awhile, the AWD ones are currently shipping, but the 2wd hybrids are on hold, apparently due to the chip shortage.  I think they will start seeing the roads in December?

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/2/21 10:15 a.m.
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to ProDarwin :

Just how that rear suspension tolerates it.  Its a trailing twist beam.  How much travel does it have, is it on the bumpstops all the time, etc.

STM317
STM317 UberDork
11/2/21 10:19 a.m.
ProDarwin said:
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to ProDarwin :

Just how that rear suspension tolerates it.  Its a trailing twist beam.  How much travel does it have, is it on the bumpstops all the time, etc.

It's pretty similar to the Transit Connect and Gen2 Fiesta ST right?

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/2/21 10:24 a.m.
Apexcarver said:

Yummy...

That's being built by a shop local to me, Tucci Hot Rods. They built the green '39 GMC truck with Plymouth Prowler headlights and the dark purple '41 Cadillac that were both on a bunch of Mothers posters. I actually interned there in high school and worked on the '41 Cadillac chassis some then. They're also building a Bronco on tracks for this year.

And a couple years back they did an awesome widebody Fiesta ST with some heavy rally car influence.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
11/2/21 10:30 a.m.

I saw a hybrid Maverick coming off the truck at a Ford dealer in New Mexico. Maybe it was for test drives, but they are out there.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
11/2/21 10:46 a.m.
rob_lewis said:
John Welsh said:

I'll be watching for images from SEMA this year to see any modified Mavericks, but I wonder how many shops were able to get one?  I kinda figure they'll be more common next year, but I'm not SEMA-savvy.

-Rob

I think there are three that Ford specifically contracted to be modified for SEMA.  Not sure if anyone else got a hold of one for their own booth.

JesseWolfe
JesseWolfe Reader
11/2/21 11:32 a.m.

The aftermarket is already jumping all over the Maverick with lifts.  Though I prefer stock height with a rally look.

einy (Forum Supporter)
einy (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/2/21 2:13 p.m.

Saw my first one in the northeastern Cinci suburban wild today ... lightish blue, said AWD on the tailgate.  Looked pretty nice, definitely has my interest!

NickD
NickD MegaDork
11/2/21 3:34 p.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/2/21 3:46 p.m.

Ill be in my bunk. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
98r8xO4Pr4rRr7CF1AGcZHDrRxTi6g7fLXhWnMyv82UtQnxPLD3rNXu1kMN2BDYz