ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
11/2/21 3:48 p.m.

I cant believe I just now noticed the ridiculous crease in the stock fenders.

Not a fan of the aero on that truck, but the stance looks great.  Wonder what wheel size/offset that is.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
11/2/21 4:25 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Neither had I, until you pointed it out.  All the more reason for fender flares.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
11/2/21 4:48 p.m.

That's wicked.  I think I'd have a different wheel choice, but loving the fender flares and stance. Low, but not scraping.  Hoping that'll be a "maintains" travel lowering option and not having it bounce off the bump stops on every crack in the pavement.

Looking at it again, that's a wing above the back window.  Not sure I like that.  I thought it was some type of panel that was simply open at first. 

-Rob

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
11/2/21 4:51 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Thanks, now I can't unsee it.....

-Rob

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
11/2/21 8:22 p.m.
NickD said:

Stenciling reminds me of old Team Losi wheels.

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
11/2/21 8:39 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Ill be in my bunk. 

Man I wish Firefly got a few more seasons......

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/29/21 2:20 p.m.

Any more in person sightings?  I've seen a couple of Santa Cruzes, but have yet to see a Maverick in the wild.

Erich
Erich UberDork
12/29/21 2:32 p.m.

In reply to eastsideTim :

I actually saw one parked at the local dog park yesterday. Non-hybrid model. Looked nicely proportioned in the flesh. 

Powar
Powar UltraDork
12/29/21 2:44 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Any more in person sightings?  I've seen a couple of Santa Cruzes, but have yet to see a Maverick in the wild.

I've seen two here in KY, but I also live within 30 minutes of two different Ford plants, so I'm not too surprised by it. They were both dark colored and had steel wheels. I was in motion both times, so I'm not sure how they were optioned aside from that.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/29/21 3:08 p.m.

Parked next to one two nights ago. If I'd know they were considered photo and post worthy I'd have snapped a pic. It was a nice metallic orange, the focus ST color I think, but it was dark. Looks the perfect vehicle for my 27 year old with kids, dogs, and a horse. 

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
12/29/21 3:36 p.m.

I've seen two, a maroon XLT about 3 weeks ago and a black XLT a couple hours ago. Both appeared to be 2WD.

Erich
Erich UberDork
12/29/21 3:38 p.m.

Just went to build one and apparently you can't get heated seats unless you get the Lariat with an extra Luxury package, which pushes the price above $31k. I thought heated seats were pretty standard now? Heated seats are nice but they're not $11k nice.

edit: went and looked at what used old-model Rangers are going for on Carvana and SHEESH. A ten year old regular cab with the 2.3 and no options is $17k+

GCrites80s
GCrites80s HalfDork
12/29/21 5:41 p.m.
Erich said:

edit: went and looked at what used old-model Rangers are going for on Carvana and SHEESH. A ten year old regular cab with the 2.3 and no options is $17k+

I remember when a local dealer was closing those out for $11K new in 2012.

rob_lewis
rob_lewis UltraDork
12/29/21 7:04 p.m.

Literally had one pass stopped in front of us as my wife and I are walking around an outdoor mall. The yellow orange color. I still want one but it'll be a year or so before I can shop for one. 
-Rob

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/29/21 7:36 p.m.

Saw one of these in the wild the other day and decided looking them up and researching them. Really cool stuff. I loved the concept of the Honda Ridgeline because it's the practical pickup that most people want/need, but this just tops it off. It's has useable interior room, easier to manuever, can tow about 4k lbs with the right packaging and gets great MPG for what it is. I also have a soft spot for how basic the interior is (and even uses key ignition!). If only I needed a pickup...

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/29/21 10:27 p.m.

I checked my immediate area. 17 available ranging from 23K to 35K. No Hybrids. No offroad packages. If you want AWD its only available on their totally pimped out Lariat models. Speaking of the offroad package, they don't even mention it on Ford's website, so I guess that it's been shelved for the time being.

dxman92
dxman92 Dork
12/29/21 11:50 p.m.

Local Ford dealer two seconds from my house had a base hybrid on the lot for a brief time and it was gone before you could blink.

RyanGreener (Forum Supporter)
RyanGreener (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/30/21 5:28 a.m.
Kreb (Forum Supporter) said:

I checked my immediate area. 17 available ranging from 23K to 35K. No Hybrids. No offroad packages. If you want AWD its only available on their totally pimped out Lariat models. Speaking of the offroad package, they don't even mention it on Ford's website, so I guess that it's been shelved for the time being.

Gotta do the custom order! I've been building them all night.

MrChaos
MrChaos UltraDork
12/30/21 7:49 a.m.

yea hybrids are sold out fir the model year and are order only.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
12/30/21 8:50 a.m.

Saw a dark blue one yesterday, it reminded me of an old school wagon turned into a pickup in a good way.  I could see myself driving one, a used one with 100k on it.

car39
car39 Dork
12/30/21 9:56 a.m.

Just ordered a Lariat 2wd with the gas engine.  Traded my 17 F-150.  Wanted a smaller vehicle, never used the 150's capacity, and even with the local "market adjustment", it's was a pretty close transaction on dollars.  I looked at the Ranger, but I would only need AWD 2 weeks of the year, when I go to New England for Christmas, and I always thought the Rangers looked "tippy.   

Poor me, I have to drive my 2000 Miata until the truck comes in, and it's 70 degrees most of this week.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
12/30/21 10:03 a.m.

The ones I'm seeing listed new locally seem to be "in-transit", and some are already spoken for, so I am not sure why they are even advertising them.  I'm also seeing a few popping up used with asking prices over MSRP.  I'm glad I'm not at a point where I need to buy a new car right now.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
12/30/21 10:05 a.m.
car39 said:

Just ordered a Lariat 2wd with the gas engine.  Traded my 17 F-150.  Wanted a smaller vehicle, never used the 150's capacity, and even with the local "market adjustment", it's was a pretty close transaction on dollars.  Poor me, I have to drive my 2000 Miata until the truck comes in, and it's 70 degrees most of this week.

When are you supposed to get the Maverick? With an (assumed) time gap- is it really a trade-in or did you just sell them your truck and place an order? This is interesting. 

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
12/30/21 10:18 a.m.

I'm seriously considering trading my Ridgeline in on one. The two R-lines that I've had have been wonderful trucks, but living in an urban area, the size is a bit of a pain at times. They're also pretty thirsty. If I lived just 30 miles away in suburbia that wouldn't be an issue, because those communities are designed around modern dimensioned vehicles. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/30/21 10:20 a.m.

In reply to car39 :

I am very eager to hear a grm real world review on these. I am fairly certain one of these is going to be my new vehicle to the next few years. Please keep us updated with an actual ownership experience

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lK0Zby1TxmJZSdQ1K7ri5tU2F5bhBSpFtUl5DSzKLABJctEq9bDvQvQS3gdSpTw8