ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
6/7/15 7:08 p.m.

Hi guys.. I just filled up the gas on my wife's '07 XC90 and somehow the fuel filler door won't lock itself even after I drive it for a few miles. I was able to manually push the rod from the passenger back side of the interior. Is it possible that the module pushing and pulling that small plastic rod is faulty? It can open the fuel filler door it just won't lock it. So that small plastic rod does pull back to allow the fuel filler door to open but it won't automatically lock the fuel filler door it that makes sense. Any idea or suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

novaderrik
novaderrik UltimaDork
6/7/15 8:16 p.m.

race cars don't have fuel filler doors.. make it like a race car.

Streetwiseguy
Streetwiseguy PowerDork
6/7/15 10:00 p.m.

It won't relock until you relock the doors, maybe. If it unlocks, the actuator and wiring are ok. Usually they won't unlock, because the wiring goes into the hatch and back out again, and the wires break.

ea_sport
ea_sport Reader
6/7/15 10:04 p.m.
Streetwiseguy wrote: It won't relock until you relock the doors, maybe. If it unlocks, the actuator and wiring are ok. Usually they won't unlock, because the wiring goes into the hatch and back out again, and the wires break.

It won't relock even after I relock the doors and drive a few miles. It usually relocked after I closed the fuel filler door. What puzzled me was that it'd unlock but not relock.

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
6/8/15 8:15 a.m.

So you're saying the rod is actuated by a servo instead of a cable & spring?

If so, it's possible the servo simply happened to fail in the unlocked position, in which case you should consider yourself lucky. See if there's a way to test the servo, first you need to make sure it doesn't take open/close commands over CANbus.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
nEPgrLCQBER6Ih73CBcWvVeATmvXnnb1pLklbg8owEWwRDPANAtZoqPtVqOMo0O3