1 2 3 4
HappyJack
HappyJack Reader
7/14/10 7:59 p.m.

No, you don't need a bigger garage, or more space for cars. If we get a bigger place, you are like a fish, you will just grow to the size of your tank.

Lesley
Lesley SuperDork
7/14/10 8:19 p.m.

"berkeley me, sounds like my Harley!" – airline pilot I dated, upon hearing my truck fire up...

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
7/14/10 8:27 p.m.

"Why don't you get your truck running, first?" (Before starting ANOTHER project.)

fastmiata
fastmiata Reader
7/14/10 8:57 p.m.

You are not mature enough for that car: said when I got the GTO

You need to keep that personalized tag because I cant remember what you are driving this week

Raze
Raze HalfDork
7/14/10 9:17 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: "Can we plan a vacation that doesn't involve a car show, a car race or a car museum?" * I cleaned it up a bit...

My wife actually told me I could go to Europe and bring a vehicle home as long as she got a vacation out of it....

psychic_mechanic
psychic_mechanic Dork
7/14/10 9:19 p.m.

"I want a woody whacker (wood grained station wagon) with a diesel and that thing that makes this noise (a jake brake)"

I immediately start the gears turning in my head of a Vista Cruiser body on a mid 90's or newer full size Dodge diesel.

My response was "Do you want four wheel drive?"

Raze
Raze HalfDork
7/14/10 9:19 p.m.
RealMiniDriver wrote: "Why don't you get your Merkur running, first?" (Before starting ANOTHER project.)

Fixed for what she's said to me for the past year, goodnews is it's done!

gunner
gunner New Reader
7/14/10 9:30 p.m.

"If you let me buy this minivan, you can get whatever you want when you buy another car, as long as it seats at least 4."

this because I hate minivans. Well, she got it. (he he he...)

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks Reader
7/14/10 10:42 p.m.

me: "hey babe check this out, i found an awesome deal on a van"

her: "van? like a vw hippie van?? CAN WE PAINT FLOWERS ALL OVER IT!?!?"

me: "e350 with a navistar"

her: "oh. can we still paint flowers all over it??"

me: "hahahaha yeeessss baby"

DustoffDave
DustoffDave Reader
7/14/10 11:27 p.m.

"If you love that thing so much, how come you're always out in the garage swearing at it? You don't swear at me like that..."

"How can it be a better car if it costs $1000 less than what you sold the last one for?"

"There's no way I'm letting you buy a project car for our son now, he's only a year old. You'll have bought and sold 15 project cars for him by the time he's old enough to get his license."

Hasbro
Hasbro HalfDork
7/14/10 11:29 p.m.

"I think you love that car more than me".

She was correct.

calteg
calteg New Reader
7/14/10 11:52 p.m.

"you're joking right?" "you're not seriously going to buy that...?" "you have absolutely no reason to own a dually" "e46 m3...it's in our driveway"

-all regarding my cummins 12v

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado SuperDork
7/15/10 12:42 a.m.
grimmelshanks wrote: me: "hey babe check this out, i found an awesome deal on a van" her: "van? like a vw hippie van?? CAN WE PAINT FLOWERS ALL OVER IT!?!?" me: "e350 with a navistar" her: "oh. can we still paint flowers all over it??" me: "hahahaha yeeessss baby"

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
7/15/10 4:40 a.m.

"You know it's only 55 through here!!!"

"Yes Dear, the needle is off,"

"Not by 20"

"Yes dear."

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer SuperDork
7/15/10 4:50 a.m.

Her: "Why is there no interior?"

Me: "Because its a racecar!!"

Her: "No its not."

ddavidv
ddavidv SuperDork
7/15/10 5:13 a.m.

When I announced my essential need for a new Mustang in 2005-- "You're not muscle car material, honey."

About my '65 F100--"Don't restore it. The scratches and stuff give it character."

My Spec E30 race car--"Can you make my Forester sound like that?"

Almost daily on her commute--"Aauugh!!! Stupid cell phone women and their SUVs. Get the berkeley out of my way!!"

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
7/15/10 6:17 a.m.

The wife: "I dont know what happened - you have such good taste elsewhere...women, music etc...but when we get to cars you like 80s crapboxes? WTF!?! Why cant you just like muscle cars like every other guy out there"

...if only she knew

Don49
Don49 Reader
7/15/10 6:53 a.m.

"You have to make a choice, me or the race car!" Sometimes I still miss that woman.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
7/15/10 7:03 a.m.

"WTF is THAT?!?!?!"

(First day seeing the MX6, pointing at the exhaust.)

"That's the ermmm... 'exhaust.'"

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt Dork
7/15/10 7:31 a.m.

"I want a creepy van." (We ended up with a deal we couldn't pass up on a Suburban, but with its badly peeling paint, it's still a bit creepy.)

"Seeing you get into that car reminds me of The Incredibles, when Mr. Incredible is trying to drive that itty bitty car." (Said about my Triumph Spitfire.)

Raze
Raze HalfDork
7/15/10 7:47 a.m.
MadScientistMatt wrote: "Seeing you get into that car reminds me of The Incredibles, when Mr. Incredible is trying to drive that itty bitty car." (Said about my Triumph Spitfire.)

HAHAHAHA that's my favorite part of that movie.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden Reader
7/15/10 8:05 a.m.

Before leaving town in my car" Don't forget your tools"

racerdave600
racerdave600 HalfDork
7/15/10 8:07 a.m.

when I bought the 944 Turbo, my previous gf said "can you find me a really small ruler, we need to do some measuring"

of course after she drove it she talked about it for weeks, and kept mumbling something about how she needed one too!

Matt B
Matt B Reader
7/15/10 8:24 a.m.

My wife's friend, commenting on my wife's car: "Oh, it's supposed to sound like that? I thought it was broken . . ."

devilboy
devilboy New Reader
7/15/10 8:34 a.m.

My wife said my step-side pickup had hips.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U2NUj1sskfm5H5DvsED7JLCYnXbZ9RoahR1qoEphn4gqCr6X4PBCH6CtEhBcJJFp