mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
11/18/21 5:57 p.m.

I know it is a long shot, but I figured I would throw it out there with holiday travels coming up. I have my eye on a minty fresh OEM exhaust for my 1990 1.6L Miata located in Davenport Iowa. I'm currently located in Eastern PA and have family throughout PA.

The drone and volume to the Racing Beat exhaust on my Miata has been driving me nuts for some time and after spending a couple hours in the car today I have decided it needs to go. I have called a few local shops, but haven't found any willing to repack the muffler. The tone of my stock exhaust on my last NA was a real pleasure in comparison! Thank you

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/18/21 6:16 p.m.

I'll be going through Davenport next week. I won't be going much further east than Indy but I can maybe find room for it and get it further east if somebody can meet me and pass it on.

gumby
gumby Dork
11/18/21 9:46 p.m.

It can sit here in Indy. I don't have any travel plans into OH, but maybe someone is coming thru at PRI who could move it along?

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/18/21 9:47 p.m.

In reply to mxandcx5 :

I have a spare OE 93 cat-back with under 100k on it, but I'm in MS so probably not any easier to get it to you. 

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
11/19/21 6:06 a.m.

Thank you, Indianapolis would be a good deal closer. Just have to find someone driving through Ohio. Thanks for the offer Pete, but I think you are right.

I've been waiting to install my v1.0 frame rails w/butterfly brace until I'm happy with the exhaust, and waiting to install LE carpet until I'm installing the frame rails- so it could be a productive off-season.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/19/21 6:41 p.m.

Feel free to send me a PM to work out details if you want. They usually work pretty well for me.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/20/21 8:00 a.m.

I dont get to Indy often anymore but I come into PA a few times a month from NW Ohio.

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
11/20/21 8:30 a.m.

Daylan: PM sent! That would be great. 

Thanks Chandler, Just need to find someone to take it from Indy to NW Ohio then. Keep you all posted!

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/20/21 11:32 a.m.

In reply to mxandcx5 :

Didn't see anything. Something may have changed since last time I tried that. You can email me directly at daylan(dot)chapman(at)live(dot)com

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
11/21/21 8:00 a.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

Done! Thanks

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/21/21 4:52 p.m.

My parents are visiting me from Davenport for thanksgiving if we can move that quickly?

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
11/21/21 7:50 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Chandler PM sent. I sent the seller a message earlier in the day and still waiting to hear back. He has been responsive within a day or two. His direct email is brg91mazdamiata (at) yahoo (dot) com. Thanks!

gumby
gumby Dork
11/21/21 9:34 p.m.

Chandler, cutting out all the middle men!

mxandcx5
mxandcx5 New Reader
11/22/21 5:11 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

You and your parents are true champs! Sent you another PM with the seller's contact info and my own. I was in disbelief when I read that you have family making that trip. What a miraculous forum this is

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
11/22/21 6:04 p.m.
gumby said:

Chandler, cutting out all the middle men!

I was looking forward to being annoying and dumping somebody else's random crap on you. Not gonna be upset about not having to make an extra stop on my way out of Iowa though.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/23/21 7:59 a.m.

Haven't been on in a couple days; driving! I don't actually get pms from here so you can text me 567 20ate 9186

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rO0VQlMMJnJvZlLhwrh7okApz8WS6zjWil3kRwHguVqrDxVAh28avjKcUnsbHAWs