Get better, my friend. 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/29/21 6:47 p.m.

Preventative maintenance before mods

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
7/29/21 6:48 p.m.

Shoulda vaxxed is right.  Wonder how many of the rest of that group haven't.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
7/29/21 6:53 p.m.

I truly believe that watching his stuff helped me get through the tedium of the pandemic.

This sucks for a bunch of reasons. 

Javelin (Forum Supporter)
Javelin (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/29/21 7:02 p.m.

Oh that sucks big time. I would not have pegged him to be one not to get vaccinated. I hope he has a full recovery. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
7/29/21 7:29 p.m.

I was just thinking he hasn't posted a new video for a while...now I know why.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
7/29/21 8:19 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
7/29/21 8:25 p.m.

Can we please just wish the guy well and lay off the Vax discussions........the thread will just end up being locked. 

Get well soon Lucky.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/29/21 8:26 p.m.

In reply to Tom1200 :

Thank you. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
7/29/21 8:30 p.m.

I find that guy to be hilarious and an awesome mechanic.

Once he was using a sheet metal brake press then pretended to chop off a finger and was yelling "aaaaahhhh".  Cracked me up.  

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/29/21 8:41 p.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

I attempted to be as double entender without being direct as possible but I completely agree let's not make it into a conversation regarding anything other than anyone's health and hopeful recovery. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/29/21 9:46 p.m.

I met him on PowerTour in 2019.   I enjoy his shows and wish him a full and speedy recovery!

CrustyRedXpress
CrustyRedXpress HalfDork
7/29/21 10:02 p.m.

In reply to racerfink :

Getting vaxed dramatically lowers the odds of catching and dying from Covid. Period, full stop. It also helps protect your family, my family, and everybody else.

If you're trying to say that vaccines don't make a difference (i.e. that you'll catch it either way), then you're part of the problem. 

About 500 Americans died yesterday because they weren't vaccinated, and a lot more will have health problems for a very long time. Unless we get our E36 M3 in gear that number will only go up. 

Tom1200
Tom1200 SuperDork
7/29/21 10:17 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

Dear Lucky; Get well soon..........your friend Crusty.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
7/30/21 6:54 a.m.

"Let's all agree to not turn this into a vaccination discussion." "Agreed." "Also agreed." "Yes, good idea."

Crusty red: "hold my beer." 

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
7/30/21 7:10 a.m.

In fairness when the man published a photo captioned with #shouldavaxed he opened the discussion. I don't see anybody here wishing harm to him. 

On the other hand a few people in my life haven't been vaccinated for a variety of reasons only one of which is "zomg government conspiracy/I'm tougher than the sickness" nonsense. 

Live and let live but yes facts are facts

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
7/30/21 7:12 a.m.
Byrneon27 said:

In fairness when the man published a photo captioned with #shouldavaxed he opened the discussion. I don't see anybody here wishing harm to him. 

On the other hand a few people in my life haven't been vaccinated for a variety of reasons only one of which is "zomg government conspiracy/I'm tougher than the sickness" nonsense. 

Live and let live but yes facts are facts

He might have opened it, but it's been requested to not keep it going. Why do you feel the need to ignore those requests? Reading comprehension an issue for you?

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/30/21 7:15 a.m.

The original post has the hashtag #shouldavaxed right there, so I think discussion of it is valid. Also it alarms me the number of people are both opposite ends of the political spectrum who seem to be anti-vaccination. My wife used to be an anti-VAX her, but trust me we are all vaccinated here. And there is so much miss information out there that I don't have a problem talking about vaccinations here, even though I am a strong proponent of no politics. I'm not sure how vaccinations became such a hot topic for Covid. The statistics are there. The unvaccinated getting sick and dying faster. States in regions with the lowest vaccination rates have the highest percentage of new cases. You go to some places, like pelican parts forum, which a lot of Porsche enthusiasts from this forum probably also inhabit, the anti-VAX crowd is out of control. There is literally a thread over there suggesting that every person who got the Covid vaccination will be dead in two years and the only way to dispose of the bodies will be to pile them up and burn them in mass cremations. Yes, people believe this E36 M3.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
7/30/21 7:54 a.m.

In reply to Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) :

Again, what part of no is so tough?

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
7/30/21 8:22 a.m.

I don't see the need to avoid discussing the benefits of getting vaccinated. It's in Lucky's post. It's not politics, it's not arguing, it's safety in the garage. No different from telling people about the Harbor Freight jackstand recall or how it's a bad idea to open the radiator while your cooling system is under pressure.

Our business requires our audience to be 1. alive and 2. able to go to events. Vaccines provide the simplest way to achieve those goals. And if you'd like to spread vaccine misinformation, please choose another platform.

Lots of us on staff enjoyed watching Lucky's shows, and we all really hope he's back in the shop soon. Get well soon Lucky!

New York Nick
New York Nick Reader
7/30/21 8:30 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Mic drop

I think there is only 1 higher power at this website and I bet they are on the same page...

PS-I hope you recover quickly Lucky

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/30/21 8:51 a.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/30/21 8:56 a.m.

But as I said, it's not a political issue as there are people on both ends of the political spectrum who are anti vax.  This is a PSA.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
7/30/21 9:11 a.m.

I just want Lucky to get better.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
7/30/21 9:13 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

But as I said, it's not a political issue as there are people on both ends of the political spectrum who are anti vax.  This is a PSA.

Well, it SHOULDN'T be, but this is America in 2021.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
t7407hsDvU1JTvEOgAsMS6qN4Pd3lnTlwiSErRQrBnhnYWxsi1Y3LY6HtHUA0q0H