Sponsored content presented by Deatschwerks.

One of the more intimidating processes in building a high-performance car is properly selecting the fuel system components. The temptation always exists to declare, “The best kill is overkill,” and just throw the biggest and gnarliest bits a…

Read the rest of the story

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
3/8/22 1:58 p.m.

I just think it's neat that if there's a problem you have about upgrading a car, there's a good chance it can be solved with math.

Bmsluite
Bmsluite New Reader
3/8/22 2:03 p.m.

At the very least take the injectors off and send them in for ultrasonic cleaning.  Most of us have older vehicles and the injectors are partially gunked up.  You might have 2 cylinders running at 80% efficiency, one at 100%, and the last at 60%.  This means you have a couple cylinders running lean and your engine computer is going to actually send extra fuel to the 100% cylinder and now it is running rich.  Now you have multiple cylinders running lean and one running rich.  This is where cleaning and/or flow matching helps.  You engine does not know indivdually which cylinders are getting what amount of fuel.  Only and overall amount.  Get them cleaned and your engine will run much smoother.  I know mine always do.

mr2peak
mr2peak Dork
3/9/22 7:20 a.m.

Size them for the turbos flow potential, not your own HP goals. That leaves room for boost creep, and makes it easier to turn up the wick later on..

lol do a follow-up on rotary injector sizing. Worse BSC, decreased injection window..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GwVNn4OKA0d1bkPk2gCIIYztupm2O3TGtZs4uNLgVuod9zwnWb9rZ1JDQ4QpDULI