1 2
mazdeuce
mazdeuce UltraDork
4/28/14 3:40 p.m.

If you want an excuse to sell your car, you can pick autocross and then go buy something "better", but your Mustang is almost certainly way more capable and enjoyable than you are giving it credit for.

mad_machine
mad_machine MegaDork
4/28/14 4:55 p.m.
ultraclyde wrote:
grunyon wrote: The only other thing I can really notice on this car that I am afraid I won't be able to get rid of is while I an cornering and hit a bump, the whole back end jumps a bit sideways.
Grow a big hairy pair and learn to drive a car that has a slight tendency to kill you. Learn to ignore the Bimmer fan-boi brainwashing about live axles. Bolt on a Watts link and some brembo take-offs and slay all takers.

Unless you are consistently driving on bumpy tracks.. the live axle is not a hindrance. IRS comes into it's own on bumpy roads and tracks as one wheel won't pick up camber (or lose it) when the other hits a hole or gets sent skyward.

I am a bimmer fan and I will admit that. A well thought out Stickaxle gives up very little to everything but an exceptional IRS

Raze
Raze UltraDork
4/28/14 8:14 p.m.

this had to get to page 2 for someone to mention a C5 Z06?

Mr_Clutch42
Mr_Clutch42 Reader
4/28/14 8:25 p.m.

You should look for a C5 Z06, base C5, C4, RX7, and a Z3. Test drive them all hard, and get the one that drives the best.

Choppa87
Choppa87 New Reader
4/28/14 8:29 p.m.
Raze wrote: this had to get to page 2 for someone to mention a C5 Z06?

I mentioned getting a corvette and calling it a day in my post :)

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XEemsD8VxeAu1MSmdbfKAyC6dYmwzm1seHowNWjcSV9QErgmB3FCxKjiJDFZ4dP4