1 2 3
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/26/22 7:47 a.m.

So, we all have cars we don't drive enough. Or, at least I assume i am not alone in this. 

So we (brother Dustin and I) instituted fun car Friday. Which, on nice Friday's we drive our toys instead of the daily. 

Today im taking out the duster. Real light workload today, and oakboro cruise night afterwards. 

Anyone else doing similar? Or Can we get more folks involved in fun car Friday? 

Edit for now mandatory photographs 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/26/22 8:04 a.m.

I work from home on Fridays but I'll take the coupe out to get lunch. Great idea!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
8/26/22 8:07 a.m.

I am going grocery shopping this morning 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/26/22 8:25 a.m.

I drive the fun car EVERY day.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
8/26/22 8:30 a.m.

The local drive in has a car show on Thursday  so that's my day, sorry 

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
8/26/22 8:41 a.m.

I drive a fun car daily, my only other working vehicle id a Tacoma. The rest don't run (well).

GhiaMonster
GhiaMonster Reader
8/26/22 8:47 a.m.

Taking mine to get inspected today, which should get a bit of a cruise in at lunchtime as well.  

Dirtydog (Forum Supporter)
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) Dork
8/26/22 9:17 a.m.

Nice idea.  Good way to end the work week, sort of like a blow off valve.  Then again, anytime you hop into your fun car, it's good for the car, and your soul.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
8/26/22 9:20 a.m.

Took the 986 out last night.  Taking the 128i to the track for the weekend...does that count?

johndej
johndej SuperDork
8/26/22 9:22 a.m.

Flipped a coin between taking the E30 or NA this morning. rolling the bimmer today.

Powar
Powar UltraDork
8/26/22 9:23 a.m.

I'm very much into this despite not driving every day any more. If I go somewhere today, I'll drive something interesting and snap a pic. Look at the most successful posts on the site: They're almost always photo-heavy. Let's do eet.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/26/22 9:23 a.m.

Chandler: exactly what we had planned with this idea!

Frenchy: ill accept Thursday from you. Especially since its a shindig night.

Patrick: probably time to rotate the fun car fleet. I tend to get hung up driving one, and the others get neglected for long periods of time. 

Bob and preach: lucky!

This thread is going to be EPIC. 

PICS PEOPLE!!!

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/26/22 9:24 a.m.

Ooh good idea. I drive the mr2 any chance I get but the 1970 f250 sits way more than it should. I should pull it out and wash it today. My 5 year old would love a drive in it I bet. Oh crap now that she's in a booster the lack of a shoulder belt is a problem. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/26/22 9:28 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

The focus changes though when I daily. I hyper-mile it to push 40mpg and less about handling and making the cool noises. Right now it's showing me 40.6mpg for this week

loaded up for my last track weekend. 

solfly
solfly Dork
8/26/22 9:51 a.m.

Where's your pics duster??

iansane
iansane Dork
8/26/22 9:57 a.m.

You guy have cars that aren't fun?

Dusterbd13-michael
8/26/22 10:26 a.m.

In reply to solfly :

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
8/26/22 10:55 a.m.

My fun car is one of my daily drivers, so it gets used a few times a week.

I guess I'm going to have to take it a step further and do some sort of event or unusual driving and post a picture of that, eventually.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
8/26/22 12:00 p.m.

I have been dailying the small block swapped BMW since about March, does that count?

Tony Sestito
Tony Sestito UltimaDork
8/26/22 12:09 p.m.

Since I did the engine swap, I've been driving my Dodge everywhere. It's been getting more road time than the daily driver! I took it to a press event a couple weeks back, which was fun. 

I was going to do a cruise night tonight with it, but our area is in for some nasty weather. 

solfly
solfly Dork
8/26/22 12:58 p.m.

Every day is fun car day.

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
8/26/22 1:11 p.m.

Yeah that's sort of an unspoken thing that happens in Southern California. There's definitely more cool and interesting stuff on the roads on Fridays.

While a bit of a tangent, I can be driving on the freeway with the window down, and start smelling raw gasoline and exhaust, and could win every time by saying "I'll bet  $20 that there's a classic American car about a quarter mile ahead of us." Say what you will about emissions controls, but they made an enormous difference in air quality. I'm old enough to remember days when it smelled like the neighbor was tarring his roof, the sulfur smell was that strong.

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
8/26/22 1:21 p.m.

I mostly ride my bicycle in the summer, but tonight when I get off it's 4.5 hours in my fun(only currently running) car to my best friend's wedding in Raleigh.

fatallightning
fatallightning HalfDork
8/26/22 1:29 p.m.

I took my motorcycle, does that count?

Dusterbd13-michael
8/26/22 2:21 p.m.

In reply to solfly :

Fair. But what about the gmt400? Even if you have a fun daily, friday should be the day for the other car 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fodPxDsrJ08lPPel8CctAZlDeqgOXT5t4T6N3s34MSL0I5ZP0zkhyN2iPPKe3imJ