97 98 99
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
12/16/21 10:13 p.m.

I don't think there's any chance of Lewis retiring before next year. Remember how upset he was when Rosberg beat him and immediately retired? Lewis desperately wanted to crush Rosberg in 2017 and the opportunity was taken away. Right now he's going to decompress for a while then he's going to come back next year more determined than ever to get that 8th WDC. If Mercedes has a decent car, Lewis is going to be competitive for the top spot

Jay_W
Jay_W SuperDork
12/16/21 10:51 p.m.

I rly bope they do get back on track. Cuz I agree, I don't think Lweis is quitting, and he is gonna put on a *clinic* next year.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
12/17/21 1:39 a.m.
MrFancypants said:

In reply to z31maniac :

I'm sure the army engineers it takes to design and build these cars could figure out a way to get more fuel into them if the idea were implemented.

Of course they would build the car to the rules. That wasn't the question.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
12/17/21 7:01 p.m.

Time for some good news about 2021 formula 1 season.

Williams manages to finish not last. Some points from real pace and some of it from luck.

Renault managed to win a race with an old refreshed chassis, I think it is basically a 2019 updated with add on bits every year since then. 

McLaren and Ferrari both managed to get up into the battles for the podium many times.

Kimi's true to his word departure of his hobby/job with almost no inkling of emotion. Bwaa just a fun job I can do. I prefer to teach my kids sports and chess now. 

Some exciting races and new tracks. 

intrepid
intrepid Reader
12/17/21 7:23 p.m.

This is an interesting interview with Juan Pablo Montoya talking about the F1 season in general and the Abu Dhabi race in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgqPlco9ais

-chris r,

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
12/17/21 8:37 p.m.

Sometimes good, sometimes fair podcast, but this one is interesting, and has a couple of points that I don't think we have touched on too much here.  Plus, Hinchcliff talking about semi-retirement at the start.

Hinch and Rossi talk F1 finale

ztnedman1
ztnedman1 Reader
12/18/21 7:40 a.m.

In reply to codrus (Forum Supporter) :

I would think some heavy hitters like Alonso, Vettel have exit clauses regarding going to a team like MB.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
12/18/21 10:54 a.m.

I think it would interesting to see if anyone would jump to MB for next year if Hamilton retired.

The new formula makes any team a best guess and the MB team has had a lot of good people leaving in the last two years. 

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/18/21 11:14 a.m.

They're still the only team that's won a constructor's championship since Yuki Tsunoda was 14 years old. That's more than just a few people, that's a culture.

I suspect driving for the modern Mercedes team would be a lot more appealing than wearing the red suit for a bunch of drivers.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
12/19/21 1:52 p.m.

Does anyone have an insight into Logan Sargeant? 

He was with Williams at the end of year test. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
12/19/21 3:35 p.m.
Advan046 said:

Does anyone have an insight into Logan Sargeant? 

He was with Williams at the end of year test. 

He's pretty good.  First year in f2 (only 3 races).  I believe he had a podium or 2 in f3..  He's American.  I imagine he will be contending for the f2 championship next year (if he has the funding).  I believe he was 2nd or 3rd in the f3 championship last year.  Came down to last few races iirc.  He finished 3rd at Macau last year.

He is a Williams academy driver.

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
12/21/21 2:15 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Thanks for the details on Logan. Somehow I knew completely nothing about him being linked to Williams. I probably read about it but it never stuck in my memory. 

Advan046
Advan046 UltraDork
12/21/21 2:18 p.m.

So my favorite race is tough this year. 

I liked watching Hamilton crush everyone the whole Brazil weekend.

I liked McLaren doing so well in Monza. 

I can't remember which race but one of them had lots of racing and passes. I am still watching the numerous recaps.

Maybe too many races this season. wink

97 98 99

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gWrfKZBxdYMn4Kn91qgSi2GjGiGPnfK2eqHW7502hYA0hpCoDWJkTPHxLnIyjDJj