1 2 3 4 5
Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/1/18 2:01 p.m.
z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/1/18 3:05 p.m.

Why the sigh? It says USA.

Oh wait, you're in Canada-land. Get a VPN and get it that way.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/1/18 3:13 p.m.

I swear that didn't say USA the first time I checked.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/1/18 3:16 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Yeah.  It wasn't there, or maybe I didn't look for USA, but United States.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
3/1/18 5:03 p.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
3/1/18 5:07 p.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
3/1/18 5:10 p.m.

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/1/18 5:13 p.m.
Streetwiseguy said:

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Yeah.  It wasn't there, or maybe I didn't look for USA, but United States.

Either way, a VPN solves the problem.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
3/1/18 5:15 p.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
3/1/18 5:20 p.m.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
3/1/18 5:28 p.m.

I think this is a great shot. Hard to believe there is a turbocharged V-6 engine and a gearbox behind that driver, and there's also some radiators and other assorted hardware under that bodywork. The teams have really shrunk these cars down to nothing.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/2/18 6:47 a.m.
z31maniac said:

It specifically says VPN will be blocked.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/2/18 6:48 a.m.
ncjay said:

Ugh, Rouge Cow used to have my favorite color schemes, but much as I love Aston being on their, it looks awful.  

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
3/2/18 7:23 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
z31maniac said:

"Formula One Management has confirmed which countries will be able to receive F1 TV Pro, its new live race streaming service, when it is launched.

F1 TV Pro will allow fans to watch the races live via the world feed or any of the 20 drivers’ onboard cameras plus other streams. It will include coverage of all F1 races plus practice sessions and qualifying, and support races including Formula Two, GP3 and the Porsche Supercup.

Another product, F1 TV Access, will be available to a larger number of countries. This product will not include live race streaming but will feature never-before-seen footage from past races, live race timing and video highlights from the race weekend."

Granted I didn't bother clicking a bunch of the other links but it doesn't say that here. And there are plenty of ways to get around blockers as well, just depends on how determined you are. 

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy UltimaDork
3/2/18 8:53 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
z31maniac said:

Wouldn't have mattered anyway.  I presume a VPN is some sort of criminal activity to get stuff, and I don't really do that stuff very much.

Hell, I even buy music CD's of artists I enjoy.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/2/18 9:05 a.m.

VPNs aren't necessarily criminal, they're a must-have if you're using a public network. Turns a party line into a private line. But they can let you spoof your location if you want to access something that's geo-locked.

About the Red Bull car - AFAIK that's a placeholder livery. They're just screwing around. It'll be shiny red and blue again. Of all the teams, they're the ones with the strongest digital design chops with the least understanding of what makes a distinctive and attractive livery at speed.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/2/18 10:50 a.m.
z31maniac said:

F1 TV Pro will allow fans to watch the races live via the world feed or any of the 20 drivers’ onboard cameras plus other streams. It will include coverage of all F1 races plus practice sessions and qualifying, and support races including Formula Two, GP3 and the Porsche Supercup.

Another product, F1 TV Access, will be available to a larger number of countries. This product will not include live race streaming but will feature never-before-seen footage from past races, live race timing and video highlights from the race weekend."

Granted I didn't bother clicking a bunch of the other links but it doesn't say that here. And there are plenty of ways to get around blockers as well, just depends on how determined you are. 

Right on the first page of the original link

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/2/18 10:53 a.m.
Keith Tanner said:

About the Red Bull car - AFAIK that's a placeholder livery. They're just screwing around. It'll be shiny red and blue again. Of all the teams, they're the ones with the strongest digital design chops with the least understanding of what makes a distinctive and attractive livery at speed.

I hope you're right, but the pink pigs have had a matt color scheme for a couple of years now.  They even hinted originally that it had an aero advantage.  With my often stated disdain for matte color schemes on cars of any type as a fad that should have been over before it started I've hated it since they launched it.  I just hope the Honey Badger moves to another team so I can happily hate the whole pink pig team and their (mighty talented and impressive) brat of a torpedo in Mad Mini Max.

adam525i
adam525i Reader
3/2/18 11:12 a.m.

That Red Bull livery was just a pre season tease and didn't even make it to the test in Barcelona this week, the cars look pretty similar to last year.

Testing action form the F1 YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfoNZDHitwjU_c8BKmIZVTS_04DfZdzsz

Adam

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/2/18 11:29 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson said:
Keith Tanner said:

I hope you're right, but the pink pigs have had a matt color scheme for a couple of years now.  They even hinted originally that it had an aero advantage.  With my often stated disdain for matte color schemes on cars of any type as a fad that should have been over before it started I've hated it since they launched it.  I just hope the Honey Badger moves to another team so I can happily hate the whole pink pig team and their (mighty talented and impressive) brat of a torpedo in Mad Mini Max.

I'm not cool enough to know who the pink pigs are. Do you mean Red Bull? Or Force India? Or Porsche? I'm assuming from your references to Honey Badger and Max that we're talking about Red Bull.

Matte, shiny, I don't care. The Red Bull liveries are a jumbled mess and have been for a long time. At least we have some separation between them and Torro Rosso now, although I have to admit I haven't figured out who "Alfa Romeo" is yet. F1 cars should have distinctive liveries, and ideally attractive ones. Martini and Williams know this. Mercedes does a pretty good job even with the handicap of a silver base. Renault and McLaren have it figured for this year, and of course the pink Force Indias really pop.

Standard Red Bull mess for 2018, it appears. Bland in the middle with confusion at the extremeties.

red_stapler
red_stapler Dork
3/2/18 11:32 a.m.

I’m pretty sure that Red Bull livery is just their camo scheme for testing like they usually do.

*missed Keith’s edit

kevlarcorolla
kevlarcorolla Dork
3/2/18 1:04 p.m.

Wait so a country like Haiti is approved for coverage but Canada isn't?.

Yeah that makes sense.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
3/2/18 1:06 p.m.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson MegaDork
3/2/18 1:15 p.m.
ncjay said:

I love the Martini livery.  Unfortunately I heard a rumor the other day that Williams will be losing it soon.

ncjay
ncjay SuperDork
3/2/18 1:18 p.m.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QqPytWUzqVhBT4w8nsLGmBc4YJelG8tgdK2O2ZMZKGA90YJLFvtmgG9weJ0KlbXO