AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
8/10/21 1:18 p.m.

I've been searching far and wide for a replacement rear seat back for my wife's Mini. I finally found someone who is willing to sell just the seat back. He's in Raleigh and would rather not ship. 

Bummer is I was driving through NC just last weekend. 

Anyone coming through the area headed north that can grab it?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/10/21 1:29 p.m.

I would stat with getting a Raleigh GRMer to take possession of the seat so the seller doesn't sell to someone else. 

Then maybe the Raleigh GRMer can hold, or ship, or hand off to passing GRMer, etc. 

But, first secure the item. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/10/21 1:52 p.m.

Brett Murphy is our Raleigh guy. Eastcoastmojo is up there too, but shes scarce around here these days. 

I THINK dedsled is still buying a car in Charlotte and heading back to Cleveland. May want to check with him and see if he can grab it and put it in the car.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/10/21 2:05 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Deadsled is doing a fly and drive from Orlando to Cleveland.  That would put him passing through Charlotte but not quite Raleigh (probably 2 hours out of his way.)  I'm not sure when he's going.  Probably soon. 

I sent him a text.  

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/10/21 2:11 p.m.

I believe I will be going to NC in the nearish  future also. No guarantees on the amount of space on the return but a mini seat should fit

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
8/10/21 2:56 p.m.
chandler said:

I believe I will be going to NC in the nearish  future also. No guarantees on the amount of space on the return but a mini seat should fit

I mean, you would be the fitting choice to grab a seat for the car you grabbed...

I'll check with Deadsled too but, yeah, Raleigh is a bit out of the way especially when added to a FL -> OH trip. 

Dusterbd13-michael
8/10/21 3:00 p.m.

If we can get it to me, ill get it to dedsled or Chandler to come north. I have parts for Patrick hes picking up from me in Charlotte area already. 

Or Chandler can meet up with me. 

I just don't have the time to get to Raleigh in the next couple weeks.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
8/10/21 3:12 p.m.
chandler said:

I'm aiming for Labor Day weekend on that project.  Tried to move the dead BMW 2002 out of the way but found out my wench is a gonner.  Hope to move it by this weekend then it should be smoother going.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
8/10/21 11:21 p.m.

Sorry for the delay guys, my day didn't go exactly as planned today.  I'm almost to Charlotte but Rayleigh is a bit out of my way, especially at 1 am, with a car I'll be happy if it makes it the rest of the way home.   

Sorry Andrew.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
8/11/21 5:52 a.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

It's a Cadillac.  Of course it'll make it all the way home and in style.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/11/21 6:16 a.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

Still getting together for Patrick parts and lunch,  or you just trying to get home?

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
8/11/21 7:59 a.m.
Dead_Sled said:

Sorry for the delay guys, my day didn't go exactly as planned today.  I'm almost to Charlotte but Rayleigh is a bit out of my way, especially at 1 am, with a car I'll be happy if it makes it the rest of the way home.   

Sorry Andrew.

No problem man, hope the trip gets more smooth for you. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
8/11/21 8:00 a.m.

Double post

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
8/11/21 10:44 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Unfortunately not this trip, I ended up driving by you around 2 am last night.  Almost home now, dodging lightening strikes and deep water. 

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
8/11/21 10:45 a.m.

Double post

Dusterbd13-michael
8/11/21 11:24 a.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/11/21 11:24 a.m.

I see you posted dedsled, but cannot seeit

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
8/11/21 12:02 p.m.

Bump, looks like my posts above eventually worked.  

Unfortunately, the car required some sorting after got it, so the rest of the trip became a bit of a banzai run to get home.

Dusterbd13-michael
8/11/21 12:15 p.m.

No worries! There will be other opportunities to get the stuff up to him

wake74
wake74 Reader
8/11/21 8:43 p.m.

Oddly enough, I'm in the final negotiation stage on a race car in Cinci, so I'd be making that trip from Raleigh to Cinci in the next week or two, if we get to final terms (we are close).  I'm assuming it'll fit in a 20' trailer?  :-)

It's going to be a long 2 day slog up and back, so not looking to drive all over Cinci to deliver it with the trailer attached, but will likely be crashing at a hotel in Cinci for one night, if you want to meet me there.

Shoot me a PM, and we'll see if we can work out the details.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
8/12/21 8:01 a.m.
wake74 said:

Oddly enough, I'm in the final negotiation stage on a race car in Cinci, so I'd be making that trip from Raleigh to Cinci in the next week or two, if we get to final terms (we are close).  I'm assuming it'll fit in a 20' trailer?  :-)

It's going to be a long 2 day slog up and back, so not looking to drive all over Cinci to deliver it with the trailer attached, but will likely be crashing at a hotel in Cinci for one night, if you want to meet me there.

Shoot me a PM, and we'll see if we can work out the details.

I'll send you a PM, thanks!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
8/12/21 8:01 a.m.

In reply to wheels777 :

Much appreciated, thanks. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Q7rKHEp2JBeutieaDdMFp83Rw2LRYosfFqz4tv9KfsO588dejLk8Kr71R4hXMeF