BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/7/21 5:52 p.m.

Just pulled the calipers off the BRZ on the "good" (driver's) side. PA car, so unsurprisingly the calipers look like they've been stored at the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay for a few years. I'm not even considering rebuilding them, so the alternative is getting rebuilt ones. After checking who has what in stock, it looks like the choices are either a set of PowerStop coated calipers (red of course frown) or a set of DuraLast ones from AutoZone.

AutoZone has the advantage that I only have to drive to the next town over to pick up and return them and they seem to have the "Limited Lifetime Warranty" (although I'm not quite sure how good that is). The PowerStop calipers are slightly cheaper but of course I have to factor in the shipping cost.

What does the collective say? Does it even matter?

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/8/21 1:51 p.m.

Ended up ordering the Duralast calipers from Autozone. Free shipping and a 20% coupon may have had something to do with it.

Of course by the time I had confirmed the order, "order within the next 8h and get the part tomorrow" turned into "Pick delivery between Saturday and Wednesday". At least right now they're saying the parts should show up on Saturday.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A88ScTExtCNoouq26nGLGPTfMk3RsSUPWuvdF44Fn2W2I8PoJQyIqbYOnOfJeG8I