44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
9/10/18 6:14 p.m.

Hey Gang.  

The 14yo I sponsor in bike racing the past 3 years may have found a good deal on a 85cc bike in Middletown IN its already set up for Flat Track and its got spare gearing too and sort of priced in his range.  His parents will not drive 18hr nor can I right now. the sellers can't meet us part way.  Anyone coming this way.   I'll be in Cuddebackville  NY for the vintage nationals on the 22-23.  I'm going to try an reach out to vintage racers as well.

Thanks for listening.

44Dwarf

aka Tony

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
9/10/18 8:49 p.m.

I can't move it but if you need to store it for a week I'm near Sandusky, Ohio.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/10/18 9:20 p.m.
DWNSHFT said:

I can't move it but if you need to store it for a week I'm near Sandusky, Ohio.

You are?

rdcyclist
rdcyclist New Reader
9/10/18 9:22 p.m.

If the seller can pull the wheels & bars and strap it to a pallet, Fastenal, the tool store will ship it for about 100 bucks. I shipped a 220 pound anvil from San Jose, California to Austin, TX for 120 bucks. You might want to look into that.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
9/10/18 10:43 p.m.
rdcyclist said:

If the seller can pull the wheels & bars and strap it to a pallet, Fastenal, the tool store will ship it for about 100 bucks. I shipped a 220 pound anvil from San Jose, California to Austin, TX for 120 bucks. You might want to look into that.

Gas tank might be an issue. Would check on that.

DWNSHFT
DWNSHFT Dork
9/11/18 7:58 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I am near Sandusky, yes.  PM me if I can help.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist New Reader
9/11/18 8:40 a.m.
NOT A TA said:
rdcyclist said:

Just gotta empty it and wash it out. Drain the transmission oil. They like it if you can build a crate over it. Fastenal is literally the cheapest way to ship big heavy E36 M3. And they aren't as slow as you might expect. The problem for me is they currently don't have excess capacity into California. I wanted to ship an Audi transmission last week and they declined, dammit.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
9/11/18 9:05 a.m.
rdcyclist said:
NOT A TA said:
rdcyclist said:

Just gotta empty it and wash it out. Drain the transmission oil. They like it if you can build a crate over it. Fastenal is literally the cheapest way to ship big heavy E36 M3. And they aren't as slow as you might expect. The problem for me is they currently don't have excess capacity into California. I wanted to ship an Audi transmission last week and they declined, dammit.

Greyhound might be an option.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist New Reader
9/11/18 9:45 p.m.
NOT A TA said:
rdcyclist said:
NOT A TA said:
rdcyclist said:

Greyhound might be an option.

I don't think you'll get into a Greyhound sized crate. If you can then they might be cheaper.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA Dork
9/11/18 10:49 p.m.

I shipped a fiberglass bodied Flat Kart Greyhound (no engine). Had to put the rear axle in a separate box to make weight. Dunno how much an Audi trans weighs but it might make the cut.

[URL=http://s240.photobucket.com/user/NOTATA/media/Yellow%20Kart/DSCN0012.jpg.html][/URL]

spear322
spear322 New Reader
9/12/18 3:29 p.m.

Wait...you can ship cheap via Fastenal.  Time to go on ebay and look for some toys

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
9/12/18 3:42 p.m.
DWNSHFT said:

In reply to Patrick :

I am near Sandusky, yes.  PM me if I can help.

I'm late to the party here but I live in Sandusky.  Pat is just less than an hour away.

What brings you to town dwnshift?  

PM might not work but I can be reached at....jwelsh02...yahoo........

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
9/14/18 6:07 a.m.

Bike sold to someone local oh well kido misses out but that might be a good thing in the end.  Got to teach them to have the ducks at least in the room when trying to make a deal. they don't have to be in rows...  Plus he parents need to step it up if he's going to continue to improve in racing. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UGTVgysCLzqfFUNkIVGoGo2xwx9yZF6fmy8Y9POGLkgqeCWiXRAgYQqD930qE0tY