T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
11/16/19 11:47 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Norris and Sainz are tied for which one has 'won' qualifying. They are an interesting pair. I thought it was interesting in a Will Buxton you tube video, where Sainz basically said it is easy to get along when at best they are racing each other for 7th and that if they had a more competitive car things would be a little more serious between them.

I'm rooting for Albon to get a podium before this season ends, but it's not something I would bet on happening. I wonder if he is destined to be a wingman and not a #1 driver. I suppose if he ever got to the point of challenging Max on track for position, Max would just crash him out. Albon has had good results, and seems to be an improvement over Gasly, but has he beaten any of the 5 cars that seem to always be ahead of him? (I mean where he beat them racing and they didn't retire or have some sort of issue. I think he has only beaten any of the 5 when they broke or crashed or had some issue.)

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/17/19 7:16 a.m.

One of the Skysports guys pointed out that Lewis was seven points shy of being an 8 time champion.  One blown engine against Nico, and one visit to a sand trap in Japan, I think.

I can understand why people don't like him, but Lord t'underin Jaysus, he is fast.

And has good taste in teams..

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/17/19 10:13 a.m.

In reply to Streetwiseguy :

If you ever have doubts that Lewis is one of if not the greatest Formula 1 driver of all time, just look at where he ranks on the Formula 1 drivers records Formula One Driver Records

06HHR
06HHR Dork
11/17/19 12:38 p.m.

What a race!

06HHR
06HHR Dork
11/17/19 12:39 p.m.

Did Mercedes just throw away a podium finish for Hamilton?

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
11/17/19 12:40 p.m.

My word, Vettel is a berkleying idiot.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork

Good example of why people hate Vettel.  Passing his team mate, and then driving into him.  Taking both of them out.

Vettel is an idiot.

06HHR
06HHR Dork
  1. And looks like Seb took out both Ferraris... (Edit- Captain Obvious strikes again..frown)
alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 12:41 p.m.
06HHR said:

Did Mercedes just throw away a podium finish for Hamilton?

Given it looks like the race will finish under the SC, it does look like it.  Odd.

And that would mean Red Bull/Honda 1-2-3.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy MegaDork
11/17/19 12:42 p.m.

Oh my goodness.  As far as Lewis coming in, what the hell.  Go for the win or stay home, I guess.  

Seb, Seb, Seb...

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 12:46 p.m.

Ohhhh, bad move Lewis.  Not cool.

Alex may have left the door open, but I'm not sure about that one.

06HHR
06HHR Dork
11/17/19 12:48 p.m.

WTF is happening!!!???  Looks like Honda got their E36M3 together..  What a finish..

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/17/19 12:48 p.m.

What a finish!

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 12:49 p.m.

Should have been Albon on the podium, too.  He had a good, strong race.  

The discussion over that one corner will be interesting- Alex left the door wide open, but not sure if you should stick it in or not.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
11/17/19 12:49 p.m.

Albion left the door wide open on a driver with better tires, and had an overlap before turn in.

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 12:50 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

What a finish!

All of that craziness driven by a Mercedes powertrain failure.  Really nuts.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
11/17/19 12:51 p.m.

Yeah, I don’t think Lewis had any choice but to go for it. Albion should have expected that given the situation. 

I have to say this looks like a really fun track to drive. 

Next race, we’ll have Bottas on a new (?) engine that only has to last one race. That could be exciting. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/17/19 12:51 p.m.

The BRAT takes it AWESOME!!!! ALBON was robbed.......c'mon Lewis frustration perhaps???

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 12:54 p.m.

Lewis is taking the blame for the move....  Interesting.  If he gets 5 seconds, McLaren gets the 3rd spot.

06HHR
06HHR Dork
11/17/19 12:54 p.m.

At the beginning of the season would anyone have thought a Honda engine would beat a Mercedes in a drag race?  Hammy admits he stuck is nose in a bit prematurely, wonder what the stewards will do.

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/17/19 12:57 p.m.

Was the Honda powertrain resurrection an internal effort or did they actually allow some outside influence from Red Bull?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
11/17/19 1:01 p.m.

I find it curious how the Honda and Ferrari engines have clearly picked up some power without changing the engines. Since the summer break, the Ferrari has gained horsepower and at the last couple of races, the Honda has done the same and all this without changing engine specification. I wonder if they are using new fuel or figured something out with the mapping? 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
11/17/19 1:03 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

I kinda think Red Bull is trimming out downforce for the speed- which is what you can do when you have one of the best aero packages out there.  And the end there- Hamilton did have some front wing damage to increase drag.

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/17/19 1:08 p.m.

Would it be possible for McLaren to consider Honda power in the future......say next season, or is that a failed marriage altogether? 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
11/17/19 1:12 p.m.

Seb needs to man up. LeClerc just looked like the more mature team player in the post race interviews.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iuGlpcY3veLV5aUb4amX4QG3KdauoUrrAQYUha1bJw5PY5aqjpHteICrHbhyxtVi