1 2 3
FlightService
FlightService Reader
3/18/11 9:12 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote: When I bought my Mustang GT in '05, the three finalist on my short list were it, the Cooper S, and the WRX Sport wag (non-STI). Similar cars? not exactly, but from a buyer's perspective they were the three best choices for my desires - fun, fast, under 30k. Although they are far different in available options, body layout, etc, they were close enough in spirit for me to thouroughly cross-shop them.

BINGO!!! A 2+2 RWD sporty coupe for under $30K, or $25K in this case. The original post was that the market they were in they would be fighting for the same customers even though they aren't "direct" competitors. (I say if you are fighting for the same customers you are in the same category, even if the manufactures like to chop the market in to sub sets of sub sets.)

I wouldn't put the Miata in the category due to it is a 2 seat convertible only. I would put the Miata, Solstice, Alfa Romeo Spider in the same class.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey HalfDork
3/18/11 9:18 p.m.
DILYSI Dave wrote: Odd. I've had a '98 and an '02 Subaru. Neither are luxury cars, but they also haven't had any nagging problems like that.

Same here. Had a 94, 98 and now a 2005. No weird lights at all, very easy to diagnose anything that's wrong.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
odLuLZcDDMVohwVFJjYWnITGR7wj47AZrI1PVj8E3OB5T2V1YXIPMAYfdcbm9hbi