8 9 10 11
oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
8/28/11 9:17 p.m.

In reply to racerfink:

Racing incident..............

Hamilton was defending his line and waited a long, long, long time to take a line into the corner. Sooner or later, a driver has to change direction. Both failed to do that in a timely fashion.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/11/11 7:42 a.m.

Monza, what more can be said.

Vettel is just so far ahead after qualifying 1st for the 10th time

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/11/11 8:24 a.m.

How did Vettel pull that off on lap 5, Alonso must have been in shock

mike
mike Reader
9/11/11 3:26 p.m.

Wow, fun race to watch - lots of things going on. Vettel is looking really, really strong.

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
9/11/11 4:00 p.m.
mike wrote: Wow, fun race to watch - lots of things going on. Vettel is looking really, really strong.

Even with the hype, I almost think the Red Bull is underrated. That body sure makes some killer downforce.

And even though both McLaren's traded fastest laps, I just don't think it was all that real. That RB is amazing.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
9/11/11 4:14 p.m.

I was busy laughing at how frustrated Hamilton must have been to have Schumi defending 3rd like it was his last twinkie when alog comes Button and calmly drives by both of them.

I bet Hamilton's gasket just about blew when Button went around Michael on the outside of Ascari on the first try after he failed to get the job done for 8 laps in a row.

alfadriver
alfadriver SuperDork
9/11/11 4:18 p.m.

In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker:

Mikey didn't block Jensen like he made multiple moves on Lewis.

If than had been anyone else, there would have been a drive through. Mikey only got a stern talk by his boss, Ross. Lost a little more respect for Mike, today.

9/11/11 4:41 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker: Mikey didn't block Jensen like he made multiple moves on Lewis. If than had been anyone else, there would have been a drive through. Mikey only got a stern talk by his boss, Ross. Lost a little more respect for Mike, today.

Mikey was just trying desperately to hold on to a podium. I thought for the most part it was pretty good racing. The door was open on the outside of Ascari for lap after lap - Hamilton didn't press the outside - he tried to pull even before and then look inside. Mikey was clearly blocking once that I saw - and once is all it should take to get a drive thru. Hamilton was clearly not as comfortable as Button in the low downforce car. I think he just could not make the move. It isn't like him not to force a pass if he thinks he can. Maybe they missed the setup a little. Button just drove around the outside where Hami was twitching even mid-corner in Parabolica.

racerfink
racerfink Dork
9/11/11 4:50 p.m.

Low downforce? Even with the DRS open, as soon as he pulled out from behind Mikey, he lost speed. More than likely, Hamilton's McLaren was HORRIBLE on full tanks.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
9/11/11 6:34 p.m.

Any comments on the Webber - Massa mess.

I thought Mark was impatient and frustrated with his recent starts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djlVhFKdZ8w

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
9/11/11 7:08 p.m.
alfadriver wrote: In reply to wbjones: Yea, it's not as if Lewis was won a championship or anything. Oh, wait, he has. And if not had his team made a few bad calls, he would have 2. Not sure how that is not impressive, but maybe you have a different standard for him.

what I have is a lack of respect for those that act like something is owed them... his comment was "someone hit me"... he sounds as though he couldn't care less who's out there, if they're a "back marker" ( even if the 2 of them are actually racing for a position) they need to get out of his way...

and in reply to "racerfink".... if he had him passed cleanly ( with fresh sticky rubber) he would had no trouble "outracing" Koby to the corner without moving over... there wasn't any room on the left for Koby... and on the replays I saw Hamilton did move left ... no way Koby could have avoided without lifting... maybe he should have lifted ... after all Hamilton is a former champion

9/11/11 7:18 p.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Any comments on the Webber - Massa mess. I thought Mark was impatient and frustrated with his recent starts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djlVhFKdZ8w

I think he got too deep and the curb launched him into Massa. That one goes down as a racing incident for me although I would love to find some way to make it Massa's fault as I cannot stand that whiney little choke-artist

racerfink
racerfink Dork
9/11/11 8:11 p.m.
wbjones wrote:
alfadriver wrote: In reply to wbjones: Yea, it's not as if Lewis was won a championship or anything. Oh, wait, he has. And if not had his team made a few bad calls, he would have 2. Not sure how that is not impressive, but maybe you have a different standard for him.
what I have is a lack of respect for those that act like something is owed them... his comment was "someone hit me"... he sounds as though he couldn't care less who's out there, if they're a "back marker" ( even if the 2 of them are actually racing for a position) they need to get out of his way... and in reply to "racerfink".... if he had him passed cleanly ( with fresh sticky rubber) he would had no trouble "outracing" Koby to the corner without moving over... there wasn't any room on the left for Koby... and on the replays I saw Hamilton did move left ... no way Koby could have avoided without lifting... maybe he should have lifted ... after all Hamilton is a former champion

Now you're trying to start an argument. Koby tried to RE-PASS him on the outside by outbraking him, instead of just letting him go. Stupid move on Koby's part. Amazing how Hamilton gets held to a different standard than everybody else...

Everybody seems to like holding Shumi and Senna up on pedestals, when in truth, they were some of the dirtiest racers out there. I've never observed or heard of Hamilton crashing somebody just to win a championship.

9/11/11 8:28 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Koby tried to RE-PASS him on the outside by outbraking him, instead of just letting him go. Stupid move on Koby's part. Amazing how Hamilton gets held to a different standard than everybody else...

