1 2 3
2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
10/28/19 7:31 a.m.

Hit that thing with the lowering stick a few times and I'd say it looks pretty nice! I wonder what they will sell for?

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/28/19 7:50 a.m.

In reply to 2002maniac :

It'll start at 'Hmm, OK' for the base model and rise to 'WTF' for the top of the line.

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
10/28/19 8:19 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

In reply to 2002maniac :

It'll start at 'Hmm, OK' for the base model and rise to 'WTF' for the top of the line.

Like every new vehicle lol. 

Cars aren't cheap but 40k gets you a whole lot compared to 10 years ago.  

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
10/28/19 8:21 a.m.

In reply to STM317 :

Ontop of the x5 being a handsome vehicle. X6 is too ugly for my money. Aesthetically, I'd have to take that 5 series. But, I don't ever see myself daily driving a sedan that isn't a German horror lol

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/28/19 9:02 a.m.

I don't want to scare people about the Mach-E, it honestly looks good, and those CAD shots someone posted are the real thing.  But I think the BMW X6 is just about the best looking vehicle BMW have in production today.  Low bar I realize.  They are too pricey for them to have appeared on my shopping list, but if you could have got a nice one, sub 70k miles for less than $20k they would have been on my shopping list.

STM317
STM317 UltraDork
10/28/19 9:06 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Agreed on the aesthetics. I just think the reason for the X6 and it's ilk to exist depends on your viewpoint. If you view them as an X5 with a less practical roofline (which it is), thenit's easy to question their existence. But if you view them as a lifted 5 series hatchback (which is pretty much is), then they seem more appealing. There are both better and worse options depending on one's needs and priorities, but performance handling rarely rates high on the priority scale for most people's daily driver compared to ease of ingress/egress or visibility.

And that's the whole reason CUVs are killing sedan sales, and why manufacturers are stamping out new CUV models as quickly as they can. As the new hybrid, PHEV, and full EV CUVs come to market the primary drawback of the bodystyle (poorer fuel economy than their sedan counterparts) is essentially erased, or made so negligible that the difference isn't really felt by the owner.

Anyway, the new Ford should be interesting. Looking forward to more details as they're released.

Duke
Duke MegaDork
10/28/19 9:20 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:

I think the BMW X6 is just about the best looking vehicle BMW have in production today.

And on the flip side, I think it's one of the worst-looking vehicles BMW has ever produced, along with the Mercedes GLC / GLE coupe.  But I recognize that tastes are subjective and I am apparently in the minority.

NickD
NickD PowerDork
10/28/19 9:22 a.m.

I remember when Ford first teased the Mach E name without much context, I was hoping it would be a Mustang, either with EcoBoost or maybe V8 gas power and then electric motors on the front axles, kind of like a front-engine NSX. Probably an unrealistic hope even then, but, man, that could of been cool. This thing, I dunno, styling has potential. I'll wait till we see the whole thing. And, wow, this thread went the direction I figured it would

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
10/28/19 9:51 a.m.

In reply to STM317 :

I do like most of the CUV's on the luxury market right now. I was deadly close to buying a CPO 2018 GLE last month. It wasn't the coupe but I liked driving it more than an E-class for sure! 

I understand it's a lifted 5 series, but it just isn't my cup of tea aesthetically. I love how the X5 and X7 looks though. I honestly think those are the most handsome current BMW's.

A CX-5 rental is what sold me on CUV's.

D2W
D2W HalfDork
10/28/19 10:06 a.m.

Image result for mustang inspired suv

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
10/28/19 10:06 a.m.

In reply to NickD :

It's no secret Ford has said hybrid, and I assume full electric, Mustangs will be coming.  Anyone who still thinks electrification is just a flash in the pan is being purposefully ignorant at this point.  

D2W
D2W HalfDork
10/28/19 10:08 a.m.

Raptor Mustang anyone?

I honestly like the idea. Too bad its looking like electric only. That would be awesome with a Coyote.

Error404
Error404 Reader
10/28/19 10:20 a.m.

Just because full electrification is coming doesn't mean I have to be excited for it. I realize plenty of people love it and can't wait but there's also plenty of people buying up those hideous CUVs. 

As for the subject of this thread, it's plainly not targeted at me. Those lifted thingamabobs are just driving pickups taller and the combo just means more unshielded LED lights aimed right at my eyeballs. 

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
10/28/19 10:25 a.m.

Yeah, I don't care about Electric Vehicles aside from a geek-like interest.

I don't watch 1320Videos turned up loud for no reason.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
11/7/19 4:18 p.m.
Kreb
Kreb UberDork
11/7/19 4:54 p.m.

While the profile is cool, the front brings to mind the term "mouth breather".

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
11/7/19 5:22 p.m.

Just another CUV, this time with Mustang tail lights.

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Reader
11/8/19 7:09 a.m.

Car and Driver seems to already have a picture of it?  Looks alright here, although I would agree about hitting it with the lowering stick.  And the front half looks a bit visually heavy, so to speak.

https://www.caranddriver.com/ford/mach-e

Ransom
Ransom UltimaDork
11/8/19 4:19 p.m.

In reply to infinitenexus :

From the article:

few legitimate details are known other than that it will indeed run purely on electricity and incorporate Mustang design cues such as the trademark three-bar taillights and fastback roofline

EDIT to add: So once again it's a render of something. There was the discussion about some leaked CAD files, so it may be a render based on legitimate guidance, but it's still just C&D leading an article on conjecture with a giant picture of not the actual vehicle.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
k8UDsyBSMUqMvmQWFWJEOCsRdNiGtE88dvUbcoBQDWBbgUWzs0UCTQ7J3iMHK2Sv