bigwrench
bigwrench Reader
7/4/10 7:26 a.m.

???

maroon92
maroon92 SuperDork
7/4/10 7:31 a.m.

Car show this morning, going down to the town square to see some explosions this evening...nothing in the middle.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
7/4/10 7:38 a.m.

It's a holiday. I'm gonna lay around the house and do little or nothing besides drinking beer. I also plan to spend too much time cruising this site, take a long nap, and then go out to the lake to watch fireworks after dark.

BOOM!

P.S. Just decided to do Shishkabobs. Heading to the store right now..

Toyman01
Toyman01 Dork
7/4/10 7:59 a.m.

Hanging with family today. Should be a good one. Happy 4th!!

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
7/4/10 8:06 a.m.

Installing my ham radio in the Sentra SE-R - hopefully in the dashboard where that useless bin above the cupholder sits. I'll need it for the New England Forest Rally in 2 weeks (I'm working, not racing).

Some beer is on my agenda as well.

wbjones
wbjones Dork
7/4/10 8:26 a.m.

swapping out the old / cracked / thin rotors on the CRX... + some weedeating

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
7/4/10 8:27 a.m.

bleed corvette brakes - again - having a hard time getting the air out of the fronts after a simple quick caliper swap(system was open for less than 20 sec per side).

Jamesc2123
Jamesc2123 Reader
7/4/10 8:33 a.m.

Indy Car Grand Prix at the Glen! Woo!

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
7/4/10 8:38 a.m.

I'm going to break tradition and wash/wax the LandCruiser...finish painting the wheels on my sons bike (rust ...what ever happened to quality kids bikes???)

Go to the 4th parade, and grill some burgers.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim Dork
7/4/10 9:12 a.m.

Looking at a house this morning in the hope that we finally might have found a place with a garage and some space around it. Otherwise I have a stack of books to get through..

JG Pasterjak
JG Pasterjak Production/Art Director
7/4/10 9:27 a.m.

Wife's out of town so I'm batchin' it for a bit. Ribs are already in the oven.

Might shoot a car review video today (Challenger SRT8 in the driveway), and there's some yardwork that needs a doin' if the sun plays ball. And tonight there's an unofficial GRM get together at our local single A baseball franchise. I'd like to show up for that, although taking care of five parrots solo means extended trips away from the house can be tricky.

But, yeah. Hopefully not much productive.

jg

cwh
cwh SuperDork
7/4/10 9:53 a.m.

Wifey and I are planning an extravagant dinner off the grill tonight, for just the two of us. Burgers, dogs and lobster, plus a big killer salad. We can see fireworks from our front yard, so won't drive anywhere, plus lot's of 9mm to listen to. USA!USA!USA!

mattmacklind
mattmacklind SuperDork
7/4/10 10:22 a.m.

I worked hard all week on various projects so as to have nothing to do over the weekend other than clear out some rubbish from the yard. Three trips to the municipal yard waste dump yesterday (only open on Saturday, or I would have gone earlier), and on trip three the rear hatch broke off my Ramcharger! It happened when I opened it, not when I was in motion!

I took off Friday so I would have a four day weekend, and here I am, up since 6 and just sort of killing time. I think I'l be doing some retro-PC gaming, maybe some Baldur's Gate II until things start picking up. Yard work done, car work done, house work done, and me too sober.

calteg
calteg New Reader
7/4/10 11:10 a.m.

Willie Nelson's 4th of July picnic!

fornetti14
fornetti14 Reader
7/4/10 11:27 a.m.

Wife and I have been married 12 years today! We're hangin' out at our fav Lake Michigan beach with the kido's.

NYG95GA
NYG95GA SuperDork
7/4/10 11:42 a.m.
calteg wrote: Willie Nelson's 4th of July picnic!

Where's it being held this year?

Went to one in '84 at Atlanta Raceway. Never got so sunburned in my whole life. My girlfriend and I were the only ones there without tattoos; we had a large time!

Waylon, Mearle, Hank Jr.,Jesse, Linda Rhonstadt, DAC, etc... and the Stray Cats (who got booed off of the stage after one song)!

Willie wasn't there that year, but who could tell? It was awesome!

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Reader
7/4/10 12:30 p.m.

Just put the last coat of paint in the engine compartment of the challenge car. Headed out to Jungle Jims for some great food and sodas with real sugar. Later on, hiting a cruise in at Quaker Steak with a friend who's staying with us over the weekend. He brought his DeLorean

JoeyM
JoeyM HalfDork
7/4/10 1:06 p.m.

Just got done cutting toppings to make a few pizzas. Oh, and I went to Advance to buy 7lbs of bondo. One way or another, that grill shell is going to have a straight surface!

thestig99
thestig99 New Reader
7/4/10 1:34 p.m.

Working. For the sixth, of nine, days/nights in a row. Whee!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/4/10 1:47 p.m.

Baseball and fireworks tonight.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair SuperDork
7/4/10 11:21 p.m.

posting at midnight, but will pretend it's still 11 AM.

56-mile bike ride in 90+ heat. if i get back in time, i'm going to the pool.

grimmelshanks
grimmelshanks Reader
7/5/10 2:48 a.m.

posting at 12:30, so ill desribe how the 4th was: trued up the wheels on my bike, angrily stared at the e28 that im never gonna drive, then went to my girlfriends house and made fireworks

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
7/5/10 8:49 a.m.

I cleaned the garage during the day. Last week I insulated the walls so all those places where crap hangs on a nail isn't there.

Had six people over for dinner. Ribs, chicken and corn with that butter recipe I posted earlier, on the grill. Microcraft beers, good wine, and then had Trish's Lemon Merangue Ice Cream Pie by a fire in the chimenea.

It was a good day.

Dan

SupraWes
SupraWes Dork
7/6/10 4:33 p.m.

If anyone ever gets the chance the fireworks display in St Augustine is epically good. Sit on the outer wall of the fort for the best viewing.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5gXoiuQ39x7Zrtbol0CXHm9XqVFz2mOg4UphDXlBJO8uLV7a5EdfEcrTmI1W2nYT