beansandrice
beansandrice New Reader
4/9/10 2:10 a.m.

Check out the on-track battle between a Mustang and a 350 Z on the new show The Forum Wars:

http://theforumwars.tv/

Martyr_of_Mayhem
Martyr_of_Mayhem New Reader
4/9/10 6:26 a.m.

Nice but I really think this is a case of better driver over better car.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey New Reader
4/9/10 8:02 a.m.

The Z guys are crying foul: yeah it was a completely unfair match up. I pretty much had to do it. since the producers where looking for a 350Z but no one stepped up. I actually was told I was doing this while i was at sema with some friends haha. the Mustang was pretty much race ready. it had Hoosier Race Tires, Carbon Tech Brake pads, Crown Lines, KW Suspension, (Springs shocks sway bars) car was already corner balanced and aligned, it of course had that fancy intake and Borla Exhaust. that's all i was able to see who knows if it was tuned, test pipes headers? idk sounded real mean. not only that but the driver of that car was Season Trained, and had allot more practice on the road course than we where even allowed.

on the other hand, I only had a couple other vendors help me out and its mainly because we have good friends that work there. but the the Z i was able to slap together in a couple days had

Megan Headers, and Testpipes Nismo Replica exhaust (don't even know what brand lol) Custom Intake made by yours truly my Friends over at west covina nissan let me have an Oil Burner Motor off a 2004, and a recall Transmission with a very fun 2nd gear. Stock VLSD Stock Brembos Some really worn Toyo tires (new tires did not come in like i was told i was getting if i would of known I would of at least bought some Falken RT615's or Kuhmo's ) Tokico Shocks Progress Springs and Swaybars

then my buddy over @ specialty Z managed to tune the car to make some sort of respectable power (the car's Cylinders 4 and 6 spark plugs are soaked in oil) I'm very surprised they where able to get 270whp out of a bucket **** motor that was in there.

from the second i got to see the mustang I knew i was going to get ****in owned. I drove the 350Z there, the friggin mustang got there in an enclosed trailer. and yes we HAD to talk smack on each other (that is why richard could not stop laughing) at the end of it all i did not take it as anything seriously because like the other members in here have said if it was a real representation of my350z.com or any other forum it would of been allot more organized, there would have to have been some voting going on, and Auditions. not to mention it was Richard's first time driving the Z, and didn't know a damn thing about it it was fun though.

if they do a rematch, i can say my 07 Can do allot better, as you guys will see in this coming event at willow springs. the silver car will be there too in the same condition it ran the TV event so you guys can see how we where staged.

unevolved
unevolved Reader
4/9/10 9:41 a.m.

That makes sense, I find it hard to take any TV-generated automotive competition seriously anymore. There's more than they show us, in the name of making a good show.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Marketing / Club Coordinator
4/9/10 11:09 a.m.

Rob Krider (The guy driving the Mustang) is a GRMer. His BRE-liveried Sentra SE-R was featured a while back.

scardeal
scardeal Reader
4/9/10 11:22 a.m.

I hate when it's mismatched like that. The Forza Motorsport challenge was similar; the cards were stacked in the domestics' favor.

laz
laz New Reader
4/9/10 11:53 a.m.

It seems like 2 seconds on the road course could've been had with better driving ... or maybe they just showed your sweet dorifto action into the cone to tell the story that way?

Matt B
Matt B Reader
4/9/10 12:56 p.m.

Worn Toyos of an ambiguous model vs. Hoosier race rubber? Sheesh.

I don't really care if the Z would have won, but at least put them on comparable rubber.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm kinda starting to like 'stangs. It would have been better if it wasn't a somewhat hollow victory.

Bubbabones
Bubbabones New Reader
4/9/10 3:00 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: The Z guys are crying foul: the Mustang was pretty much race ready. it had Hoosier Race Tires, Carbon Tech Brake pads, Crown Lines, KW Suspension, (Springs shocks sway bars) car was already corner balanced and aligned, it of course had that fancy intake and Borla Exhaust. that's all i was able to see who knows if it was tuned, test pipes header

Sounds like a little sour grapes...

The Shelby won fair and square. It probably wasn't a fair fight to start, as the Shelby is the ubercar in F-Stock and the 350 is not "the car" in it's class.

Similar rubber should have been the baseline, however isn't the whole point of the show to get the internet tough guys to put up or shut up?

Nice Job Shelby!

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
4/9/10 3:18 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: Rob Krider (The guy driving the Mustang) is a GRMer. His BRE-liveried Sentra SE-R was featured a while back.

I had thoughts of doing up my SE-R in BRE style, since it needs a paint job anyway. But since it's already been done, I don't want to look like a copycat.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy New Reader
4/9/10 4:26 p.m.

lame

oldsaw
oldsaw Dork
4/9/10 4:38 p.m.
Bubbabones wrote:
DaveEstey wrote: The Z guys are crying foul: the Mustang was pretty much race ready. it had Hoosier Race Tires, Carbon Tech Brake pads, Crown Lines, KW Suspension, (Springs shocks sway bars) car was already corner balanced and aligned, it of course had that fancy intake and Borla Exhaust. that's all i was able to see who knows if it was tuned, test pipes header
Sounds like a little sour grapes... The Shelby won fair and square. It probably wasn't a fair fight to start, as the Shelby is the ubercar in F-Stock and the 350 is not "the car" in it's class. Similar rubber should have been the baseline, however isn't the whole point of the show to get the internet tough guys to put up or shut up? Nice Job Shelby!

IDK, Bubba......... This episode of "reality" TV is just another example of marketing to the lowest common denominator.

If the Z-car deserved better tires and the drivers were less than equal, how did the Mustang win it "fair and square"?

HoosierTire
HoosierTire New Reader
4/9/10 5:35 p.m.
oldsaw wrote:
Bubbabones wrote:
Sounds like a little sour grapes... The Shelby won fair and square. It probably wasn't a fair fight to start, as the Shelby is the ubercar in F-Stock and the 350 is not "the car" in it's class. Similar rubber should have been the baseline, however isn't the whole point of the show to get the internet tough guys to put up or shut up? Nice Job Shelby!
IDK, Bubba......... This episode of "reality" TV is just another example of marketing to the lowest common denominator. If the Z-car deserved better tires and the drivers were less than equal, how did the Mustang win it "fair and square"?

Regarding the rubber. I know for a fact Krider did what any hardcare car racer would do....He hustled and went out on a limb. If he hadn't of asked, he wouldn't have had some assistance from Hoosier (stickers!). A 100% American tire for an American car. What tires were on the Z? Why didn't that company come through. I only mention it because Krider received his tires from Hoosier Tire West. Go to their website www.hoosiertirewest.com They have some good offers. If you order and mention this forum in the notes, they may give you some assistance.

Per Schroeder
Per Schroeder Technical Editor/Advertising Director
4/9/10 5:45 p.m.

Hoosier Tire West should advertise with us.

beansandrice
beansandrice New Reader
4/12/10 12:34 a.m.

I think the "theme" of the show was "Run what ya brung!" Sure Hoosiers for both sides would have helped the Z car, but they weren't on their forum talking about how great Hoosiers were for a Z, they were simply stating a 350 Z could crush a Mustang in a drag race and a road course event. So Mustang showed up ready to race... the Z simply showed up. Then the cameras rolled on www.theforumwars.tv and the rest is history.

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
4/12/10 6:04 a.m.

lame

and

reposted

Blitzed306
Blitzed306 New Reader
4/12/10 6:47 a.m.

The 350 driver was a goof, that is all

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners