Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/24/22 5:18 p.m.

Not sure if this is a great idea or not.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/24/22 5:26 p.m.

That looks like an Eaton M62?  After googling some pictures, maybe a version of an M90..

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
10/24/22 5:44 p.m.

You'd have to spin that pretty fast to make any meaningful boost on an LS at high rpm.

Possible? Yes.

Efficient? No.

Nockenwelle
Nockenwelle New Reader
10/24/22 6:12 p.m.

Especially with the already-slipping single 6-rib belt leaving 1/4 of the pulley hanging in the breeze.

Blowers are cool, always will be. Cooler if you can rock one on a budget. But I smell some serious mismatch here.

Dude (Dudette?) has enough fab chops to weld that all together and collected enough aluminum scraps/pieces to do so, but spray-bombed what I presume is a 5.3 straight from Joe Dirt's Silverado. He then used what looks like a 5/16 rubber fuel line to single-feed the carb. I'll take stabbing by screwdriver before committing that sort of fuel delivery/fire hazard blasphemy.

He knows to use a good belt, but not the right belt.

The throttle setup is straight death-trap, single return spring included. Carb does not display indications of sharp tuning.

Headers look like expensive ones. Header wrap is smart and well-done, but kills headers.

Temp sender has thread sealer on it. No.

It appears more total time/effort was expended here that just picking up the right blower to make real power...

I'd love to instigate an acceleration contest with this one.

Kreb (Forum Supporter)
Kreb (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
10/24/22 6:45 p.m.

ASSuming that's a M90, I don't know if it's going to do any more than preheat the air. Shame, because the workmanship looks pretty good. Different story if that's a Whipple, but that looks too small.

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
10/24/22 9:11 p.m.

I've seen such situations before, where someone has awesome fabrication skills, but poor design/engineering skills, and sometimes mistakes one for both.

GTwannaB
GTwannaB Dork
10/24/22 9:18 p.m.

Is this was at the challenge he would be lauded with kudos and wreaths. 

kb58
kb58 UltraDork
10/24/22 9:47 p.m.
GTwannaB said:

Is this was at the challenge he would be lauded with kudos and wreaths. 

It's forum mob mentality. If the builder comes on here and explains, suddenly we'll be understanding and supportive...

earlybroncoguy1
earlybroncoguy1 Reader
10/25/22 10:01 a.m.

In reply to kb58 :

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. 

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/25/22 10:08 a.m.

If it was an m112 and they were running a massive pulley, it could work. I consider that it's a project that's merely in proof of concept stage as M62s and M90s are much easier to find than m112s. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
obpRh0jii9fHFhHftWryeBvovil2s9nw0jR507BFG1M7GN483sifX83uDEB7wpJ8