1 2 3
DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk New Reader
11/23/09 6:53 p.m.

OK..... Since the answer to everything is "Miata", when will we see a project based around a flat-4 , 4 wheel drive Miata?

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
11/23/09 6:54 p.m.

Excellent.

JThw8
JThw8 SuperDork
11/23/09 7:07 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote:
Woody wrote: I propose a new monthly feature "Powered by Subaru".
Interesting idea.

I happen to know of one very odd soon to be Subaru powered project that would fit that scenario ;)

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
11/23/09 7:26 p.m.

Well this sucks. I saw many STi variations on foreign soil in my travels as a younger man, but Subaru only offered crappy GL wagons here. They waited until I was divorced and therefore penniless to release the STi in the states. That has been hard enough over the past few years, but now I have to see more of their awesomeness every month in GRM? NASA coverage wasn't enough torture for you?!?!? What's next, an acquisition of Hot Bisexual 20-Something Women that Would Sleep with You had You Not Remarried Journal? Jeez!

confuZion3
confuZion3 SuperDork
11/23/09 7:28 p.m.
Keith wrote: Thanks Ryan! I was just curious. More Subarus in GRM? I could live with that. Even if they do sound funny

Sound funny? They're the best-sounding front-mounted AWD flat-fours currently made in Japan!

Welcome to the board, Ryan.

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
11/23/09 7:44 p.m.

Yes definitely a powered by Subie regular forum. I'm trying to work out the logistics of a Subie engine in a middie position of a Locost. There's a company in Oz that makes a blanking plate for the rear.

Sultan
Sultan New Reader
11/23/09 7:59 p.m.

Thier offices are within walking distance from where I work. I take it that they are going under....maybe I should walk over and tell them how cool it was to pay $20 for three Miata magazines.......Maybe GRM should do more coveage on Miatas like put them on the cover or on the front of the calendar.....;-)

Or mabe they should only cover Miatas..

jpod999
jpod999 Reader
11/23/09 9:11 p.m.

The word Subie bugs me.

carguy123
carguy123 Dork
11/23/09 9:19 p.m.

E36 M3 bugs me

wheels777
wheels777 HalfDork
11/23/09 9:38 p.m.

Congratulations Tim, Margie and team. That's really exciting.

Welcome Subie regulars.

Wally
Wally SuperDork
11/23/09 10:07 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: Well this sucks. I saw many STi variations on foreign soil in my travels as a younger man, but Subaru only offered crappy GL wagons here. They waited until I was divorced and therefore penniless to release the STi in the states. That has been hard enough over the past few years, but now I have to see more of their awesomeness every month in GRM? NASA coverage wasn't enough torture for you?!?!? What's next, an acquisition of Hot Bisexual 20-Something Women that Would Sleep with You had You Not Remarried Journal? Jeez!

Thanks, do you know how hard it is to get ice cream through your nose?

P71
P71 SuperDork
11/23/09 10:31 p.m.

So does this mean they'll finally bother with a second issue of Rotary Speed?

I still don't understand how GRM bought SubieSport and the writers but they can still make Forever MX5 and Rotary Speed on their own??

I am looking forward to increased flat-4 coverage though

2002maniac
2002maniac Reader
11/23/09 10:45 p.m.

I wonder how many Subiesport subscribers also receive GRM?

PeterAK
PeterAK Dork
11/23/09 11:27 p.m.

With two Subarus in my garage this pleases me. However, how did I miss out on Subiesport? Didn't know about the publication before now.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
11/23/09 11:59 p.m.

I always saw them on the magazine rack at Borders. Maybe a regional thing?

rdouthit
rdouthit New Reader
11/24/09 12:07 a.m.

In reply to P71:

Yup. We were simply overextended. GRM bought one of our titles, not the company.

rdouthit
rdouthit New Reader
11/24/09 12:10 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed:

Subiesport had newsstand circ in US, Canada, Singapore and at the Hong Kong airport. Subscribers in 70 different countries. (though, a majority in the USA)

BeBop86
BeBop86
11/24/09 4:39 a.m.
2002maniac wrote: I wonder how many Subiesport subscribers also receive GRM?

Well... you can count me at 1 :)

As much as I don't like to admit it, I kinda saw this coming to SubieSport as the magazines kept getting smaller and smaller, until finally the last issue I have is about 10 pages and a DVD.

I've been a subscriber to GRM since only the last 4 issues this year, but what I've seen, I really like!

Good luck to MediaSpigot! Your dedicated Subaru magazine will be missed!

Raze
Raze Reader
11/24/09 12:14 p.m.

Tim,

I think it's time to create the Grassroots Motorsport Rally Challenge

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 SuperDork
11/24/09 12:17 p.m.
Raze wrote: Tim, I think it's time to create the Grassroots Motorsport Rally Challenge

Ohhh OOOOHHHH!!!!

THIS!!!!!11!1!one!1!!!!

M2Pilot
M2Pilot New Reader
11/24/09 4:57 p.m.
pinchvalve wrote: What's next, an acquisition of Hot Bisexual 20-Something Women that Would Sleep with You had You Not Remarried Journal? Jeez!

Put me down for a lifetime subscription.

dean1484
dean1484 Dork
11/24/09 5:10 p.m.
Wally wrote: Thanks, do you know how hard it is to get ice cream through your nose?

Or Sprite out of my keyboard.

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
11/24/09 9:41 p.m.

Here's another magazine Tim might want to buy for his empire. Looks like it is going up for sale.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091124/media_nm/us_playboy_4

ValuePack
ValuePack HalfDork
11/25/09 5:00 a.m.
dean1484 wrote:
Wally wrote: Thanks, do you know how hard it is to get ice cream through your nose?
Or Sprite out of my keyboard.

Dry roasted peanuts wicked hurt.

Poor Subiesport. A bit of neat content, but not all that well excecuted. I subscribed the first year, but let the subscription lapse without remorse. Iffy writing, and the mag was certainly not aimed at people like myself who remember the cars before the WRX arrived. Nice to see GRM picking this up.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury Dork
11/25/09 6:17 a.m.

zomg I can haz a MaG with more horizontally opposed goodnezz?!!1!!?/?

woot!!!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1tuPCaivHiJFMy5Q7yPka1m3lHd1xBZ59OoIBv7VrMMC3g0od0YHmg8orpSjvYNq