8 9 10 11
alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
1/5/14 3:01 p.m.

In reply to J308:

I tried updating to 10, and it required some other updates that didn't take. So this computer is seemingly stuck with 9. I'll try to update it now to a later 9, and see what happens.

bentwrench
bentwrench New Reader
1/5/14 4:46 p.m.

Where did you hide my profile, it says "broke"..

plance1
plance1 Dork
1/5/14 7:45 p.m.

again, not a fan, a person reads left to right, too much crap to the left. aghhh. I'm all for change but not change for the sake of change itself.

Ashyukun
Ashyukun HalfDork
1/6/14 11:57 a.m.

Many of the same issues others have mentioned before- I really miss having the links to you posts, new posts, etc. at the top and all the different forums at the bottom. It takes too many clicks to get back to those links/buttons now.

This is doubly bad since at least on my work computer (which will be forever trapped on an older version of Windows than is current and an even older version of IE... IE8 at the moment) it runs slower than molasses outside right now (and it's barely above 0F here). I guess I never saw any real issues with the old setup and therefore no reason to change. Now there's a massive white blank space on the left and cramped text to the right. If having all that stuff on the top-left was THAT IMPORTANT, why not just make it fixed or in its own pane so it was always there? Maybe put the links (your posts, all the forums) in there too and solve two issues at once?

Also, at least on this comp, the preview doesn't work at all, which is a step back from the old forums where it worked fine.

Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
1/6/14 2:13 p.m.

We believe we've found the bug that was causing the sidebar to relocate to the bottom of the page for some of you. Those of you who had this problem, please let me know if it's still there. Reload your page first, of course.

wbjones
wbjones PowerDork
1/6/14 2:21 p.m.

since there isn't any way to click on the "new posts to this thread" … I've been going to the > symbol at the rt. of the last poster

as often as not when I click on > it gives me the "you're lost" page … and if I then go to the last page and scroll down I find that the person that supposedly posted the last post, did in fact post the last post … just the website doesn't seem to realize this

Alan Cesar
1/6/14 4:47 p.m.

New/updated topic distinction: Look for the colored bars along the left-hand side of the threads. New threads are marked immediately, but currently for performance reasons, the bars don't change for "read" topics until you've stopped browsing the site for 30 minutes.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
1/6/14 5:28 p.m.
wbjones wrote: since there isn't any way to click on the "new posts to this thread" … I've been going to the > symbol at the rt. of the last poster as often as not when I click on > it gives me the "you're lost" page … and if I then go to the last page and scroll down I find that the person that supposedly posted the last post, did in fact post the last post … just the website doesn't seem to realize this

I posted a clue as to why that happens in the feedback thread. hopefully it helps the dev guys find it quickly because it's as annoying as hell.

bigdaddylee82
bigdaddylee82 HalfDork
1/6/14 9:47 p.m.

So I've noticed several double posts when someone makes the last post on a page, it is also the 1st post on the next page. I just had this happen to me in the hot link thread. Last post on page 2250 & 1st post on page 2251.

When I hit post I got the "you're lost" page, hit the back button, hit post again, and it worked, but apparently it worked the first time too?

• Lee
Ashyukun
Ashyukun HalfDork
1/6/14 11:18 p.m.

Browsing on my iPad as I am now, the "Subscribe Today" pop up keeps following me around but I CANNOT click on it- it jut disappears on its own and then reappears when I scroll some more. If this is a bug and I should be able to tap/click on the X to make it go away, it should be added to the bug list. If its that way intentionally- it's really annoying...

CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer Dork
1/7/14 7:28 a.m.

I'm not sure if it was reported, but I tried to change my avatar and now when I try to edit my profile I get a page that just says "Broke." and my avatar is gone.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
1/7/14 7:53 a.m.
Alan Cesar wrote: We believe we've found the bug that was causing the sidebar to relocate to the bottom of the page for some of you. Those of you who had this problem, please let me know if it's still there. Reload your page first, of course.

That problem is fixed on my machine. Thanks, Alan.

Alan Cesar
1/7/14 8:31 a.m.
bentwrench wrote: Where did you hide my profile, it says "broke"..

It's on our list of fixes. This appears to be happening when people update their avatars. Thanks for the heads up.

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
1/7/14 8:40 a.m.
bigdaddylee82 wrote: So I've noticed several double posts when someone makes the last post on a page, it is also the 1st post on the next page. I just had this happen to me in the hot link thread. Last post on page 2250 & 1st post on page 2251. When I hit post I got the "you're lost" page, hit the back button, hit post again, and it worked, but apparently it worked the first time too? - Lee

this is happening to me also when posting using my tablet, not sure if it does it on the laptop or not. It wasn't a couple of days ago.

Alan Cesar
1/7/14 9:21 a.m.
moparman76_69 wrote:
bigdaddylee82 wrote: So I've noticed several double posts when someone makes the last post on a page, it is also the 1st post on the next page. I just had this happen to me in the hot link thread. Last post on page 2250 & 1st post on page 2251. When I hit post I got the "you're lost" page, hit the back button, hit post again, and it worked, but apparently it worked the first time too? - Lee
this is happening to me also when posting using my tablet, not sure if it does it on the laptop or not. It wasn't a couple of days ago.

When this happens next, can you grab the URL from wherever you land that gives a 404 error? Please try also reloading the page and see if it reappears.

Let me know what you find.

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger SuperDork
1/7/14 11:10 a.m.

The open board links in new window function is still borked for me. I can select or deselect it and save and it makes no difference.

Alan Cesar
1/7/14 12:48 p.m.
Ditchdigger wrote: The open board links in new window function is still borked for me. I can select or deselect it and save and it makes no difference.

Sorry about that. It's on our list of things to fix. Thanks.

devina
devina New Reader
1/7/14 9:58 p.m.

I did not read through the entire post but when I visit GRM using Mozilla, the formatting is very different than when I view using IE....

Tim Baxter
Tim Baxter PowerDork
1/7/14 10:47 p.m.

devina, that's not surprising. IE is a terrible browser and can't render modern websites well.

OK, maybe IE 10 or 11. Maybe.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
1/8/14 8:36 a.m.

I have noticed that "Latest Topics" does not seem to include any posts from the Classic Motorsports forum. I am wondering if this is intentional. I often use "Latest Topics" to surf for canoes, even though surfing and canoeing rarely go together.

Alan Cesar
1/8/14 9:47 a.m.

In reply to devina:

Please try clearing your browser cache and refreshing the page.
If the problem still appears, can you send me a screenshot of how it shows up in each? Please email it to alan@grassrootsmotorsports.com
If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, this page will show you how: http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

Thanks. I've notified our developers.

Ransom
Ransom UberDork
1/8/14 9:48 a.m.

Woohoo! Links are opening in a new tab! Glad to have that feature back...

Ditchdigger
Ditchdigger UltraDork
1/8/14 10:44 a.m.
Ransom wrote: Woohoo! Links are opening in a new tab! Glad to have that feature back...

Yes but now the "quote" and "reply" buttons do too

Ransom
Ransom UberDork
1/8/14 11:15 a.m.

In reply to Ditchdigger:

I was just coming in here to mention that... The "In reply to:" populates in the text box on the original page, then you get taken to a new page... D'oh.

Alan Cesar
1/8/14 11:21 a.m.

Yep. I noticed that too. We're already on it.

8 9 10 11

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
fsI1izGC0bTaL6XuA3LGRCk3LjZoaq2g2UnZjfCcVGOXFpAhumnBVwpiZRGeqQ7T