dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/31/22 9:40 p.m.

I need to get a parts car from Topeka, Kansas to Maryland. Car is a roller and can be pushed on a trailer, but needs to get off the mechanic's lot by the end of June. Anyone headed this direction, would love to put gas money in your pocket than pay a shipper 4 times what I paid for the car. I can probably make your ride here free verse the estimated shipping costs I am getting right now.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
5/31/22 9:41 p.m.

This is the car I am purchasing that needs transport

nocones
nocones PowerDork
5/31/22 9:50 p.m.

I am unfortunately of no help as my trip from Central IL to Boston is this Thursday.

But Build thread link where???

dherr (Forum Supporter)
5/31/22 10:00 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

I bought the white car that was listed here last summer  https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/montecarlo-but-not-the-personal-luxury-or-nascar-variety/191349/page1/

Will be a while to I get it it as there are several projects ahead of it, but this blue car is too cheap not to buy and use for parts or perhaps for it can be restored, they are not making any more of these!

Bummer on the trip east, it could be picked up immediately as he is anxious to move it. End of June is when he needs it gone

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/31/22 11:07 p.m.

First let me say that pushing a car on a trailer never works out IRL as well as it sounds.

But ... I see a K1500 in the picture.

Buy both? 

Pay for a Uhaul trailer?

Flip the K1500 afterwards?

I might have a few days available mid June.  Convince me that I want to do a crazy fly and drive?

dherr (Forum Supporter)
5/31/22 11:26 p.m.

I may also be flying out there on business next month, so considering doing that as well, but by the time you rent a uhaul, it almost just makes sense to pay a shipper. Was hoping I might get lucky and find someone headed my way, but that was a long shot for sure :-)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5GCCx7tabQGj4suanzJjlQ37g5kkDxDkHBP8BW80vxTF3HcImPhG5TU8CzhoQ5zK