Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
7/17/20 8:05 a.m.
feature_image

Despite not selling as hoped, Warren Mosler's Consulier GTP was, if nothing else, ambitious for its time.

In the not-so-distant past, we even had the opportunity to get to know Mosler.

Since that was before some Grassroots Motorsports staff members were even born, here's ou…

Read the rest of the story

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/17/20 10:18 a.m.

If only his bodywork design team didn't only consist of a bar of Ivory soap and a pen knife... wink

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
7/17/20 10:28 a.m.

That's the difference between an engineer and a designer.  He got some help with the Photon:

CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter)
CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/18/20 9:50 a.m.

I dig the Consulier, partly because it seems obvious that they just didn't care about what the thing looked like. Making it pretty wouldn't have made it faster so they just didn't bother.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
7/18/20 10:28 a.m.

I feel like the legacy lives on in things like the Gumpert Apollo but man I would love to get some seat time in a Mosler if somebody wants to trade cars with me for a few ours. 

Gumpert Apollo Sport posts 7:11.57 Nürburgring lap time

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie Reader
7/18/20 10:56 a.m.

This car is why companies like Bertone and Pininfarina exist.

M2Pilot
M2Pilot Dork
7/18/20 10:59 a.m.

I bought a raffle ticket for a Consulier years ago. Didn't win it but got a t-shirt.

MotorsportsGordon
MotorsportsGordon HalfDork
7/18/20 3:02 p.m.

Sort of like zora duntov it has been said he felt the purpose of the body was to keep rain off the engine etc.

ufmarkm (Forum Supporter)
ufmarkm (Forum Supporter) New Reader
7/19/20 6:54 p.m.

I remember GRM bringing several of them to an autocross way back when. My memory is vague, that was a few decades ago.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
7/19/20 8:48 p.m.

Wonderful cars to drive!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YfJ3MgA5zDeRkDLRPA8hUIb15Q4BKMmwUP6sKBjSFTzApl7qZ2on1ibYQQTWEVya