If you are talking about Spa... I think Koby was probably trying to occupy the space on the outside so that Lewis would have to over slow and take less than an ideal line thru the corner. I know I do that to people to give myself a better chance of retaking my position on exit... or atleast making a fight of it.

Regardless... Lewis is a wanker

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
9/11/11 9:26 p.m.
racerfink wrote: Everybody seems to like holding Shumi and Senna up on pedestals, when in truth, they were some of the dirtiest racers out there. I've never observed or heard of Hamilton crashing somebody just to win a championship.

I've never held either Schumacher or Senna to pedestal levels; regardless of their immense driving skills, their ruthlessness lowers their appeal.

As for Hamilton, he's still very young. He has many opportunities in his future to reach the level of S&S; I have faith he can do it.

oldsaw
oldsaw SuperDork
9/11/11 9:38 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
alfadriver wrote: In reply to Giant Purple Snorklewacker: Mikey didn't block Jensen like he made multiple moves on Lewis. If than had been anyone else, there would have been a drive through. Mikey only got a stern talk by his boss, Ross. Lost a little more respect for Mike, today.
Mikey was just trying desperately to hold on to a podium. I thought for the most part it was pretty good racing. The door was open on the outside of Ascari for lap after lap - Hamilton didn't press the outside - he tried to pull even before and then look inside. Mikey was clearly blocking once that I saw - and once is all it should take to get a drive thru. Hamilton was clearly not as comfortable as Button in the low downforce car. I think he just could not make the move. It isn't like him not to force a pass if he thinks he can. Maybe they missed the setup a little. Button just drove around the outside where Hami was twitching even mid-corner in Parabolica.

Button was driving his own pace and the Hamilton/Schumacher battle allowed him to catch them both. He also conserved his tires far better than they did so it was easy pickings. This was an example of patience and wisdom triumphing over the exuberant and stubborn.

Really liked Alonso's start, too. Ever better was Vettel setting-up his pass for the lead on the outside of Curva Grande. That move said volumes about the status of the car and driver; they're both awesome.

element6
element6 New Reader
9/12/11 9:01 a.m.

Schumacher actually did do a few 2 move blocks which, in the rules are not allowed. He somehow managed to get away with them. I think Hamilton would have passed him a lap or so earlier if he wasn't being such a cock.

Either way Vettel and RBR are untouchable again this season.

iceracer
iceracer SuperDork
9/12/11 9:31 a.m.

NASCAR and IRL drivers know how to handle blockers.

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
9/12/11 4:20 p.m.
Giant Purple Snorklewacker wrote:
racerfink wrote: Koby tried to RE-PASS him on the outside by outbraking him, instead of just letting him go. Stupid move on Koby's part. Amazing how Hamilton gets held to a different standard than everybody else...
If you are talking about Spa... I think Koby was probably trying to occupy the space on the outside so that Lewis would have to over slow and take less than an ideal line thru the corner. I know I do that to people to give myself a better chance of retaking my position on exit... or atleast making a fight of it. Regardless... Lewis is a wanker

that's exactly how I saw it... and Hamilton was having none of it... it looked to me like he tried to force his way in front of Koby and it didn't work.... with new tires it seems like all Hamilton had to do was slow enough to make the corner from a less than preferred line ... force Koby to stay wide and then drive away...

one other thing that those that haven't / don't race don't know is you have to know who you're trying to pass.... some would have given up and let him in ... the announcers have often mentioned how tough a pass Koby is... think Hamilton isn't aware of that ?

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/27/11 10:32 a.m.

Last race for 2012 and it all seems to be finishing much as it started, Red Bull has owned 2012.

Now for the silly season

Anybody else think Webber was repaid for following team orders earlier in the year?

wbjones
wbjones SuperDork
11/27/11 12:03 p.m.

listened to the interview with Hamilton after he exited the race.... with his gear box problems he said it was very frustrating to catch up ( and not be able to pass.... this is F1 .... ) in the twistys and then have them run away on the straights....

even though I'm not all that much of a Hamilton fan I surely do empathize with him in his frustration... the CRX doesn't have enough power to pass pretty much anyone on the straights ... though I can catch up in the twistys and under braking all day long.... then I get to watch those same cars drive away down the straights

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/29/11 7:17 p.m.

so...the Iceman cometh!

Kimi is back in 2012...and other news.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg SuperDork
11/29/11 10:39 p.m.

Ooooh, aaahhh, sweeet.

One more year of Mark Webber too top it off.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
11/30/11 5:21 a.m.
aussiesmg wrote: Ooooh, aaahhh, sweeet. One more year of Mark Webber too top it off.

At least one more year. Nobody is saying how long his contract extension was...

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson Dork
11/30/11 7:07 a.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
aussiesmg wrote: Ooooh, aaahhh, sweeet. One more year of Mark Webber too top it off.
At least one more year. Nobody is saying how long his contract extension was...

Most agree it's only one year (Thank imaginary guy in the sky of choice for that). After that one of the 10 million other Red Bull drivers will move up from Toro Rosso or GP2, GP3 etc. His days are numberd

8 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EkPViszFxnf5ndVemWSPSwOK1HM4KuczxzddnRjWhVJFdT14cRzTArCcjJh8y72R