1 2 3
Raze
Raze HalfDork
7/14/10 4:40 p.m.

You have to understand, my wife is the epitome of 'girly' so all this is made more funny in that vein...

1) I don't want a girly SUV, I want a Land Rover or I want an armored truck, but only if it has that huge grill thing on the front so I can push other cars out of my way. (this was a pretty proud moment for me)

2) You can't buy a Miata, you're not gay. (Sorry bout that one, not intending offense, every time I try and explain the merits of that car, that's her response, guess I'll have to buy a Fiat )

3) Why don't you sell your truck and buy a Lotus? (she says to someone who financed a Ranger but knows I burn to drive a fun car again...)

4) If I won a ...insert exotic car here... I'd sell it, and buy a Land Rover. (I think I'd sell it and keep the cash!)

5) If you get a convertible we can put hats, goggles and scarves on the poodles and go for rides! (yes dear, the only reason I bought and restored this classic is so the poodles could go for rides!)

6) Don't wash or wax my car, it's a lease, I'm throwing it away in a year anyway. (She leased it before we got married)

7) I wish I had a Jeep so I could take it up to NC and go on trails with other Jeeps. (I'm getting her a Jeep when her lease is up)

EDIT: she saw this and made me add the following:

8) You can have my garage space if we buy this house (said about the house we closed on last month, god I love my wife the Merkur is indeed in her spot)

9) Upon talking trucks with my cousin-in-law over some beers, I mention I want a Dually, he looks at my wife and asks her rather skeptically if she's approved of this plan to which she says yes! You should have seen the look on his face when he turned to his wife, it was like he was half crying, half pleading with her and he wined "If Jeff gets a Dually why can't I have a Dually?!"

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
7/14/10 4:47 p.m.

"I'm glad you are more faithful to me than you are your cars"

belteshazzar
belteshazzar SuperDork
7/14/10 4:50 p.m.

"this car smells like burning garbage" (1970 El Camino)

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/14/10 4:52 p.m.

"Why don't you get the ones you have the way you want them before you bring another one home?"

Silly girl. They'll never be exactly the way I want. By the time I get it like I used to want it, I want something else.

ReverendDexter
ReverendDexter Dork
7/14/10 5:04 p.m.
friedgreencorrado wrote: "Why don't you get the ones you have the way you want them before you bring another one home?"

I get this one, too.

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
7/14/10 5:08 p.m.

In reference to my 55 Chev. You remember that car, the one that looked like a (checker cab) taxi?

Why do all your cars sound like the muffler's broken?

speedblind
speedblind Reader
7/14/10 5:10 p.m.

"that's a piece of E36 M3"

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
7/14/10 5:13 p.m.

"Cars aren't baseball cards,you don't NEED the whole set"

Woody
Woody SuperDork
7/14/10 5:18 p.m.

Whenever I complain that I'm going to be late for something, my wife says, "You know, you do have a Porsche..."

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim Dork
7/14/10 5:19 p.m.

"I've got the AAA card on me in case we're taking your car".

Oops.

racerdave600
racerdave600 HalfDork
7/14/10 5:19 p.m.

"That car looks like I could fold it up and put it in the closet...you need a closet not a garage!" on the Fiat 600.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim Dork
7/14/10 5:20 p.m.
Mazdax605 wrote: "Cars aren't baseball cards,you don't NEED the whole set"

You don't? That's where I must've been going wrong all these years then...

zomby woof
zomby woof Dork
7/14/10 5:27 p.m.
racerdave600 wrote: "That car looks like I could fold it up and put it in the closet...you need a closet not a garage!" on the Fiat 600.

I get that too.

Why do you drive those little pretend cars, instead of a real car like everybody else?

kevinSC1
kevinSC1 New Reader
7/14/10 5:29 p.m.

" I swear you love that car more than you love me"

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/14/10 5:30 p.m.

I want a Shelby Cobra except in pink with white stripes.

TJ
TJ Dork
7/14/10 5:32 p.m.

"Why do always like big-head cars?"

Originally said about the Sprite I had in college, also has been applied to my Mini. Every time she shes a normal sized person driving in a little car (especially convertibles) where their heads appear over-sized because of the smaller scale of the car she thinks this.

I think my BMW is an acceptable size, but the gas smell gets to her. She loves the Miata - not real sure if that is a big head car or not.

Exige/Elises get this response from her as well as all sorts of old classics that I pine over.

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Reader
7/14/10 5:33 p.m.

"Drift this mother berkeleyer. . ."

tr8todd
tr8todd New Reader
7/14/10 5:43 p.m.

How many cars do you own that I don't know about?

unevolved
unevolved HalfDork
7/14/10 6:02 p.m.

You realize that's just a waste of money, right?

GI_Drewsifer
GI_Drewsifer Reader
7/14/10 6:15 p.m.
tr8todd wrote: How many cars do you own that I don't know about?

LOL!

"Why would you want to make the exhaust louder?"

because...uh...horsepower...freer breathing...oh just trust me it makes sense.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 HalfDork
7/14/10 6:28 p.m.
tr8todd wrote: How many cars do you own that I don't know about?

This is totally true I heard her say it. The funny thing is he had an answer,and it wasn't,none.

ArthurDent
ArthurDent Reader
7/14/10 7:28 p.m.

My wife remarked the other day that she'd like a European SUV - I said we have one - the Lada Niva - Russia is in Europe. Apparently she meant non-Russian, non-broken, new, European SUV.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
7/14/10 7:31 p.m.

"Can we plan a vacation that doesn't involve a car show, a car race or a car museum?"

• I cleaned it up a bit...
mtn
mtn SuperDork
7/14/10 7:54 p.m.

I just want a Solara!

I thought that was pretty fun. Then realized she was serious. Okay, thats doable.

Marty!
Marty! Dork
7/14/10 7:57 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: "Can we plan a vacation that doesn't involve a car show, a car race or a car museum?" * I cleaned it up a bit...

+1,000,000

I've gotten this one more than i can count.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EqYoAKH3S8bTcTgYNtGljQWeEE3UmOOx0BCMlVgwrS3vA7JguvMVRRTeyRrnoKYp