1 2 3
digdug18
digdug18 New Reader
12/2/08 3:45 p.m.

I have recieved only 3 of the 8 issues that I was susposed to recieve, I have called the office twice and emailed 3 times. I have spoken with different people each time I have called, but am having the same problem.

I get issues on a non regular basis, I call, they assure me that they have been sent, still no issues. I have followed up with the post office numerous times, and am still unsure where the problem is located. I've checked on here and seen that readers not getting issues is a regular theme on the boards. Altogether I recieve 8 different magazine subscriptions a year, yours is the only one that I have had a problem recieving.

So perhaps its the company that sends the issues out for GRM. I dunno, bottom line being that you(GRM) have just sent me a letter to re-up my subscription. I just wanted to let you know as to why I wont be doing so. Although if I see it on the newstand, I might buy a copy, or maybe I'll find a comfy chair inside Barnes & Noble and read it there.

Andrew

P71
P71 HalfDork
12/2/08 3:49 p.m.

Seriously? I've never missed an issue. Of my now 8 subscriptions (has been as high as 12) GRM is consistently the best at both coming on time and undamaged. I'd talk to your post man...

digdug18
digdug18 New Reader
12/2/08 3:51 p.m.

I have talked to the post man, as well as the post master, and regional post office managers, infact they changed the route so my road gets delivered earlier in the day as well, but still the same problem.

Andrew

Woody
Woody Dork
12/2/08 3:54 p.m.

Sounds like the mailman's got a Miata.

Keith
Keith SuperDork
12/2/08 3:54 p.m.

I get all three copies on time and reliably. I don't think the problem is at the GRM end, but I know they'll take care of you.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Associate Publisher
12/2/08 3:55 p.m.

Hi Andrew,

If you could provide me your information I can check on your subscription for you. There are only about a dozen of us here in the office and only three regularly handle subscription issues.

Please email me greg@grassrootsmotorsports.com

Sorry about the issues thus far. Generally if you call us and tell us you've missed an issue we will send you out a replacement. Any board reader who has called us with that complaint could attest to that. This costs at least $2.23 in postage plus the cost of the magazine and staff time. Any subscriber missing issues is certainly something we would not want to happen.

Thanks,

Greg

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/2/08 3:56 p.m.

I think it's almost certainly the company that sends it out. That's the US Postal Service. We are not happy, but have yet to find a substitute.

I'm beyond sorry that you're missing issues, and believe me, I understand your frustration completely. Please e-mail me a list of the issues you missed, and I'll get replacements mailed to you (if they didn't already arrange that when you called).

Margie

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/2/08 4:00 p.m.
Greg Voth wrote: Sorry about the issues thus far. Generally if you call us and tell us you've missed an issue we will send you out a replacement. Any board reader who has called us with that complaint could attest to that. This costs at least $2.23 in postage plus the cost of the magazine and staff time. Any subscriber missing issues is certainly something we would not want to happen.

They did for me. I was very pleased. I have a tiny mailbox at my apartment, and my mailcarrier decided they didn't feel like stuffing a magazine in.

The GRM staff was very helpful in sorting out an alternative (it is now sent to my girlfriends apartment) and replaced all the issues I'd missed. Great service.

It might help you to change the address you have it delivered to. Have it sent to local family, a friend, or significant other.

aircooled
aircooled Dork
12/2/08 4:02 p.m.

You might want to check to see if anyone enters a surplus mail truck in next years challenge...

minimac
minimac Dork
12/2/08 4:09 p.m.

Quit yer bitchin' or they'll send you back your money. Seriously though, I had a similar problem a while back. They (GRM) made sure I got each issue I should have and after notifying my local postmaster, it still comes a couple of days later than a lot of readers, but I haven't missed an issue since. Every business should be as consumer friendly.

Kramer
Kramer Reader
12/2/08 4:15 p.m.

I have two bathrooms in my house, but only one subscription. I'm thinking about calling whenever a new issue comes out and making up some story to get another copy.

wherethefmi2000
wherethefmi2000 Reader
12/2/08 4:33 p.m.

Every time I had an issue with delivery I got a T-shirt No really I did, and I wear them all the time, wait come to think of it I need a new T.... So.... I didn't get mine all this year either

Keith
Keith SuperDork
12/2/08 7:08 p.m.
Woody wrote: Sounds like the mailman's got a Miata.

