CLynn85
CLynn85 Reader
12/31/12 5:53 p.m.

Anyone know the go-to place for Dakar Rally news and updates? I follow it on FB and Twitter but would like some good preliminary stuff and a better organized news source. Anyone else into following this epic race?

modernbeat
modernbeat Dork
12/31/12 7:59 p.m.

Go to the ADV Rider forum and join the rest of the deranged F5 crowd there. More coverage than you can keep up with, often sooner than most news sources have it. There are even forum members on the ground spectating, with support teams, and in the race that are all reporting back.

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
12/31/12 8:12 p.m.

Second on ADVRider. Its mostly bike stuff of course but everything gets coverage to some extent from those guys. Additionally, they'll have the info on where to find video and internet coverage.
I'm so excited for Dakar to start.

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
12/31/12 9:53 p.m.

What do they mean by F5 over there? I saw the torrent thread but don't know the secret codes

mazdeuce
mazdeuce HalfDork
1/1/13 9:34 a.m.

F5 is a page refresh shortcut on many(all?) internet browsers. When they're in the thick of it, its truly hard to keep up with the flow of information and discussion. They're all quite excited about Robby Gordon too so he's figuring big in the discussions.
The 5th can't come quickly enough.

jde
jde Reader
1/1/13 10:06 a.m.

Not quite answering the original question, but it looks like NBC Sports Network will be airing the highlights package overnight each night.

Jaynen
Jaynen HalfDork
1/1/13 10:51 a.m.

Cool I guessed at that F5 meaning but was not sure

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z3l6gyvxwXwOWOiXv4td93hKNYW6FCXPQ5lso3oMNKcUDaPlYKyMnrRCrMpbZOKT