1 2
edizzle89
edizzle89 HalfDork
7/22/15 7:23 a.m.

Well just got back to indiana, I ended up being out there over the weekend and finished up my work on monday. Saturday it was raining all day so i went out to hwy 2. It was a very nice drive, pretty light traffic and almost everyone i came up to would let me pass. since it was rainy and cloudy watching the clouds roll across the top of the mountains was awesome. unfortunately about half way across hwy 2 (heading from west to east) they had it closed, im guessing do to the fires that happened the day before over on 15, so i had to turn around and head back down.

On sunday since it wasnt raining I went to huntington beach so spend some time in the ocean. water was cold but still a good time.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! It made my trip that much better.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/24/16 11:27 p.m.

Bizzzump

Just drove ca18 in my rental 2016 rental v6. I was able to maintain the speed limit the whole way and had a grand time. The rim of the world highway is awesome. The camaro is pretty cool as well. I'd own one.

Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
5/24/16 11:50 p.m.

Excellent choice. I really liked looking down to the glittering valley below when driving up at night. Hope you didn't hit any fog.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
5/25/16 7:18 a.m.

In reply to Mitchell:

I cut the drive half way short due to fog. Not really interested in explaining the wreck the national rental car man.

OldGray320i
OldGray320i HalfDork
5/25/16 11:27 a.m.

Wow, I forgot about 18 - that's a great drive, but it is conducive to fog.

I do miss the mountain road drives...

Mitchell
Mitchell UberDork
5/25/16 10:18 p.m.

The fog can appear out of nowhere, and can be quite terrifying as the sun goes down. The relationship with other drivers becomes an elephant line, where everyone depends on the taillight in front to guide where to turn the wheel.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ySsD3e5tvwpl9YtjOU32kiKXHXl2s6ROcctU2tk3NAR3ODKGSnTV5jwjlfZd9MHc