Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/15/12 3:07 p.m.

I swapped cars when I went home for lunch. The open exhaust is loud, and it backfires and spits and pops on overrun.

I somehow forgot that I work in-between the Sheriff's office, the jail, the courthouse, and Juvenile Hall though... Good thing the new mufflers are in the passenger seat and I can legitimately say "I'm going to get these installed!".

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
8/15/12 6:23 p.m.

Nice, on this idea I drove the RR for work today, just for a change.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
8/15/12 7:39 p.m.

I drove the rabbit, must had been the day to get projects out!

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/15/12 8:25 p.m.

Couldn't get the new exhaust on due to bad manifolds. Good thing Pops mailed new ones today!

Loud on the way home, too. I can't believe the rush I got just driving this thing at 45 in a straight line!

Rob_Mopar
Rob_Mopar Dork
8/15/12 9:38 p.m.

Bad manifolds? Sounds like a good excuse for headers.

Ran home and got the Barracuda this afternoon. Needed to stop by a local VW shop doing body work on an original 383 4-speed '68 Barracuda (long story, not worth typing out). They needed to see what the lower quarters are supposed to look like. The originals on the 383 car rusted off decades ago.

Headed to a local cruise night after that but it got canceled. Rained earlier today. Passed a '68 Camaro RS and a '71 Plum Crazy Duster in traffic. Was a cool night.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
8/15/12 10:51 p.m.

Dad is sending me factory AMC hi-flow manifolds from a pre-EGR/emissions 70+ 360, totally restored. Headers are a royal pain on a 70+ AMC because the dog-leg heads make hot spots and a tough flange to seal. I'll still pick up quite a bit of power.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair PowerDork
8/16/12 9:22 a.m.
Javelin wrote: I swapped cars when I went home for lunch. The open exhaust is *loud*, and it backfires and spits and pops on overrun. I somehow forgot that I work in-between the Sheriff's office, the jail, the courthouse, and Juvenile Hall though... Good thing the new mufflers are in the passenger seat and I can legitimately say "I'm going to get these installed!".

very smart to do it at lunchtime then. i see no donut shop on your route.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DwALjY65HrczBLbD5HGcEhcBP00SrrTtlIwUDfWRLMSblTftityF3eV9vDgIiJvh