If he doesn't yet, he will soon.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
12/2/08 7:38 p.m.

I had a subscription issue once, and ever since Margie has stuffed cookies or dollar bills into each issue. Great company.

kreb
kreb Dork
12/2/08 7:42 p.m.

Andrew - nothing personal, but this just doesn't sound right. The postal service almost never looses stuff going to me - I can't think of anything that I know for sure got lost by them, perhaps three or four maybies over 30 years....

And GRM has been flawless. Issues always get to me. Once they sent the wrong t-shirt, and they made up for it by sending an extra. For the price of three t-shirts, I got the three that I paid for, plus the three that were the wrong design, plus one extra for my troubles.

So I have to think that something's not right here. I don't know, but GRM, while not without flaws, has always been spot-on in my experience.

pete240z
pete240z HalfDork
12/2/08 8:25 p.m.

Dude, you are right, this is not a good magazine..........it is a GREAT magazine.

All the stuff sold at Barnes & Noble is designed to read standing at the rack. This is a magazine that is meant to be read over and over and to be used for reference material.

I regret not buying the datsun 510 issue with that Adam Man Show dude and I had to track it down later and purchase the back issue.

Give up another magazine instead. (I never see anybody complaining about not getting their issues?)

ignorant
ignorant SuperDork
12/2/08 8:31 p.m.

The grm staff is super customer focused. They will fix any problem they can.

mtn
mtn Dork
12/2/08 8:40 p.m.

+20934459503958393 to everything thats been said above.

Although, I seem to have not gotten them for the past 6 months, because I have been away at school and my Dad doesn't send them down... Then I come home to find out he's taken them to his office. I was not happy.

Duende
Duende Reader
12/2/08 9:33 p.m.

Just wanted to add my two cents, the GRM staff is great and their hard work doesn't go unappreciated.

Brust
Brust New Reader
12/2/08 10:42 p.m.

It's been said before, but what other magazine has one of the owners (the owner?) pop up on the message board to make it right? Stick with 'em, it's worth it.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro New Reader
12/3/08 1:04 a.m.

You could try other magazines.

I hear "Juggs" has decent content but I'm not sure if their subscription dept will replace missing copies.

Shawn

Feedyurhed
Feedyurhed Reader
12/3/08 1:10 a.m.
Keith wrote:
Woody wrote: Sounds like the mailman's got a Miata.
If he doesn't yet, he will soon.

Very likely and probably an E30 and a Volvo wagon too.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Reader
12/3/08 5:41 a.m.

Mine always seems to show up rather late, but I never complained-GRM is worth waiting for.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
12/3/08 7:08 a.m.
kreb wrote: Andrew - nothing personal, but this just doesn't sound right. The postal service almost never looses stuff going to me - I can't think of anything that I know for sure got lost by them, perhaps three or four maybies over 30 years.... So I have to think that something's not right here. I don't know, but GRM, while not without flaws, has always been spot-on in my experience.

Nah, sorry, but I don't doubt Andrew--there ARE delivery problems that the post office just doesn't address (no pun intended). I mean, c'mon... should we have to tell someone to try a different address because the mailman doesn't like stuffing magazines in their apartment box?

What I do doubt is when people say they've never missed any other mail or magazines. Sorry, but knowing what I know, it's unlikely.

So don't jump on this guy; I really, really do understand his frustration (oh, believe me there). We can try a different address, we can replace issues, and the post office will charge me for the missed deliveries and the resends and never even try to figure out where the missing mail goes.

But thanks for jumping to our defense, you guys--warms my heart on a cold day! You really make it worth dealing with the sucky USPS.

Margie

spitfirebill
spitfirebill HalfDork
12/3/08 7:19 a.m.

Well I don't think things are going to get any better with the USPS. Have you seen the deficit they are going to have this year?

I cannot believe the way the PO is run. Don't open till 8:30 and some close at 4:30. One nearby closes for lunch too. Its like they don't want people coming in for business.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7jqUyi6QC3bE9Pv8tZpEwKVdcalTem5THRKiduJG1XqT5gEEz96Nm5s07O4Kmkr0