1 2 3
dyintorace
dyintorace HalfDork
12/5/08 7:49 p.m.

Boy this guy is intent on pissing people off. Between the bitching about the subscription and ripping on the most popular car on the board, way to make friends and influence people.

  • Former owner of a Miata with a roll bar.
digdug18
digdug18 New Reader
12/7/08 8:34 a.m.

Did I ever post that I was trying to make friends on here? I'm just trying to get my subscription back on track, and recieve the issues that I have missed.

And yes, miata's are gay, especially if there is a roll bar involved.

internetautomart
internetautomart SuperDork
12/7/08 9:07 a.m.
digdug18 wrote: Did I ever post that I was trying to make friends on here? I'm just trying to get my subscription back on track, and recieve the issues that I have missed. And yes, miata's are gay, especially if there is a roll bar involved.

don't know about anyone else here, but I tend to respect ANY car out there.
Don't care whether it's a Yugo or a Forwowee. it's the owners that one has to question...

z31maniac
z31maniac HalfDork
12/7/08 10:59 a.m.

Serious homophobe.

Good luck with your subscription.

Helterskelter
Helterskelter Reader
12/7/08 5:19 p.m.

Yeah, this guy sounds like an shiny happy person. Nothing is gayer than taking your car to a racetrack (hence the need for the rollbar). Maybe he's mistaken this forum for www.douchebagmotorsports.com?

Luke
Luke Dork
12/7/08 5:32 p.m.
2.0dohc wrote: I guess I'm one of the few who still doesn't have the new one yet, the last one i got was the November one. maybe its time to say something

I'm with 2.0dohc, here. Haven't got the December issue yet. Although, that could have something to do with the whole, living in a different hemisphere, thing .

Josh
Josh Reader
12/7/08 6:31 p.m.

I say give him his back issues, but only after you replace all the subscription cards with flyers for gay nightclubs.

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter Online Editor
12/7/08 6:41 p.m.

Allright guys, play nice. Maybe he just hasn't seen the light. Yet.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua SuperDork
12/7/08 6:58 p.m.
Tim Baxter wrote: Allright guys, play nice. Maybe he just hasn't seen the light. Yet.

The miata with roll bar light? You know:

One of my dailys is a Miata, and yes it has a rollbar. I sure hope i'm not gay!

mtn
mtn Dork
12/7/08 7:12 p.m.
digdug18 wrote: Did I ever post that I was trying to make friends on here? I'm just trying to get my subscription back on track, and recieve the issues that I have missed. And yes, miata's are gay, especially if there is a roll bar involved.

Sweetie, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Dorsai
Dorsai New Reader
12/7/08 7:25 p.m.

What a tool.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro New Reader
12/7/08 9:29 p.m.

Paint the rollbar like a rainbow!

I think he's just here to stir up E36 M3

Probably mad at people for poking fun at "Donks"

Shawn

ArthurDent
ArthurDent New Reader
12/8/08 11:35 a.m.

I just have to say I missed a few issues due to an address change that didn't go through and the GRM crew sent me all the missing issues no questions asked at their (decently sized) expensive. Excellent magazine, excellent service.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/8/08 11:59 a.m.

Anyone who can't respect a Miata with a rollbar, has never driven, or probably been to, any autosports event.

I believe at every HPDE, after they give the passing rules to the newer folks and tell them they should lift to let people pass, they ALWAYS say, "When you see that Miata in your rearview mirror, it means he's faster than you."

Edit: Also notice how "gay" activities tend to get you more women, and "manly" activities tend to be rather homoerotic? For example: football - grunting while pressing yourself bodily against sweaty men, also involving butt pats and communal showers; dancing - holding attractive, athletic, coordinated, and frequently very flexible women against your body and demonstrating how well you can move your bodies in unison.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
12/8/08 12:01 p.m.
MrJoshua wrote: I sure hope i'm not gay!

If you have to ask you probably will not like the answer ;)

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
12/8/08 2:43 p.m.
MGAMGB wrote: I have to agree: Miatas are gay. So are Ferrari V12s and Porsche flat 12s, the smell of burned race gas and race tires, and perhaps gayest of all is Rebecca Romijn in X-Men...all very gay things.

