Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/28/09 10:23 p.m.

I am about to drag yet another car home. Yes, I think I have found a decent Edsel wagon. Hey, you people stop laughing at me! The TR-6 and the Corvair are also almost done and Margie now has her beloved E28 up and running.

Therefore, I am with great regret going to sell our 240Z project car. Yes, the yellow one we have written so much about. I don't have any more room in the garage and I just don't drive this car.

As all the articles will tell you (available elsewhere on our site) the car has all been gone through, still has mostly original paint and less than 85,000 original miles. It is an early (March 1970) car, and is something like number 2450 of all Z cars made.

The interior is all new, as is the chrome and fiddly bits. I put a decent modern radio in the car recently and it has BRE style wheels, a five-speed conversion and a Nissan Comp LSD. The engine is fresh and strong and dynoed at 267 hp. It is a 240 head and block. It is not the original block, but the original block (now cracked) also comes with the car.

The car has mild suspension mods with all the best stuff like Koni shocks. It is all set up and has been track tested many times.

I have an early A/C set up that can be bought with the car or separately for $600. I am selling the car for $12,000 OBO. Just call the office or email me. No private messages please as they are a pain to chase down. Do hurry, as I will most likely change my mind yet again and just keep this awesome car forever.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/28/09 10:24 p.m.

Sorry, made a typo, that's 167 hp at the wheels, not 267. See, I told you I had too many cars, as I can't even remember what the power is on this one.

cwh
cwh SuperDork
10/28/09 10:29 p.m.

Well, with only that piddly amount of power, I'll only give you 500.00. Seriously, that is my all-time favorite car. Truly wish I could swing it.

Jeff
Jeff Dork
10/28/09 10:40 p.m.

Hey buddy, what do you think you're doing? This isn't the proper place for a car ad. Do you think you're the owner?

CANOE, CANOE, CANOE, CANOE!!!!!!!!

It's been a long day Keep the car Tim, you'll hate yourself if you sell it.

Appleseed
Appleseed Dork
10/28/09 10:59 p.m.

I was like 267? Daaayum!

If you do sell it, keep the buyer's number and stipulate first crack at buying it back.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
10/29/09 7:11 a.m.

Will you take $2010?

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
10/29/09 7:14 a.m.

PM's on the new forum ARE e-mails. Didn't Bax give you the run down?

pete240z
pete240z Dork
10/29/09 7:16 a.m.

Will you accept one of those checks that come with my credit card statement?

pete240z
pete240z Dork
10/29/09 7:17 a.m.

is there a way I can work the $12,000 off?

cwh
cwh SuperDork
10/29/09 8:37 a.m.

Hey, if you need a killer camera system for the office, we got a deal!!

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
10/29/09 10:36 a.m.

I was in hopes of doing better than $2010. I am sure I can get $12,000, and then some on eBay, but we generally try to offer project cars to readers first, as we feel you guys helped pay for them.

And no, I didn't know we finally got rid of that horrible PM system. That's either a sign that I am an idiot, or a genius at delegation.

njansenv
njansenv Reader
10/29/09 10:47 a.m.

I REALLY REALLY want this car.

Badly enough that I just called my wife at work to tell her about "Tim's 240 being for sale".

Is it bad that she knew exactly what car I was talking about?

pete240z
pete240z Dork
10/29/09 12:10 p.m.

This is the lime green 1971 Datsun 240Z I can afford right now: craigslist lowa

But remember GRM rules....never start a project with a rusty car

skruffy
skruffy Dork
10/29/09 4:23 p.m.

I've got a seriously rusty and somewhat bent 240z I'd trade ya. Think of all the articles you could publish about rust repair, fixing half-assed fiberglass work, straightening out the front end, replacing the floor panels that were already replaced with sheet steel, etc...

It does have a dent free roof and the early rear glass with vertical defroster lines. That's worth something.

dean1484
dean1484 Dork
10/29/09 7:22 p.m.
njansenv wrote: I REALLY REALLY want this car. Badly enough that I just called my wife at work to tell her about "Tim's 240 being for sale". Is it bad that she knew exactly what car I was talking about?

And she said??????

Tim dont sell it!!!!! I am still looking for my 75 formula 400. I want that car back sooooo bad. Pontiac 401 4 speed re done by the local police as an undercover high speed pursuit vehicle. Why did I trade it for a 65 T bird.. . . . Wait I want that car back to... . . . . I want them all back!!!!!!!

I think I need professional help.

Arne
Arne None
10/30/09 10:42 a.m.

My wife also knew what car I was talking about when I mentioned it. I love this car, the early '70-71 yellow may be my favorite 240Z color, and the mods to this one are perfect.

But I already have one real nice 240Z, and the garage isn't big enough to hold another...

irish44j
irish44j Reader
10/30/09 7:28 p.m.

wlkelley3
wlkelley3 HalfDork
10/30/09 10:37 p.m.

I had been keeping up with the articles on this thinking I would like one. Now when a nice one becomes available is the time when I'm short $ from my own projects and kids. Arrgh, I am a master of bad timing.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado Dork
10/30/09 10:43 p.m.

Tim's selling the 240Z? Let's go to hell and have a snowball fight!

FWIW, I think It's worth the 12K. And I'd prove it if I had it. Very clean (and well set up) car. Good ones are getting hard to find, unfortunately.

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette HalfDork
10/31/09 12:13 p.m.

gonna play an extra buck lotto tonight

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/09 8:23 a.m.

Okay, looks like the Z is going to a new home in Rhode Island. Thank you all for your interest.

njansenv
njansenv Reader
11/3/09 11:13 a.m.

Congrats! A beautiful car for a fair price....

Quote Dean "And she said??????"

...pretty much what I was thinking, right car....wrong time. We're (very happily) getting ready for the arrival of a little one, and priorities are putting the car stuff on hold.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5zKutH5PYkC5eMtdkaHKceEr6q0Z7WU6kArhTkwf5dQzRhAlN5LFxnNMAecH1ZK9