I think you forgot berkeleying chicks. That is so gay.

16vCorey
16vCorey SuperDork
12/8/08 2:45 p.m.

By the way, I'm guessing that this is a joke profile created to stir E36 M3 up. This dude can't be real.

Jensenman
Jensenman SuperDork
12/8/08 2:57 p.m.
16vCorey wrote:
MGAMGB wrote: I have to agree: Miatas are gay. So are Ferrari V12s and Porsche flat 12s, the smell of burned race gas and race tires, and perhaps gayest of all is Rebecca Romijn in X-Men...all very gay things.
I think you forgot berkeleying chicks. That is so gay.

Oh well, guess I better come out of the closet 'cause I like all those things. I wonder if buying a Miata automatically puts you on Blueboy's mailing list?

Osterkraut
Osterkraut HalfDork
12/8/08 4:04 p.m.

OH HI GUYS, I HEAR YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT MIATI!

OR

Judging by their purchase history, the Gainesville Challengers are all man-loving yuppies.

New theme for $2009, gentlemen? Were do I go about getting me a light blue sweater-vest?

tuffburn
tuffburn New Reader
12/8/08 4:55 p.m.

not to go off subject, but i think the 240sx is similar in capabilities to the miata....... light, rwd, cheap, great suspension, reliable, tons of support and know how available, and easy to make fast. also a gay secretaries car. just like the miata. so all light rwd cars are gay. even the lotus exige. thats the queen of the queens when it come to gay cars.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
12/8/08 5:04 p.m.

I don't know if any/all Miata's are gay but my dad had a Suburban that would screw him every chance it got.

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/8/08 5:09 p.m.
tuffburn wrote: not to go off subject, but i think the 240sx is similar in capabilities to the miata....... light, rwd, cheap, great suspension, reliable, tons of support and know how available, and easy to make fast. also a gay secretaries car. just like the miata. so all light rwd cars are gay. even the lotus exige. thats the queen of the queens when it come to gay cars.

The 240sx just isn't as light and tossable. The stock engine wasn't designed for sporting either (low torque curve). They also don't seem to have weathered as well, and now suffer the Drift Tax.

It's not really gay though. The 240sx is a car for 65yo single men. Or maybe they're single because they're old ho-mo-sec-shuls.

Hmm... Miata, MR2, 240sx...

I don't know I think they're ssuper and just feel FABulous when I drive my Miata.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro New Reader
12/8/08 6:47 p.m.

Ever notice that it's always three guys, shoulder-to-shoulder in a pickup truck who yell "FAG" at one guy walking down the street, by himself.

Shawn

tuffburn
tuffburn New Reader
12/8/08 6:53 p.m.
Salanis wrote:
tuffburn wrote: not to go off subject, but i think the 240sx is similar in capabilities to the miata....... light, rwd, cheap, great suspension, reliable, tons of support and know how available, and easy to make fast. also a gay secretaries car. just like the miata. so all light rwd cars are gay. even the lotus exige. thats the queen of the queens when it come to gay cars.
The 240sx just isn't as light and tossable. The stock engine wasn't designed for sporting either (low torque curve). They also don't seem to have weathered as well, and now suffer the Drift Tax. It's not really gay though. The 240sx is a car for 65yo single men. Or maybe they're single because they're old ho-mo-sec-shuls. Hmm... Miata, MR2, 240sx... I don't know I think they're *ssuper* and just feel *FABulous* when I drive my Miata.

so if i'm to understand, miatas are for gay men. since i drive an awd wagon does that make me a lesbian? http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0410_sccp_subaru_wrx_wagon/index.html

Salanis
Salanis SuperDork
12/8/08 7:10 p.m.
Trans_Maro wrote: Ever notice that it's always three guys, shoulder-to-shoulder in a pickup truck who yell "FAG" at one guy walking down the street, by himself.

The one in the middle, aka "Bitch", needs to spread his legs so the driver can reach the stick.

1 2 3
Our Preferred Partners
rkSkzcwpS0LbmxfJ6A3DtKY0rrpZroo6WO85sDyjliAfXjgm3aUhOr2XqOfezZqV